Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

The burden of proof is on you, not me. most bad films are lambasted and then forgotten. Why is this one different?

Your opinion. This is not bad. Poeple understood that it was killed by bad marketing, Disney taking over Fox and delusional nerds.

I think that, within the next 10 years, the movie will be appreciated by fans and casual viewers alike.
For what eXactly?

In ten years from now, the public would have already seen 1 to 3 X-Men movies from Marvel Studios.

In 2029, people would most likely remember Dark PhoeniX for how bad it was and how can a studio/writer managed to butcher an iconic comic book story line TWICE in a film adaptation. Its been 10 years since X-Men Origins: Wolverine and its still not as highly appreciated as the critical acclaimed Marvel films out there. I don't see why Dark PhoeniX would suddenly be appreciated ten years in the future. Its just not realistic.

In 2029, people would most likely remember Dark PhoeniX for how bad it was and how can a studio/writer managed to butcher an iconic comic book story line

You're not God, you don't know the future.

Said that, many love 'Dark Phoenix' and understand that it has been butchered by the studio, marketed in a very bad way and barely promoted by Fox or Disney.

Despite all this, it's a good movie.

Dark PhoeniX got a B- CinemaScore, the lowest for this franchise. The film also had the worst opening weekend numbers in North America and is the lowest grossing film in the 19 year old franchise (domestic and worldwide). And if the audiences loved the movie, it wouldn't get such disastrous results.

And why are you even saying it would be appreciated by the audience and fans alike within the neXt ten years, if its already beloved by many? That doesn't make any sense. You love the film, the audiences clearly didn't. A B- cinemascore, big box office drops (domestic and internationally) and bad of mouth online and from critics clearly don't align with what you're saying.

Your opinion. This is not bad. Poeple understood that it was killed by bad marketing, Disney taking over Fox and delusional nerds.

*snicker*

I just stopped by for laughs. I am not disappointed. There are still people defending the Catwoman movie from back in the day, as well. I guess people defending this turd while it's still fresh and stinking shouldn't surprise me.

It's cool you liked it, but it failed. Make excuses, blast those who point out its flaws, but it failed...in every way it possibly could. Financially, critically, word of mouth, Blu-Ray sales/rentals, bootleg copies at flea markets and Wal-Mart parking lots...it has been rejected.

In a few years, the X-Men will pop up in the MCU, and Mr. Feige will cradle all of those hurt by Fox and say, "There, there....I've got you....and I'll even make them superheroes...and I'll give you more than 1 villain..."

I mean, I liked the film, but can still agree with everyone that thinks it's hot garbage... because it kinda is. I liked it, but can still say it's dead last on the list of X-Films, I put Origins ahead of it.

I agree with the criticisms, heck, I kinda agree with the more troll posts.

Let's just look forward to what's to come... except New Mutants, the plug just needs to be pulled on that one.

So if New Mutants were to actually get a theatrical release for April 2020, shouldn't the cast and crew start working on those reshoots SOON?

Who actually thinks Fox (well Disney) will keep that April theatre date?

So if New Mutants were to actually get a theatrical release for April 2020, shouldn't the cast and crew start working on those reshoots SOON?

Who actually thinks Fox (well Disney) will keep that April theatre date?

For all we know, those reshoots happened but have been kept as secret as the existence of millions of people who think that Dark Phoenix is a great film. :funny:

Seriously, though, I suspect that Disney may have some financial obligation to give NM* a theatrical release. Perhaps there are contracts with the "talent" in place that require it to be shown in theaters. Or maybe Bob Iger is going to put it in 4,000+ cinemas just to stick it to Marty Scorcese. ("We're giving this stinking bomb a wide release just because we can. Call me when Netflix can do that.")

*NM = New Mutants/Never Mind

Well, I had an opportunity to get Dark Phoenix on Blu-Ray on Black Friday...passed it up. It just wasn't worth the $3. SO MANY of them left on the shelves...just...no one buying them. That's sad. Even the uninformed hot-boxing potheads of Wal-Mart and those who don't post here aren't buying it...that's how you know you have a stinker!! It was sitting right next to all those copies of Hellboy...looking all lonely. The only 2 comic bombs of the year. Franchise killers.

now that you said that....
Kinberg basically killed the franchise twice: writting X3 in 2006, and writting/directing Dark phoenix in 2019. Wow. Such a talent to achieve this, with the huge potential the x-men always had but we never saw.

Dark PhoeniX got a B- CinemaScore, the lowest for this franchise. The film also had the worst opening weekend numbers in North America and is the lowest grossing film in the 19 year old franchise (domestic and worldwide). And if the audiences loved the movie, it wouldn't get such disastrous results.

And why are you even saying it would be appreciated by the audience and fans alike within the neXt ten years, if its already beloved by many? That doesn't make any sense. You love the film, the audiences clearly didn't. A B- cinemascore, big box office drops (domestic and internationally) and bad of mouth online and from critics clearly don't align with what you're saying.

I don't get CinemaScore grading at all. in school, a B- isn't great, but it's well into the passing area. Like a B- is a decent grade. Not great, but it's like 80% or above.

I don't get CinemaScore grading at all. in school, a B- isn't great, but it's well into the passing area. Like a B- is a decent grade. Not great, but it's like 80% or above.
Yeah but I don't think the casual viewers would give something they enjoy a b-. Lots of films got an A and A- in cinema score. A B- is quite disastrous as its the only X-Men film to get a cinemascore rating like that. Not only people weren't interested to watch it, the ones that saw it collectively gave it the lowest score in the franchise.

masterpieces are always underrated

For all we know, those reshoots happened but have been kept as secret as the existence of millions of people who think that Dark Phoenix is a great film. :funny:
Hehe
Seriously, though, I suspect that Disney may have some financial obligation to give NM* a theatrical release. Perhaps there are contracts with the "talent" in place that require it to be shown in theaters. Or maybe Bob Iger is going to put it in 4,000+ cinemas just to stick it to Marty Scorcese. ("We're giving this stinking bomb a wide release just because we can. Call me when Netflix can do that.")

*NM = New Mutants/Never Mind
If Mowgli, with a cast that includes Cumberbatch, Bale, Blanchett, can be switched to Netflix I don't think a cast of virtual unknowns (I'm too lazy to google their names tbh) have any say on the matter.
Well, I had an opportunity to get Dark Phoenix on Blu-Ray on Black Friday...passed it up. It just wasn't worth the $3. SO MANY of them left on the shelves...just...no one buying them. That's sad. Even the uninformed hot-boxing potheads of Wal-Mart and those who don't post here aren't buying it...that's how you know you have a stinker!! It was sitting right next to all those copies of Hellboy...looking all lonely. The only 2 comic bombs of the year. Franchise killers.
It wasn't quite low but I also had an opportunity to pick up the bluray for $9.99 at Best Buy for Black Friday. And I just couldn't.

Hehe

If Mowgli, with a cast that includes Cumberbatch, Bale, Blanchett, can be switched to Netflix I don't think a cast of virtual unknowns (I'm too lazy to google their names tbh) have any say on the matter.

It wasn't quite low but I also had an opportunity to pick up the bluray for $9.99 at Best Buy for Black Friday. And I just couldn't.
I mean, Wendy's has a 4 for $4 special, and I think I'd rather get two of those and still have $2 left...to put towards the purchase of a roll of toilet paper. Much more practical!

So on comicbookmovie.com their have been released drawings of the new Hellfire Club concert art. The members were Shinobi Shaw, Leland, Von Strucker twins, Red Lotus Gang, and Emma Frost. Hmmm interesting.

Doesn't matter now. Kinberg the genius gave us Margaret and the amazing tree-looking Alien folk!

What a hit!

It’s probably best they weren’t used, especially given Disney’s acquisition of Fox. I know Marvel hasn’t revisited Spider-Man’s rogues gallery that was used by Sony, but I hope we eventually get to see new takes on classic X-Men villains, like the Hellfire Club and Sentinels.

I agree that while I loved the Sentinels in DOFP, that was just one take and I can't wait to see another version. This time I don't want them to be so T-1000 like, but also not as bull**** (and made of paper?) as Ultron's army in AAOU.

This film isn't terrible, but some aspects of it are. The opening, in true X-Men franchise tradition, is fantastic. It's almost like the film should have ended there as a short to cap the prequel franchise off. I thought the opening of Apocalypse was also the best part of that movie.

This movie had an ironic similarity to the recent Fantastic Four movie in that the third act comes very abruptly. Unlike that movie, I think the train sequence is good, but not spectacular. I would have much rather had the UN fight and original ending that was shown in concept art.

One part of the film that I think is bad is the scene with Eric and Jean. It should be an intense scene that makes us scared of her, but it's so bad. Eric doesn't get angry enough, the confrontation just kind of ends and then they go play tug of war with the helicopter.
The choice to have the X-men be in their uniforms when going to confront Jean in her hometown, before she had done anything wrong, is weird too. There is a lot more wrong with the film, but I digress.

I agree Fox should have got the OG cast back 1 more time after DOFP overperformed
, and while I'm not happy Disney bought Fox, I am fine knowing Kevin Feige will create a more consistent X-men franchise. I will mourn more adult and R rated takes on the mutant world though, like The Wolverine, Logan, Deadpool and New Mutants. I would love if parts of this world could live on in the Deadpool franchise, and he just pops into the MCU here and there. We'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"