Days of Future Past X-Men: First Class - The Clips' Topic

McAvoy's really channeling Stewart... or is that because I've only ever heard him with a Scottish accent?

So is anyone else a tad bothered by the fact that Hank doesn't have ape like features before he becomes blue (longer arms, ape posture, larger appendages) or is everyone fine with just the ape feet? Just wondering because I always thought of Hank, at least from the original comics, as a brainy football player build guy, and kind of contrary to what you would expect from a guy with his looks.

Not saying I don't like the guy they got to play him, I do, just asking if this is one of the many changes that people are okay with.

So is anyone else a tad bothered by the fact that Hank doesn't have ape like features before he becomes blue (longer arms, ape posture, larger appendages) or is everyone fine with just the ape feet? Just wondering because I always thought of Hank, at least from the original comics, as a brainy football player build guy, and kind of contrary to what you would expect from a guy with his looks.

Not saying I don't like the guy they got to play him, I do, just asking if this is one of the many changes that people are okay with.
I'm fine with his build and everything, but as I mentioned earlier, I really think it would be nice to see if he did have ape-like hands to match his ape-like feet.

Last edited:
I'm find with his build and everything, but as I mentioned earlier, I really think it would be nice to see if he did have ape-like hands to match his ape-like feet.

Good, thought I was alone there. Yeah, I guess the writers thought that him looking more human to start off with would show a greater contrast to when he becomes blue/beast. Though, I disagree. I was hoping for a ape like appearance with massive forearms and calves, but at this point I will take what I can get. I've grown use to X-Men characters being watered down.

No I feel the same way. Also, the fact he was able to hide his mutation from the CIA also kind of weakens the concept of him not wanting to be a mutant so he can fit in with human society.

No I feel the same way. Also, the fact he was able to hide his mutation from the CIA also kind of weakens the concept of him not wanting to be a mutant so he can fit in with human society.

I'm avoiding all clips. Do you know for a fact that he's hiding his mutation from the CIA?

that clip was extremely cut up for release lol

still fine but you can tell it was edited

Lol, Xavier needs to learn some tact.

It's good that they are going back to the gay subtext, which is what was one of the big things lacking in The Last Stand.

Unless they decided to cut out a key part of the scene, I'd say that's not the complete run of the scene. I think that's obvious. But the part of the scene I'm talking about is where we get a closeup on his feet on the floor... unless that happens after he hangs from the model jet. Either way, it was a great to see that scene expanded and also to see a bit more what they're doing with Hank's character. :up:

Yeah, more often than not when a studio releases a scene from a film online, it's usually been edited.

These clips make me smile..... I think Im going to really like the portrayal of these characters.

As far as story, theme, and action I think this will be the best X-Men movie yet. *fingers crossed* Yeah, it's not "canon" but then again what is nowadays. Also, keep in mind they are trying to go after a newer audience without distancing themselves from fans of both the comics and original franchise. Think about it. How many "kids" today actually read comic books or grew up with them as anyone in their 20s-50s did? None, really.

Thats gonna be a good scene when shes sees him after the transformation.
I dont think Mystiques gonna be very into finding out they both have the color blue in common. Sucks for Hank.

Awesome.

And we haven't seen anything from the finale... yet.

I don't think they've released that much. Only what? Four actual clips? Plus everything else has been spread out in TV spots, it's hard to tell what happens when and with whom.

I don't think they've been as crazy as Thor. Now that movie released a TON of clips and stuff before it was even released.

That's true. There's still a ton to see. Plus the average viewer won't see every single piece of footage. I just need some restraint :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"