Days of Future Past X-Men: Days of Future Past Speculation

Yes, it's also possible the threat/event is in the future. I've been thinking that too. It would explain why we have only heard about four returning characters from First Class.

and having the film take majority of it's time placed into the future.. doesn't mean FC team wont be focal... it just means they probably all travel to the future

and having the film take majority of it's time placed into the future.. doesn't mean FC team wont be focal... it just means they probably all travel to the future

That kind of takes the past out of Days of Future Past, doesn't it?

Story-wise, I have a lot of faith in Singer.

Character-wise, some he likes and does very well, but others get shoved aside and now need correcting (Storm, Cyclops, Rogue).

Films like the upcoming Star Trek sequel, Skyfall, Dark Knight Rises show the level of scale and excitement now required for a jaw-dropping, eye-popping blockbuster.

No more holding back, it's time to turn the dial up to 'epic' - the great thing being that Singer will never forget story or characterisation along the way!

I notice you didn't mention Avengers? Were u not a fan?

Avengers was amazing. This film has allot to live up to.

I'd love to see a Beast/Future Beast confrontation. Given how complex the character is, it would be brilliant.

I notice you didn't mention Avengers? Were u not a fan?

I just neglected to mention it. Yes, I was a fan - not hysterically, fanboyishly, screaming-from-the-rooftops - but I enjoyed it, and I did like the sense of scale and impact. I thought there were issues with character development but overall it was enjoyable, and it had a big, blockbuster feel to like - whereas most of the X-Men films don't.

Personally, I feel there's been so much EPIC EPIC EPIC in the recent films that I can't help feeling kinda jaded about it all; there's a whole lot of epic and not that much genuinely memorable. Like, that last battle in The Avengers was "epic", but about the only thing that stuck in my mind about it was the cool fish-like design of the alien ship. And so much of it feels like stuff I've already seen in the other movies; when I watched that Star Trek teaser I went, oh this reminds me of this film and that reminds me of that movie.

Last edited:
If Star Trek 2 wasnt a JJ Abrams film then I would not have been as stoked with the trailer. We have seen so many explosions on screen it does look the same after awhile. That guy knows what hes doing though and has a good grasp on scale and characters. Havnt been disappointed in a flick hes done so far, and I highly doubt that will change with the next Star Trek.

With the action in Avengers the characters fighting stuck out the most to me, not really the explosions or city setting. We hadnt seen a comic film use characters in a such a grand way with their powers before. Or battle eachother for that matter. The scene where it goes through them fighting together side by side in pretty much one shot was one of the most crowd pleasing moments Ive seen on film. Even Black Widow fighting with Hawkeye felt rewarding to me as a fan. Getting those relationships right even if not fully explored was pretty cool to see. Imagine if there was ever a scene in an X Men film with Rogue and Gambit fighting side by side. People would loose their mind over that.

Last edited:
What "past" time period do you have in mind then?

It does really need a past time period, just a past event that causes the future. Any of the events in the x-men trilogy constitute as past when the future happens.

It should be about what happened in X-3.Take the X-men that survived that movie.
have them going to the past before that movie to fix everything that went wrong.
It serves as a real life premise as well as fictional.
Boom done.
You know this may very well be possible when taking into consideration what he tried to do with Superman Returns.
He went back 30 somthing years before part 3 and 4 of Superman and tried to take it from 2.Which was pretty daring and might have worked had it not been for the whole SUperman having a son bit.That was taking once chance too many.
However it would be hot to take it back from part two forward.Or even before to correct alot and omit alot of part three.
Think about it why else would he do this this may be his way of fixing his not doing prt.3.He may very well take it from 2 or before and omit 3 altogether and have a story to back up why.
Wow.I can see it.It fits.

Last edited:
There's no way past people are coming into the future unless there's a mind swap. The bulk of the movie has to take place in the FC era and that's fine.

The event of The Last Stand may be just thrown out.Another possibilty Is the time traveler will return to future at end of movie to discover the events the Last Stand have now been removed from timeline thanks to preventing event In past but events of X-Men,X2,and The Wolverine are pretty much Intact.Thus James Marsden and Famke Janssen could be
missing from future of sentinles but show them at end.

Thus they have opotion of another sequel with original cast and another wolverine film and can do spinoffs In this peroid and also can do more films In peroid before the first
X-Men.Since The Wolverine Is being called the Iron Man of the new shared universe and this Is Bryan Singer directig(very Unlikely he will want to remove his own films from
Cannon) they may even try to say Origins did happen but time travel fallout caused it and Last Stand to be removed from cannon(Using timetravel to do away with bad X-Men
films)

There's no way past people are coming into the future unless there's a mind swap. The bulk of the movie has to take place in the FC era and that's fine.

Noone from past Is going Into future.Yes there might be a mind switch but there
will be no physical going from past to future.This story Is about going from future to Past.They might do a physical time travel to get someone from original
films Interacting with First Class cast onscreen.

The scene where it goes through them fighting together side by side in pretty much one shot was one of the most crowd pleasing moments Ive seen on film. Even Black Widow fighting with Hawkeye felt rewarding to me as a fan. Getting those relationships right even if not fully explored was pretty cool to see. Imagine if there was ever a scene in an X Men film with Rogue and Gambit fighting side by side. People would loose their mind over that.

definetly. and if you add characters like Nightcrawler, Angel, Colossus, Kitty and Storm all fighting together, with Warren and Ororo flying at the same time...

it would more than mindblowing

If Arcangel and Storm and Rogue we're flying around destroying Sentinels I would have a nerdgasm!

it' simple the events from the last stand and the global threat caused by Mutants plus the cure.
Causes them to put into effect the Sentinal act as well as Global control over Mutants.
Wolverine and the few that were left over try there best to fight this threat as as Mutants are being put into concentration camps.However it becoames too much for them.
When suddenly an oppurtunity to go into the past and undo all that caused this is presented be it machine but most likey it will be by a Mutant to go into the past.
Wolverine as all for it so he can actually go back before Jean Grey died.
They go back to tthe time of First Class.Undo the treat of the Sentinals that truly began after the cold war because that was when Mutants first surfaced.Or at least the First Class.
They fight together the Mutant brings the remaning team back to the present Jean and Scott are still alive actually the best way would bring them back into a scene from the first movie.Maybe right at the scene where Scott and Wolverine are having that discussion about Jean at the door of Professor X's office thus comming completely full circle.(Even Better Wolverine finds himself in the hoody he was whereing in fornt of the Profeesors door he opens it and finds Scott(James Marsden)And Xaviour saying the line from the first movie."Hello Logan"The scene right before he asks Profeesor if his name is wheels.Everyone is there in the room.He looks at Storm and Professor X and only they know what happpened.Ohhh that gives me chills...!!!X-men would be back on top.You go to the scene where he was leaving and Rogue asks him are you leaveing but this time he says no I think I'll stay.
That would be amazingly awesome.
Thus we take it right from the start all over again with the original team intact.
And the First Class intact.
Wow I should be writing this.

Last edited:
If Arcangel and Storm and Rogue we're flying around destroying Sentinels I would have a nerdgasm!

I wouldnt believe it. would be the best action sequence of the whole franchise

hopefully one day.

if not three x-men, at least two.

so now that Bryan and co. are gonna adapt a specific storyarc, some of you want them to change the concept of the movie and do something else with it.

and then fans blame the studios and directors changing stuff

what an irony

^Not really Bishop traveled back in time for TAS version of DoTFP. And at the end of the day they aren't going to get an exact interpretation unless they reboot the entire series sooo... I don't see your point.

the key factor of the storyarc is the x-men from the future send ONE x-man to the past, 30 years ago.

That's something they should respect, at the very least.

and if that character is a x-girl, much better.

the rest of the movie can have different type of scenes and situations, thats the magic of a movie adaptation. The suprise factor.

But on this board, some fans seem to expect the x-men from the past to go to the future, both Beasts sharing a scene, or both Magnetos, or Kurt meeting her mother, and other stuff.

that was my point. Its adapting an already complex arc doing something even more complex with stuff that could be use later in the franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"