Days of Future Past 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they stoped it as a trilogy because they lost Bryan.

on X2 dvd, both actors and Bryan teased about doing X3 and X4, and on and on.

Im sure if Bryan would have stayed, he would have done a fourth one, at least.

The plan was to go as far as the audience wanted. The sad thing is that the audience wanted more, but they lost the creator of the franchise and made a dissapointing third part. So they didnt feel confident enough to keep goin.

Pretty sad, knowing the potential of this universe and seeing now that Bryan has always been interested in returning.

I think there would still have come a time when Bryan was unable to do an X-Men film because he wanted to make another movie and perhaps take a break from the X-Men. But it would have been better if he had made X3 first, then gone to make SR or whatever else.

Bryan could still do other movies between X-men sequels, specially with Fox releasing them with a 3 years gap.

If they would have signed Singer before the Superman offer, WB would have choosen another director or wait for Singer to release it later.

And on the actual scenario where Ratner did X3, if Fox would have called Bryan some years later offering him the fourth installement, I think Bryan would have accepted.

X4 didnt have to come out on 2009 at all, maybe on 2010, so that would have given Bryan some time to do another proyect, like Valkiria, for example.

I don't think they should bring back Nightcrawler, well not yet. I just watched X2 last week and I think it would be weird to see Nightcrawler again with the X-Men especially X2 was released almost a decade ago and he didn't appear in X3. If they are gonna bring him back, it should be a proper comeback, like they should show and explain why he came back to the X-Men. I don't want FOX to bring him back just for the purpose of bringing back fan-favorites from the original trilogy.

I was thinking, they could have Rogue come back if it was explained the cure didn't work. We saw Magneto's powers begin to return at the end of X3, and we saw Beast's attempt at a cure in First Class just made his mutation progress further.

It could be a good plot point. We see Rogue being pursued by thugs in the future, she is cornered in an abandoned building, one guy asks if she is 'human or mutie', then says 'well what do we care, a hot chick is just a hot chick at the end of the day' and leaps on her, intending to assault/rape her. As she fights back, her powers re-emerge fully under the stress and she touches him, draining his lifeforce until he is a withered corpse as the other thugs run off. Wolverine arrives to chase them off.

Wolverine: I thought you were cured of being a mutant

Rogue: Evidently not. It didn't last, you can't just stop evolution with a needle Logan. And because they couldn't cure us, they want to kill us.

Wolverine: And not just them (gestures towards the fleeing thugs). There are bigger things to worry about.

A Sentinel rips off the roof of the building...

I'm all for having Rogue return, but I don't think you need to explain her having her powers back. X3 already left enough of a hint that the cure wasn't final, plus having McKellen back as Magneto would likely confirm that also.

I'm all for having Rogue return, but I don't think you need to explain her having her powers back. X3 already left enough of a hint that the cure wasn't final, plus having McKellen back as Magneto would likely confirm that also.

X3 was six years ago, eight years by the time DoFP is released. How many ordinary moviegoers will remember its exact details by then?

I prefer my version of events where a quick explanation is built into the opening scene!

agree about any type of explanation.

If she is back, Bryan will find a smart way of adressing it, so Im not worried about that.

I just need Kitty or Rogue on this sequel.

X3 was six years ago, eight years by the time DoFP is released. How many ordinary moviegoers will remember its exact details by then?

I prefer my version of events where a quick explanation is built into the opening scene!

I do like your opening scene and that would be a great introduction, but just because X3 was released eight years ago does not mean that ordinary moviegoers can't watch it in anticipation for DoFP. As a matter of fact, I hear about people doing that all the time. Heck, FX still shows X3 to this day.

It's very unlikely Bryan Singer will want to call attention to the Last Stand.He will be wanting to get on with the Days of future past story and not make reference to film
that at best had a mixed reaction.Now will he want to use a controvulated way to make the last Stand key to time travel plot.I seriously doudt any reference to the cure or
about Xavier's mind In other body.Some may not know this but In comics Xavier's mind has been In cloned body since the early 1980's.

It's very unlikely Bryan Singer will want to call attention to the Last Stand.He will be wanting to get on with the Days of future past story and not make reference to film
that at best had a mixed reaction.Now will he want to use a controvulated way to make the last Stand key to time travel plot.I seriously doudt any reference to the cure or
about Xavier's mind In other body.Some may not know this but In comics Xavier's mind has been In cloned body since the early 1980's.

Yes, he has been in a cloned body in the comics, and in an early story his place was taken by a shapeshifter called the Changeling (who could also imitate powers, unlike Mystique) who was killed. The team believed Xavier dead but he had gone into hiding to prepare for an alien invasion.

Nonetheless, a braindead twin does seem a bit of a stretch somehow.

I just hope they get on and announce the casting, so we can stop all this speculation.

If they include Xavier acting as though nothing happened, and Rogue with her powers back, then so be it. Let's just get on with it, because I'm tired of talking about it.

The braindead twin was just there way of leaving door open for Patrick Stewart to return as xavier for future films after Tom Rothman forced them to have Xavier be killed.They have explantian for Xavier returning and for cure being temporary without going more Into
it.

The only way both could return Is

A:Bryan Singer Is outright Ignoring the Last Stand
B:the future scenes are flashbacks of the time traveler who comes from a'
completly alternate timeline

I would bet on A however movieweb may be taking the Hollywood reporter
article out of context.

Singer will more than likely want the cast and story he wants. If there are questions, it will probably be either explained away as an alternate future (if it includes people killed in X3, like Cyclops) or, if it's just Xavier and Rogue, they can say X3 left it open for the cure not to be permanent and that Xavier had a new body.

Singer showed with SR that he is willing to leave previous films as 'vague history' and disregard entire films. But the trouble with SR is that it left it difficult to move forward.

The only way both could return Is

A:Bryan Singer Is outright Ignoring the Last Stand
B:the future scenes are flashbacks of the time traveler who comes from a'
completly alternate timeline

I would bet on A however movieweb may be taking the Hollywood reporter
article out of context.

Or
C: We discover that Cyclops never died, since it happened off screen.

In any case, Movieweb definitely made a big assumption based on what THR reported. I wouldn't put too much stock in it yet.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/x-men-ian-mckellen-hugh-397995

This is HR announcement. It says that Berry and Marsden are among others who are being sought. I wonder who the other ones are?

The HR also says they will be in a "Alternate" dystopian future, but they may just be basing that off the comics.

Another site said that Famke was rumoured to be the next one to be announced, but I've never heard that rumour!

oh wait...no HR is not even implying that the two are coming back:

But Halle Berry, James Marsden and other original X-Men are not yet confirmed to come back

They just mentioned those two as some of the more famous original X-men. Unless there was another piece of news released by THR today, sites are just sensationalizing what they reported. They essentially just restated what is already known

Too late now, zillions of sites are reporting that Halle and James are in talks!

And that other comic book site we are not allowed to mention has an interesting comments section where most people want James but definitely don't want Halle.

According to one commenter, Singer ran hysterically from directing X3 rather than work with Halle again so Ratner had to come in and do it! lol

inspired by a FC pic posted on another site, wanted to see these two important characters on the same pic:

wouldnt it be amazing to see a scene from the two together?

Not a lot of people are gonna remember that Magneto moved the Chess piece at the end of X3. They have to explain if Rogue's power came back or else the people who saw X3 would question that.

Last edited:
^if general audiences cant remember the very final scene of the last stand i fear for human kind lol

Maybe we'll get hints on how they'll do it in Wolverine.

what if we get a tease of the apocaliptic future in after credits scene?

:wow:

My bet Is The Wolverine mostly connects to Days of future Past Is the ending
has Wolverine deciding to return to mansion and possibly showing his return to
mansion with post credit scene giving first look at Days of future Past
As for the reported Famke Janssen Cameo It depends on rather Fox Is allowing Bryan Singer and team throwing out Last Stand.With Last Stand In Cannon my bet Is When Wolverine Is at injured moment he has dream or hallunication of Jean.If Bryan outright ignores Last Stand the ending could be wolverine returns to mansion to find Jean returned from sacrifice In X2

Not a lot of people are gonna remember that Magneto moved the Chess piece at the end of X3. They have to explain if Rogue's power came back or else the people who saw X3 would question that.

I imagine that if people remember Magneto being "cured," then they'll remember the last shot of the film where we learn that he wasn't.

I imagine that if people remember Magneto being "cured," then they'll remember the last shot of the film where we learn that he wasn't.

I am not sure the ordinary moviegoer will remember that from what will be eight years ago when DoFP comes out.

But Bryan probably won't want to specifically address any part of X3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"