The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never watched a David Lynch movie.

There Will Be Blood is good, but I don't think it's good enough to top movies like 12 Years a Slave, Mad Max: Fury Road , or The Social Network.
I do. I'd say it's a better film than all three. Especially Social Network which i find incredibly overrated. Fincher's been overrated for YEARS.

There Will Be Blood is a classic, and only behind Boogie Nights as far as PTA is concerned.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind should've been number 2.

Looking at this list...

Mulholland Drive is one of my favorite films of the last 16 years but i wouldn't put it at number 1.

Boyhood, another overrated film even though i liked it.

Holy Motors was pure garbage. Utter nonsense.

Requiem For A Dream is way too low. But it's a damn good list overall.

Lost In Translation might be my favourite.

I never watched a David Lynch movie.
Start with Blue Velvet.

Not to nitpick- cause this is an amazing movie.

I don't like how Bane is sympathic character in the end. He's the guy who risked his life to save a helpless girl. The same girl who was tragically separated from her father and placed in the pit of despair. Babe was such a bad ass in the movie. He's dialog is amazing. He's look is badass. I wish they left that twist off at the end.

Isn't that a bit one dimensional though? I thought it made him more human in the end.

The lack of Osito in the final film is a crushing indictment against the film. He should've held baby Talia on one hand while Osito on the next.

I do. I'd say it's a better film than all three. Especially Social Network which i find incredibly overrated. Fincher's been overrated for YEARS.
I think Se7en, Fight Club, and The Social Network to be joys to watch.
I also like Alien 3.

Start with Blue Velvet.
the only one of his movies I'm interested in is Dune.

Isn't that a bit one dimensional though? I thought it made him more human in the end.

Joker was one deminsional (there were some powerful moments of him talking about his dad and exwife though and who knows what would of happen in DKR if Joker was in it, so maybe his story was incomplete). I guess you're right. Mr Freeze has Nora and he's still a legit badass. To me - Bane is a killer.

I just never expected to see that side of Bane. Cause Batman laid the hammer on him "WHERE IS IT! THEN YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO DIE!" Then we get into the backstory of Bane for a twist, and dude sheds a tear. I was like awww. Tragic Bane, who tried to blow Gotham off the map.

Last edited:
I think Se7en, Fight Club, and The Social Network to be joys to watch.
I also like Alien 3.

the only one of his movies I'm interested in is Dune.
Se7en, Fight Club and maybe Zodiac for me. Not really a Social Network fan but that has a lot to do with Eisenberg. Sorkin's dialogue can be exhausting too sometimes. I don't remember Alien 3 to be very good.

Dune is probably Lynch's weakest and he hates that film for many reasons.

Joker was one deminsional (there were some powerful moments of him talking about his dad and exwife though and who knows what would of happen in DKR if Joker was in it, so maybe his story was incomplete). I guess you're right. Mr Freeze has Nora and he's still a legit badass. To me - Bane is a killer.

I just never expected to see that side of Bane. Cause Batman laid the hammer on him "WHERE IS IT! THEN YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO DIE!" Then we get into the backstory of Bane for a twist, and dude sheds a tear. I was like awww. Tragic Bane, who tried to blow Gotham off the map.
Bane has always been a tragic character though. And I don't think Joker is one dimensional. Just very mysterious. Also that story about his father or ex are probably made up.

Resposting this in case this got missed in the previous thread.

[YT]DHIbg1CS-jk[/YT]

Silly, but fun. Makes me nostalgic for the 90s when post-movie raps summing up the plot of the movie you just watched were a totally normal thing. :yay:

Se7en, Fight Club and maybe Zodiac for me. Not really a Social Network fan but that has a lot to do with Eisenberg. Sorkin's dialogue can be exhausting too sometimes. I don't remember Alien 3 to be very good.
Alien 3's reputation is not good, but I liked it when I saw it.

I love Mulholland Drive. I am surprised it came first though. I must re-watch it soon.

Last edited:
Repost from the previous thread

Which movies won the #fav7films hashtag on Twitter? We found out.

"LOS ANGELES — It kicked off early in the morning, quickly climbed to the top of U.S. trending topics and had serious legs: The hashtag #fav7films dominated Twitter on Monday as users in the tens of thousands — from regular Janes and Joes to the top film critics — listed their seven favorite movies of all time.

The winner, in a squeaker: The Dark Knight.

Christopher Nolan's batsterpiece was mentioned 5,056 times between 5 a.m. and 7 p.m. ET on Monday, more than any film, according to social media research film and digital media consultancy Fizziology, which says the hashtag was used nearly 100,000 times during that span.

Mashable asked our friends at the firm — an official Twitter partner that's been providing social-listening intel to Hollywood studios for several years now — to dig into the trend to see what they could find.

The top 15
1. The Dark Knight: 5,056
2. Pulp Fiction: 4,966
3. Shawshank Redemption: 4,910
4. Empire Strikes Back: 4,772
5. The Godfather* (all films): 4,604
6. Goodfellas: 3,877
7. Alien* (all films): 3,730
8. Fight Club: 3,574
9. Harry Potter* (all films): 2,757
10. Jaws*: 2,622
11. Forrest Gump*: 2,530
12. Jurassic Park*: 2,356
13. Blade Runner: 1,862
14. The Big Lebowski: 1,860
15 Rocky* (all films): 1,807

*With films like Godfather, Harry Potter and Alien, people were more likely to group the films together, or not specify a certain favorite in the franchise. But with the Star Wars films, people specifically called out Empire Strikes Back.

Curious trends

Casablanca was the most cited movie before 1970

Space Jam was mentioned on more top 7 lists than Annie Hall

Suicide Squad saw more mentions than The Force Awakens

The top animated film was Up

Finding Nemo was on 3x more lists than Finding Dory

The Room (not Room), a cult hit for being perhaps the worst movie ever, saw more mentions than Oscar winners A Beautiful Mind, Spotlight and 12 Years a Slave."

Still doesn't beat this... :o

Oh man, haha. Both Schumacher movies had great soundtracks, but this song was and is a big ol' POS. Definitely gets a few "so bad it's good" points though, like the movie itself. :funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"