The Winter Soldier "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems Cap and Widow are together in almost every scene, and they seem pretty darn close. Is it possible that Natasha is Cap's love interest...? I know they didn't start out that way but after spending so much time together it could be a possibility. Thoughts on that? I'd like it, but it make make things a bit complicated for Avengers 2.

I'm thinking just friends, but friends who have a common close person from their past coming back. ... Though it must be hard for Chris/Cap to resist the Scarjo.... that's hard for anyone i think.

I'm thinking just friends, but friends who have a common close person from their past coming back. ... Though it must be hard for Chris/Cap to resist the Scarjo.... that's hard for anyone i think.

Chris and Scarjo are friends IRL, and have been together in a couple of films prior to Avengers; one was a rom-com. It definitely wouldn't be unprecedented for the two of them to hook up in this movie, although it would be unprecedented from the standpoint of comic-book canon.

Still, it's probably important to remember that Emily VanCamp *was* introduced as "the love interest" as Agent 13. We still don't know if she's officially Sharon Carter, or how much of a role she'll play (apparently she'll only be in soundstage scenes, because she's been completely AWOL on location), but for now, it's still a safe bet that she's Steve's new girl.

I still think a love triangle would be a nice add, though, with Widow playing bad girl in black and Sharon playing good girl in white, and force Steve to choose.

Chris and Scarjo are friends IRL, and have been together in a couple of films prior to Avengers; one was a rom-com. It definitely wouldn't be unprecedented for the two of them to hook up in this movie, although it would be unprecedented from the standpoint of comic-book canon.

Still, it's probably important to remember that Emily VanCamp *was* introduced as "the love interest" as Agent 13. We still don't know if she's officially Sharon Carter, or how much of a role she'll play (apparently she'll only be in soundstage scenes, because she's been completely AWOL on location), but for now, it's still a safe bet that she's Steve's new girl.

I still think a love triangle would be a nice add, though, with Widow playing bad girl in black and Sharon playing good girl in white, and force Steve to choose.

But that's an easy choice for Steve. :)

Also dont forget they might have Scarjo as such a prominent character in this specific movie with the intent of developing the known BW/Winter Soldier history/relationship. Now that there is a chance of Soviet involvement (red star on WSs arm)

If Widow's history is tied to Bucky in the MCU Canon as well, then that could be the reason why their stories are connected to each other, thus them being in many scenes with each other since they both have one close friend in common, albeit in different ways, that they want to save.

I think Steve and Natasha's partnerships may actually be one of those few partnerships where an man and an woman are just strictly platonic friends with no sense of sexual tension between them.lol

If Widow's history is tied to Bucky in the MCU Canon as well, then that could be the reason why their stories are connected to each other, thus them being in many scenes with each other since they both have one close friend in common, albeit in different ways, that they want to save.

I think Steve and Natasha's partnerships may actually be one of those few partnerships where an man and an woman are just strictly platonic friends with no sense of sexual tension between them.lol

That would definitely be a first.

I wonder who Natasha could hook up with in the MCU, though; she was definitely as "easy" as Tony Stark in the comics and went through men like Stark went through women. She has a relationship with Bucky, yeah, but she also had long relationships with Daredevil, Hawkeye and Hercules, and at least three of those four men are on the MCU roster. Guess it wouldn't make sense to start up a new one with Steve just for the sake of the two leads locking lips.

I don't get why people think Natasha is 'easy' in the comics. You even said in your post that she has had "long relationships" with the men you listed, and I don't know about Hercules but she was in love with Clint, Matt and Bucky. She wasn't just randomly sleeping around, nor 'going through men' every other month. I don't know where this reputation comes from that people like to saddle her with but I've seen a lot worse during my time reading X-Men and I don't hear any of those characters insulted this way nearly as much.

It's really She-Hulk who is the village bicycle of the Marvel Universe ;) .

OR they could be **** buddies, leading to the much-demanded Evans/Johannson 30-minute sex scene. I'm just sayin'...

I don't get why people think Natasha is 'easy' in the comics. You even said in your post that she has had "long relationships" with the men you listed, and I don't know about Hercules but she was in love with Clint, Matt and Bucky. She wasn't just randomly sleeping around, nor 'going through men' every other month. I don't know where this reputation comes from that people like to saddle her with but I've seen a lot worse during my time reading X-Men and I don't hear any of those characters insulted this way nearly as much.

Widow is always getting this rap, and like you don't understand it. Nobody calls Tony Stark a ****e despite his many partners, so none of the women in the Marvel Universe should be branded that way. It's just ridiculous. Natasha has been around for 50 years and survived countless writers, therefore she was bound to have several partners. It actually should not matter how long she's been around, she should be able to have a normal sex life without being attacked for it.

Frankly, virtually every Marvel character, male or female, has had a lot of traffic through their beds with the exception of Reed & Sue Richards. Since most of them can't get married, lest Quesada send Mephisto to break them up, and writers will always reshuffle relationships, it really should not be an issue.

Widow is always getting this rap, and like you don't understand it. Nobody calls Tony Stark a ****e despite his many partners, so none of the women in the Marvel Universe should be branded that way. It's just ridiculous. Natasha has been around for 50 years and survived countless writers, therefore she was bound to have several partners. It actually should not matter how long she's been around, she should be able to have a normal sex life without being attacked for it.

Frankly, virtually every Marvel character, male or female, has had a lot of traffic through their beds with the exception of Reed & Sue Richards. Since most of them can't get married, lest Quesada send Mephisto to break them up, and writers will always reshuffle relationships, it really should not be an issue.

Yep.

Natasha Romanoff has had about as many known sexual partners as Steve "Wholesome" Rogers. But she's a woman, so it's deemed as all she does.

A key that opens many locks is valuable. A door that's opened by many keys is not.

Widow is always getting this rap, and like you don't understand it. Nobody calls Tony Stark a ****e despite his many partners...

I do. :)

I think I alluded to that in my post above, too. I don't hold Tony (or men, period) to a double standard on promiscuity. Hell, Tony Stark is more of a ****-puppy than *any* female in the Marvel Universe.

What the **** does that even mean? A penis is better than a vagina?

It means that a man being able to sleep with a bunch of different women (doors), is really cool. but a woman who sleeps with a bunch of different men (keys) is dirty or lacks value. I don't know if he was just trying to be funny or not though.

It means that a man being able to sleep with a bunch of different women (doors), is really cool. but a woman who sleeps with a bunch of different men (keys) is dirty or lacks value. I don't know if he was just trying to be funny or not though.

The flaw in that logic being that women aren't locks and they aren't supposed to shun sex, seeing as they're as biologically wired to enjoy it as men are.

Noticed in the set pics Romanoff has straight hair

As in the comics :

Captain-America-and-Bucky624.jpg

Word, pretty much. I ain't judging characters, male or female, who have existed for half a century for hooking up with multiple partners. It's part of the creative cycle for the writers of comic books, tv shows, soaps, etc.

I really want Steve and Natasha to remain "bros" in this movie. I love that, up until this point, Natasha's not anyone's love interest. She's an Avenger who's there to kick ass and take names. However, if they do decide to go the Nat/Bucky route, I'm totally down with that, as that's comic canon and they've got one of the more successful romances in the Marvel U.

I would prefer BW not be a love interest; it is quite tiring having lead women in comic book films only as love interests.

Yeah, me too, though like I said, Bucky/Tasha wouldn't be kind of cool to see in the movie, or at least hinted to in the past. However she's been developed on film enough that she won't just come across as a love interest solely.

This is kind of a problem with Marvel in general, as they haven't yet invested in a female hero solo vehicle.

Then again, I do think all the Marvel women have been well developed outside of being love interests for the men.

http://www.**************.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=80895

Hey guys!

This is my first post here. I've been creeping on these boards for a long time, but I finally decided to sign up for two main reasons...both of which involving the Black Widow.

The first is that I think the Widow has the most potential at the moment to be the first financially and critically successfully lady superhero in her own solo movie. So my goal is to somehow create her own section in the boards and not just be a topic within each movie that she appears in.

Secondly I feel like this topic is moving a little slow compared to the amount of news we're getting on BW in this upcoming movie. I (attempted to) put a link above to a video of an aerial shot the Black Widow evading gunfire. We've seen a bunch of stills on here from this scene, but this video has the entire chase on video. You can see (around the 1:00 mark) her jump over the median, roll across the highway and onto a moving car.

Good stuff!

Welcome, but you're not allowed to post links to CBM on here.

So my goal is to somehow create her own section in the boards and not just be a topic within each movie that she appears in.
Sections are reserved for things like shows, films, and film franchises, not characters. When Black Widow gets her own solo movie, she'll get her own section as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"