Days of Future Past 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sentiments exactly. It's not like there were any open-ended questions hanging out there for Banshee and Havok. It's not like we have this "cliff-hanger" involving them and we must have them all back in the sequel to tie any loose ends up.

The truth is, neither Havok nor Banshee (or any of the others being dropped) are among the most popular, upper echelon of X-Men characters. They just...aren't. And believe me when I say...the main movie going audiences are NOT going to miss them. They are going to be focused 100% on the main core again: Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto, Storm, Rogue, Bobby, etc.

"miss them"? Probably not. But anyone with half a brain will note their absence and question it. And if there is a brand new group of supporting characters in the FC time period, most sensable movie goers will just wonder why they just didn't stick with the characters that were just introduced.

Pity Banshee is not back. The absence of First Class characters, especially members of the X-Men, should definitely be explained somewhat in DOFP. It could be interesting though if it means a young Jean, Storm and Cyclops will be joining the team.

I still have faith in Singer but I do hope there is mention of missing characters from First Class. It's not like Toad and Sabretooth missing from X2 and not mentioned. To the general audience they were killed at the end of X1. Whether they were actually killed or not is another topic.

My sentiments exactly. It's not like there were any open-ended questions hanging out there for Banshee and Havok. It's not like we have this "cliff-hanger" involving them and we must have them all back in the sequel to tie any loose ends up.

The truth is, neither Havok nor Banshee (or any of the others being dropped) are among the most popular, upper echelon of X-Men characters. They just...aren't. And believe me when I say...the main movie going audiences are NOT going to miss them. They are going to be focused 100% on the main core again: Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto, Storm, Rogue, Bobby, etc.

Are they? Then who are Fan Bingbing, Booboo Stewart and Omar Sy playing?

Pity Banshee is not back. The absence of First Class characters, especially members of the X-Men, should definitely be explained somewhat in DOFP. It could be interesting though if it means a young Jean, Storm and Cyclops will be joining the team.

I still have faith in Singer but I do hope there is mention of missing characters from First Class. It's not like Toad and Sabretooth missing from X2 and not mentioned. To the general audience they were killed at the end of X1. Whether they were actually killed or not is another topic.

When Stryker was chatting to Kelly and the President in X2, there was mention of the mutants picked up at Liberty Island, so the absence was covered in as much as it was implied they were all in captivity.

Of course we saw Magneto in his plastic prison and in a never-filmed sequence from the X2 script, Toad was at Stryker's dam where he had a fight with Nightcrawler.

When Stryker was chatting to Kelly and the President in X2, there was mention of the mutants picked up at Liberty Island, so the absence was covered in as much as it was implied they were all in captivity.

Of course we saw Magneto in his plastic prison and in a never-filmed sequence from the X2 script, Toad was at Stryker's dam where he had a fight with Nightcrawler.

Well there you go. A simple mention like that could explain what happened to the Hellfire Club members. As for Banshee and Havok, their absence definitely needs to be explained imo. Regardless of how popular they are they still played a role in First Class and people will remember them.

Are they? Then who are Fan Bingbing, Booboo Stewart and Omar Sy playing?

Fan Bingbing Is playing Blink.Omar Sy Is playing a supporting role(possibly Snych since he was cut from first Class) and Booboo Stewart Is playing a secondary
role(possibly Sunspot since he too was cut from first Class)

James Mcavoy,Michael fassbender,Patrick Stewert,Ian Mckellen,Jennifer Lawrence,Hugh jackman,Nicholas Hoult,and Peter Dinklage are playing the major
roles In film.

Halle Berry,Ellen Page,Omar Sy,Shawn Ashmore,Anna Paquin,and a to be announced actor are playing the supporting roles.

Daniel CUdmore,Fan Bindbing,Booboo Stewart,and any remianing to be announced actors are playing the secondary roles.

Fan Bingbing Is playing Blink.Omar Sy Is playing a supporting role(possibly Snych since he was cut from first Class) and Booboo Stewart Is playing a secondary
role(possibly Sunspot since he too was cut from first Class)

You miss the point. I'm fully aware of all the news on this production - and you should be fully aware that I'm fully aware because I'm on here all the time.

But my point is that some people's response to news that Banshee isn't in this was that they were glad that B and C list characters had been removed.

And yet we're probably getting some new B and C characters in their place. Blink, Synch and Sunspot are hardly A-list X-Men.

The four main characters of First Class were about 80% of that movie and everyone else (bar Shaw) were trimmings, including Banshee and Havok. So it's not exactly surprising that they're not appearing in a film that's set 11 years later and is not tied to that whole 60s era anymore.

What's disappointing is that now they'll just fill the movie with new characters who are not likely to get much development in this busy movie and will probably be never seen again. Again. If you need background characters why not keep the ones who have already been introduced and who already have some history with your main characters?

I, for one, find this good news. The movie's turning out exactly how I have been imagining it. This doesn't create a continuity problem, it actually fixes it. Havok and Banshee would just be considered a temporary team that helped Xavier out for that mission. It is unfortunate that their characters weren't developed in FC, but that doesn't mean they need to be developed in DOFP. In franchise history, they'll just go down as minor supporting characters and honestly it was fortunate to even see those B-comic characters with speaking roles.

It was never concretely spelled out that Xavier formed the X-Men right away. After his injury, he might have taken time off or just opened the school for "basic" mutant education. Now, if DOFP (or the next X-movie) introduces a young Scott and Jean, then this would actually be a continuity FIX for how Scott and Jean (and maybe eventually Storm) were his first X-Men students.

I'm still holding out hope for Emma. Yes, Jones wasn't that great, but I'm sure she can do better. Emma is definitely an A-list character.

This Isn't going to be 90 percent In past and 10 percent In future more likely going to be split 50/50 or 60/40 between 2 time peroids.

IGN: There was a real distinctive tone created in First Class, that was sort of in the vein of a film from that era, how are you going to integrate that into this one?

Singer:
The majority of it...or that part of it, takes place in the early 70’s, 1973.
I'd say 60/40 or 70/30 split is likely.

I think it also makes sense to spend time in an era in which the actions have the most consequence. If this was a movie set entirely in the post-apocalyptic world showing the fight of X-Men against the Sentinels, that would be one thing. But if the story is about correcting something in the past, then the past is where the actions matter most and the future is basically a dead end.

Last edited:
I, for one, find this good news. The movie's turning out exactly how I have been imagining it. This doesn't create a continuity problem, it actually fixes it. Havok and Banshee would just be considered a temporary team that helped Xavier out for that mission. It is unfortunate that their characters weren't developed in FC, but that doesn't mean they need to be developed in DOFP. In franchise history, they'll just go down as minor supporting characters and honestly it was fortunate to even see those B-comic characters with speaking roles.

It was never concretely spelled out that Xavier formed the X-Men right away. After his injury, he might have taken time off or just opened the school for "basic" mutant education. Now, if DOFP (or the next X-movie) introduces a young Scott and Jean, then this would actually be a continuity FIX for how Scott and Jean (and maybe eventually Storm) were his first X-Men students.

THIS. With Havok and Banshee vacating their First Class positions it opens up for Scott, Storm and Jean (and Beast) to still be the core X-men. I see this as them correcting their original mistake and simply saying Havok and Banshee were simply there at the beginning.

But if Scott, Storm and Jean are introduced in this movie, how much time are they going to get with everything else going on? Is anyone going to be happy if they get a Banshee-like treatment, screen time-wise?

But if Scott, Storm and Jean are introduced in this movie, how much time are they going to get with everything else going on? Is anyone going to be happy if they get a Banshee-like treatment, screen time-wise?

We already know who these three are, so there would be no need for lengthy introductions.

Scott and Jean are "dead" in the future and young Storm would have a future counterpart, so there's something that could be dealt with.

FC had time for Beast and Mystique, so we could see the first buds of the blossoming romance between Scott and Jean (and this will be the first and last time I ever say anything this pukeworthy:barf:).

They could kill off Havok, and have Scott feel the need to live up to his brother's memory or some crap like that.

Storm's claustrophobia.

Basically, what I'm saying is that there are plenty of ways they could add some emotional appeal/development for these three that we didn't get or could have gotten with Havok and Banshee.

Massively disappointed with this news. This doesn't bode well for the 1970's scenes for me. Either they won't take up that much of the film, there isn't an actual X-Men team, or it's filled with new mutants that will be forgotten come sequel time like most of the First Class cast.

I think at most Scott and Jean could be introduced. Storm doesn't need to be because she's in the future scenes. I think the major character points that would need to be addressed are:

- Scott's natural leadership, curse of his powers
- Jean's potential powers, bubbly personality
- Their budding relationship/romance

That's all that's needed for this movie and I don't think it would take up too much time. Although this late in the game, it would be a whopper of a secret if they are still hiding young Scott and Jean castings.

I really don't think Colossus, Blink, Booboo Stewart, and Omar Sy have significant roles. So in actuality, I have a feeling the cast is pretty much along the lines of X2.

Last edited:
Since james Mcavoy has talked about possibily having a scene with Patrick Stewart It makes me wonder If Blink will have power to transport through time and send Xavier,wolverine and eather Rogue and Kitty to 1973 while Magneto,Storm,Colossus,Iceman,and eather Kitty or Rogue battle sentinles In future.This
explans why some many of first Class supporting characters are being dropped.New Characters In 1973 may mostly be new recruits for brotherhood.Maybe part of DOFP In 1973 plot Is magneto recruiting for the brotherhood for attack On washington.

Scott's natural leadership

They couldn't even establish that in the amount of screen time he had in X1. And he'll be leading a 3 man team? Above the way older, more experienced, more mature and smarter Beast (played by what is most likely a bigger name actor)? I don't see it happening. I'd rather they save Cyclops in a film where they could do him correctly.

They couldn't even establish that in the amount of screen time he had in X1. And he'll be leading a 3 man team? Above the way older and more mature Beast? I don't see it happening. I'd rather they save Cyclops in a film where they could do him correctly.
It's not that they couldn't do it... just that they chose not to. It really wouldn't be that hard to imply. All it would take is one scene where he takes charge in an unexpected (but impressive) way.

I think at most Scott and Jean could be introduced. Storm doesn't need to be because she's in the future scenes. I think the major character points that would need to be addressed are:

- Scott's natural leadership, curse of his powers
- Jean's potential powers, bubbly personality
- Their budding relationship/romance

That's all that's needed for this movie and I don't think it would take up too much time.

I really don't think Colossus, Blink, Booboo Stewart, and Omar Sy have significant roles. So in actuality, I have a feeling the cast is pretty much along the lines of X2.

What some are forgetting Is Bryan Singer has confirmed they are respecting Origins and Last Stand.Even If you Ignore the opening scene of Last stand teenage Cyclops In Origins set around 1979 Is harder to Ignore.

It's possibly Blink In future part actully transports a few OT actors to past.

Colossus Is secondary role In future.Booboo Stewart and Omar Sy may be playing new members of Brotherhood.

.New Characters In 1973 may mostly be new recruits for brotherhood.

But why would 70s!Charles not have a team of X-Men? Or a bunch of students running around?

Unless the story is that Charles is all depressed or whatever and sits alone in his mansion with Cerebro and Beast for company, the lack of new characters on the team or at school doesn't make sense at all.

This is not a drama,Banshee and Havok already had their chance in first class.No problem.

Last edited:
There may not be new X-Men because Wolverine and eather Rogue or kitty could be transported to past along with Patrick Stewart's Xavier.

Seriously they dropped Banshee and Havok(Inless they are recasting) and not Ignoring Origins and Last Stand makes having teenage versions of Cyclops and Jean In DOFP
difficult.

What some are forgetting Is Bryan Singer has confirmed they are respecting Origins and Last Stand.Even If you Ignore the opening scene of Last stand teenage Cyclops In Origins set around 1979 Is harder to Ignore.
I'm not forgetting that fact. I believe that Singer intends to fix what he can, but he won't be able to work in a perfect excuse for each and every continuity error.

And Origins is just one big continuity black hole that I'm thinking Singer isn't even going to touch it in an effort to not remind everyone how awfully and royally it screwed up everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"