The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go. Early comments and first impressions for these types of movies are always positive and exaggerated. The fanboys will run with it so hard.

My early comments and impressions from seeing TDKR two weeks early were positive and exaggerated, and yet, you ****ing love that movie.

"Just spoke to someone".....well there's reliable testimony :hehe:

My early comments and impressions from seeing TDKR two weeks early were positive and exaggerated, and yet, you ****ing love that movie.
And what's your point?

My point is that it doesn't matter if it's good or not, they're always so positive and exaggerated on twitter for early reviews. Fanboys run hard with this stuff and they'll go nuts if 10 people rant and rave that it's better than Man Of Steel or Nolans movies. Like it's gospel. It could be great but im not going to trust these people on twitter.

Even Green Lantern and ASM 2 had (the latter very much so) positive twitter reactions.

Oh yeah TASM 2 definitely did. I'll never forget that one guy who said it was The Dark Knight of the Spidey movies!

Don't forget Interstellar. The earlier twitter reactions made it out to be God's new gift to mankind. The critical reaction was vastly more tepid.

And so did The Avengers, Winter Soldier, GOTG, Deadpool, etc...

Batman & Robin had super positive buzz two weeks before its release. Mostly from my nipples.

And so did The Avengers, Winter Soldier, GOTG, Deadpool, etc...

You're missing the point that early positive buzz can and does happen for movies that are crap. That's why people are taking any initial positive reaction, especially from twitter, with a pinch of salt.

Batman & Robin had super positive buzz two weeks before its release. Mostly from my nipples.

:funny:

You're missing the point that early positive buzz can and does happen for movies that are crap. That's why people are taking any initial positive reaction, especially from twitter, with a pinch of salt.

I'm not missing the point. I know that's the point you're all trying to make. "Well, early positive buzz means nothing! The film can (and probably will) suck like these examples which had early positive buzz!"

My point was to remind people that some early positive buzz CAN be legitimate and/or line up with the actual buzz and quality of a film upon its release. It can and does happen for movies that are good, too...

I'm not missing the point. I know that's the point you're all trying to make. "Well, early positive buzz means nothing! The film can (and probably will) suck like these examples which had early positive buzz!"

My point was to remind people that some early positive buzz CAN be legitimate and/or line up with the actual buzz and quality of a film upon its release. It can and does happen for movies that are good, too...

We all know early positive buzz can be legitimate, too, but that wasn't the point. Too many times some of the weakest of the CBM genre, and movies in general, got positive buzz, and big claims of greatness (that TASM 2 one being the TDK of Spider-Man will forever be etched in my memory).

That's why people are not taking it at face value. It's too unreliable at this early stage. You pointing out that some great movies have had it, too, is redundant and beside the point. Nobody is writing the movie off, just not taking any early positiveness at face value for the aforementioned reasons.

We all know early positive buzz can be legitimate, too, but that wasn't the point. Too many times some of the weakest of the CBM genre, and movies in general, got positive buzz, and big claims of greatness (that TASM 2 one being the TDK of Spider-Man will forever be etched in my memory).

That's why people are not taking it at face value. It's too unreliable at this early stage. You pointing out that some great movies have had it, too, is redundant and beside the point.

Everyone who posts in this thread has been here for 5 years or longers. We all know early positive buzz can be illegitimate, too, as it has happened several times before for films that we all remember. Does that mean I should call your comments redundant or unnecessary?

I never said people should take these comments at face value or trust them completely. I've certainly learned never to do that when it comes to these things. But either way, forgive me for offering a tiny sliver of potential positivity and providing examples OTHER than the worse-case-scenarios.

Nobody said it can't be legitimate good praise for a good film. Jesus.

Rises was "the godfather part 2 of the genre!". Folks just get excited when they see something early. And sometimes a first impression is not reliable when you're that excited, watching the film with a great vibe around you. Excited people in the crowd, you got the butterflies in your stomach or even the other way around where you have people walking in with zero expectations because they hated the last movie from the director and then they walk out with the biggest smile on their face.

That's why im going into this movie with a clear head. Not too excited but looking forward to seeing Batman, and VERY skeptical on the execution and where the story is going to go. If i enjoyed it enough, ill watch it for a second time later that week and give a better review.

The Dark Knight (not Rises) was and is The Godfather Part II of the genre.

Everyone who posts in this thread has been here for 5 years or longers. We all know early positive buzz can be illegitimate, too, as it has happened several times before for films that we all remember. Does that mean I should call your comments redundant or unnecessary?

No, because people are simply responding to a current situation regarding a handful of tweets, and rightfully saying they are not putting any stock in them at this early stage.

My comments were in response to you raising the positive buzz for the good movies, which was not the point people were making.

I never said people should take these comments at face value or trust them completely. I've certainly learned never to do that when it comes to these things. But either way, forgive me for offering a tiny sliver of potential positivity and providing examples OTHER than the worse-case-scenarios.

But nobody was talking worst case scenarios. Nobody was writing the movie off. Nobody said these were definitely false. Just that early positive buzz is often untrustworthy so they're not taking these at face value.

I barely look at Rotten Tomatoes anymore. I dont care if 1000 people say it's the best batman movie ever. Only God Forgives got the worst reaction at Cannes for example, and i absolutely understand the criticisms. It's not a masterpiece. But i still love the movie, i get it, and i find more things to enjoy/understand the more i watch it. So i can't trust a single review, friend or stranger. Reliable critic or unreliable. I have my own taste. My original point i guess was that people are sheep and they hear good stuff, so they jump on it without thought. Without even seeing the movie!

This mentality: "look at how many people love this movie! holy s**t it must be phenomenal. Oh boy, they said it's better than MOS..10 times the quality! It's better than Nolans? Well that's what i thought, awesome. This movie is gonna be AMAZING. Told you it was going to be better than Nolans trilogy!"

Not saying this is happening atm, i wouldn't know, but i can see it in the other thread. Especially if the buzz continues in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
No, because people are simply responding to a current situation regarding a handful of tweets, and rightfully saying they are not putting any stock in them at this early stage.

My comments were in response to you raising the the positive buzz for the good movies, which was not the point people were making.

I'm aware that was not the point people were making. It is the point that I was making, simply implying that it's possible for early positive buzz to be real, which was also responding to the current situation regarding the tweets. I'm sorry if this upset you or you felt I was wrong for even mentioning the other potential side of the coin when it comes to early buzz?

But nobody was talking worst case scenarios. Nobody was writing the movie off. Nobody said these were definitely false. Just that early positive buzz is often untrustworthy so they're not taking these at face value.

Well, yes, there was talk of what I'd consider worst case scenarios.

Regarding the current discussion, films like TASM2 and Green Lantern having positive early buzz and then being ******, awful films is something I'd consider a "worst case scenario" for BvS. Would you not? Whereas films like GOTG, Deadpool, or TWS, which had early positive buzz and wound up actually being solid, great films, would be more in line with the possible "best case scenario" for BvS.

I didn't say anyone was writing the film off. I didn't say anyone said these early reactions are false. Again, forgive me for even dwelling on a more positive potential outcome in regards to this "early buzz".

Snyder, Cavill, Doomsday are the three reasons why i roll my eyes at that "better than Nolan" tweet. I don't have faith in those three. I want the rest to blow my socks off, but there's no way Zack shows more subtlety in the final act compared to the final act of MoS. But maybe it fits this time? I would f'n LOVE to show up here that weekend and a give a huge APPLAUSE gif to Mr. Snyder for his efforts.

Even if i don't like it, what if the director's cut is way better? When's that out? June?

Regardless, at least we know BvS is better than Nolan's trilogy.

My biggest concern at this point is the Doomsday stuff not gelling with the rest of the film.

I'm aware that was not the point people were making. It is the point that I was making, simply implying that it's possible for early positive buzz to be real, which was also responding to the current situation regarding the tweets. I'm sorry if this upset you or you felt I was wrong for even mentioning the other potential side of the coin when it comes to early buzz?

I know why you were doing it, you've said so already. Again the point is you were stating the obvious, and making an irrelevant point.

You know you didn't upset me, so no need to act as if you did. If anything you are the one who seemed to get irked by Shauner raising this point in the first place by telling him he "f***ing loved" TDKR.

Well, yes, there was talk of what I'd consider worst case scenarios.

Regarding the current discussion, films like TASM2 and Green Lantern having positive early buzz and then being ******, awful films is something I'd consider a "worst case scenario" for BvS. Would you not? Whereas films like GOTG, Deadpool, or TWS, which had early positive buzz and wound up actually being solid, great films, would be more in line with the possible "best case scenario" for BvS.

That's not worse case scenario discussions. That's just discussions of examples where bad movies got early positive buzz, which is why we are wary of it here. Nobody said that's what was likely or definitely going on with BvsS. That's a worse case scenario discussion.

I didn't say anyone was writing the film off. I didn't say anyone said these early reactions are false. Again, forgive me for even dwelling on a more positive potential outcome in regards to this "early buzz".

You said people were discussing worse case scenarios. A worse case scenario discussion would be people thinking the early buzz is definitely false and the movie is going to suck.

Regardless, at least we know BvS is better than Nolan's trilogy.

If you can't trust 'someone', who can you trust.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back