'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Angamb, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deaths Head II

Deaths Head II The Sequel

There still might be a chance they do a recast I guess, but ever since Singer came back instead of Vaughn and the old cast returning news started coming in I had a feeling this would be mostly an X4 instead of a FC2.

2. Mrs Vimes

Mrs Vimes Well-Known Member

That still does not explain the lack of X-Men in the 70s, from an internal point of view.

It can't be that 70s!Charles goes, oh wow I'm going to have visitors from the future soon to help me along, so why bother putting a team together.

3. Deaths Head II

Didn't Singer talk about how he was wary of going full blown with the time travel stuff and didn't want it to be exactly time traveling? I doubt anyone, much less several people, are going full body into the past if he's describing it like that. I imagine he's going to have Professor X do a mind transfer like Rachel did in the comics if not something close to that.

4. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

have to remember that singer had a pretty big part in making first class so to say the moment he takes over directing this film he drops first class characters for original trilogy ones is probably wrong.

And i believe it was singer who felt they could do a sequels to first class n the 70s and 80s

Im guessin he has a plan for this film.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  5. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

I think it was more along the lines of being wary of calling it time travel, rather referring to it as 'time displacement'. Which even then he seems hesitant about calling it that.

6. Deaths Head II

Well I doubt he's going to be so hesitant of calling it those things while still being willing to feature something that can be blatantly classified as time travel or time displacement.

7. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it's still a follow up to the characters in FC. Not saying ditching them will ruin the movie, just don't wanna see them replaced with a new group that will also only get one movie and zero screen time. Replacing one C list character with another isn't really the way to go imo. I'd rather they stick with the team they had. At least they have already had some development.

TBH I have more of a problem ditching Havok and Emma. They are pretty important character's to the X Men Universe, and if their roles in FC is all this franchise and Singer had planned for them then that sucks. They are worthy of more.

8. JP

JP Smelly

We knew exactly what characters weren't coming back when he posted a photo of the entire cast on twitter over a month ago. :dry:

9. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

6 Pics were missing no?

10. Lightning Strykez!

Lightning Strykez! Former Mod On Pension Pay

I think some of you guys are waaaaay over-thinking this one. Just keeping it real: Were any of you upset that X3's Jamie Madrox/Multiple Man hasn't been cast for this film? What about Juggs? Did we require an explanation for what happened to the President Of The United States in X2--was he impeached by time X3's new POTUS came into office or was he voted out? I mean, come on.

There are some characters that are basically "filler" and few folks really give a damn about. Now, if First Class had truly set Havok and Banshee as REAL front-and-center main characters I could see the uproar here. But it's not like this film is taking place the same week Moira couldn't remember s*** before the board of directors. :whatever:

To coin one of your phrases X-Maniac they were truly mutant wallpaper, nothing more.

11. JP

JP Smelly

I loved both, but I'm with LS!

12. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

But why supposedly remove Banshee and Havok and Emma, when that would've been the perfect opportunity to sneak those "announcements" in? What, were we too busy praising Singer for the "3 #Oscars, 6 #GoldenGlobes, 1 #BAFTA, 2 #Emmys, 2 #Tonys, 5 #Oliviers, 1 #Ceaser - Now let's blow s**t up! #XMEN" that it's once again time to complain?

13. Lightning Strykez!

Lightning Strykez! Former Mod On Pension Pay

Honestly? The ONLY A-list X-Men character really being dropped here is Emma Frost. She is the only character from that cast that actually has a huge fan following. And they've cleverly worked around it by putting a decade's passing between First Class and Days Of Future Past.

14. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Havok has a pretty strong fan base as well, and currently leads one of Marvel's highest selling series.

15. josh8

josh8 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't know why anyone is acting surprised that they're not in it.

But on an aside, that tweet doesn't mean that everything is revealed yet. Hopefully there are still a few surprises! I want Emma, but you make a good point that there would be no reason to not include a former cast member in that tweet pic.

16. josh8

josh8 Well-Known Member

He's always been around, but no writer has made him a star just yet. And the Avengers thing is a really new development.

17. DarknessOfDeath

DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

Has anyone been visiting the IMDB DOFP forums lately? There's a few threads about a possibility that Jean will return and how her role in The Wolverine fits... its interesting but I don't buy it because I don't want to be disappointed...

18. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Definitely. I'm not saying he's Cyclops level popularity or even Emma, but he has been a well respected character among X fans and more popular then a majority of other X-Men. Usually ranks in the top 20 on X Men character lists. Alot of fans on here wanted Polaris to see that relationship come into play. Thought there was some decent potential with that character in film.

Uncanny Avengers will only increase his popularity and character awareness. He's def getting some attention from the speech controversy.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  19. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

Inless there Is recasting both havok and Banshee are gone

It's safe to assume based on cast photos Bryan Singer unveiled on twitter there Is only 1 other key role that hasn't been announced.While beyond that any other roles would be secondary.Colossus,Blink and whoever Booboo Stewart Is playing are secondary roles.

It's very possable a reason for dropping so many first Class Is there could be a few characters sent back through time.

Based on twitter picture we could make this assumination

Major roles-Wolverine,Mystique,both versions of Xavier and Magneto,Beast,whoever Peter Dinklage Is playing
    Supporting roles-Storm,Kitty,Iceman,Rogue,whooever Omar Sy Is playing and a TBA character
    Secondary roles-Colossus,Blink,whoever Booboo stewart Is playing,and any addational roles

Obviously someone will be playing Nixon but Is that a supporting role or secondary character?

James Mcavoy's comment of him possibly sharing screen with Patrick Stewart Is possable clue that a few characters could be transported to past.And that would explain why only the major surviving first Class characters are In DOFP.

If time travel would simply be Xavier changing minds between first class and OT versions that leaves 1973 part of film kinda empty compared to future scnes with 8 returnees+most likely Blink.

That leaves for 1973 5 major characters,1 and possibly 2 supporting characters and at least 1 secondary character.

That leaves them having to use c list characters to fill background for 1973.Origins and Last Stand makes It hard to use Cyclops and jean.And I can Imagine the critism If they are simply In background.I just don't see them using Polaris due to her having same power as Magneto.

If Omar Sy Is playing Snych and Booboo stewart playing Suspot that still leaves a couple of X-Men needed to fill void If there Isn't time travel directly.

And If the 2 casts are being keep seperate there Is question how much screentime In future Is there going to be.

Is the split going to be
    a:1 hour In 1973 and 1 hour In future
    B:1 Hour and 20 minutes In 1973 and 40 minutes In future
    C:1 Hour and 30 minutes In 1973 and 30 Minutes In future

Plus another rambling Is some are convinced famke Janssen's cameo In The Wolverine Is prelude to her being In DOFP.

20. merbass

merbass Well-Known Member

Personally I would love Banshee and Havok to come back rather than Collosos. I don't see why they can't feature Havok and Banshee in small roles.

21. Electrix

Electrix Well-Known Member

Singer said all the characters will have a purpose. They obviously couldn't find anything for Banshee and Havok, so they've not included them. There's no point having characters back just for the sake of them being there, with 3 lines each.

22. Norek

Norek Yvonne Strahotski <3

Exactly what I was thinking.

23. Airwings

Airwings Waves of air

If it's true that Singer thinks Leech is one of the few good things about Ratners film, why wouldn't he try and shoehorn him in here?
    Just because you fans' opinion is that the character's story is over, or that he doesn't fit?

24. Norek

Norek Yvonne Strahotski <3

Just because he thinks he was good doesn't mean that he has a role for him in his story.

In my opinion Leech was one of the worst things in X3 though.

25. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

I don't really see the point in having Leech. It would be pointless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.