You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 7

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by Thread Manager, Feb 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackWhite Third Man

That scene was pure win.

2. Spider-Aziz Farewell, Silver Perm Friend

I see what you're getting at, and you're right, that's why I feel CW is the closest we got to another TDK, unfortunately it didn't hit as high as TDK did.

And less of Aquaman acting like a teenager from a 90s movie or sitcom.

3. Ivan Drago Do Not Want

I actually liked what we saw of Aquamen in the Justice League trailer. Looks like he has more charisma than Cavill and Gadot combined.

4. shauner111 Registered

I agree. But you mean Lobo right?

5. Spider-Aziz Farewell, Silver Perm Friend

He appears to be the opposite of stiff; too goofy.

I mean... whoever Momoa plays.

6. Smilodon Registered

Nolan knew how to keep things light and moving. Every chase scene in trilogy also had a bunch of slack-jawed, incredulous cops gawking at the fact that a tank had appeared out of nowhere flying between buildings and shooting missiles.

7. Tacit Ronin Registered

Guys, why is the conventional wisdom about visuals is that Snyder is superior to Nolan? His last film, Interstellar, mops the floor with any Snyder film in terms of sheer beauty. His new film, Dunkirk, seems to be filled with arresting shots too.

Whatever gap they've had visually has fast been closing.

8. Spider-Aziz Farewell, Silver Perm Friend

It's the turn for the epic conclusion on Christopher Nolan's trilogy; The Dark Knight Rises:

That airplane stunt is a dangerous risk. I can't believe what I heard about that being a real stunt.

Selina's stunt is funny.

Is the senator that same guy who was with Selina that every cop in the city is looking for?

No, nonono, nope. No one mentioned the name Bane before Gordon jumped into the water, and no one mentioned it after, not that he could hear it anyway.

First half hour is pretty fast paced.

The "I share a connection, I know what it feels like, that's how I figured you out" is... actually more credible than what we made fun of.

9. Shikamaru Registered

There was also the conventional wisdom Snyder would be superior to Nolan in bringing "comic book Batman" to film. I don't think I've ever seen a notion die out as fast after just one film.

10. The Chris TDK Trilogy Forever!

I never liked him as much as Nolan in anything, including visuals. It's a personal taste thing and everyone has their own but I am a big fan of being as real as possible. Making me feel like everything that is happening in front of me is truly happening, with true mood and beautiful images that serve the film itself. Being more dependant on Lighting, sets and compositions, and with those in particular i have always taken to guys like Nolan, Fincher, and Boyle as opposed to a Snyder. Then you add in what Nolan has done with IMAX and what Fincher and Boyle have done for digital photography. Watching the Justice League trailer i finally realized that I'm bored with what Snyder is bringing visually. Hell i love the cinematography in Game of Thrones and yet the look of justice league disappoints me so far. Even things that are supposed to be outside look artificial.

11. Kahran Ramsus Super Moderator

Inception blows apart anything Snyder's ever done.

12. Tacit Ronin Registered

Just compare the jupiter shots of MOS and Interstellar to see the "distance" between them, visually.

13. Spider-Aziz Farewell, Silver Perm Friend

I think they forgot that Bruce bought at least one hotel separate from Wayne Enterprise, he should still have some money left instead of having his car towed and property booked on.
    This world has positions handed without proper paper work shown, I can believe he did buy other property not attached to his family company.

14. Ivan Drago Do Not Want

Does anyone feel like Steppenwolf might be another dud villain for the DCEU?

They haven't shown him in the trailers, and while you could argue their trying to keep him under wraps, if he was a good villain, they probably would shown him in the trailer.

Plus he's such a bizarre choice as the main villain, he's barely a D lister. He's pretty much a servant of Darkseid.

It would be like making this guy the main villain of an Avengers movie
    [​IMG]

#964 Ivan Drago, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  15. Spider-Aziz Farewell, Silver Perm Friend

That underground fight is fantastic.

Where is this "home" for Bane? I still don't know its location.

Oh hey, Bellek from Prison Break is the warden in the correctional facility where Catwoman is trapped, that makes him the second actor from that show to appear in this trilogy.
    The first is William Fitchner, the mob bank manager, he played FBI agent Mahone in season 2.
    I have zero doubts that this is what it will be like.

16. shauner111 Registered

Steppenwolf will be CG right? What the hell are they thinking? Unless Darkseid is the villain all along? If this bombs, nobody will see Darkseid in the next installment. That would be embarrassing. Even though I'm sure it will make BvS money at least and get a sequel. Maybe this is all a blessing. If this leads to a George Miller Justice League with an awesome Darkseid and better versions of Superman, Batman etc..

#966 shauner111, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  17. BaelaTargaryen Registered

There is that speculation on JL boards that Steppenwolf is in this movie instead of Darkseid because the most dangerous "villain" in the movie will be mind-controlled Superman (sort of a Winter Soldier situation). Lois will help him to snap from this and that's why Flash called her the key.

18. Spider-Aziz Farewell, Silver Perm Friend

Man, that John Blake guy took lessons from Christie's school of ricochet bullets, that shooter from Alien: Resurrection mastered ricochet bullets without the assist of a visor like Deadshot uses.

19. Tacit Ronin Registered

Lois is gonna punched out repeatedly?

20. shauner111 Registered

I don't mind that on paper. But i know what to expect with that, coming from Snyder. Evil Superman fighting the League is going to be exhausting to look at. And it means that Cavill is going to give that constipated look for his entire screen time. Until the end where he doesn't say much but gives Lois a smile when he snaps out of it. And then some cheesy one liner probably. Batman's going to shake Superman's hand, welcoming him back after they all tried to kill him (and vice versa). Big hugs...good times...and then OH NO WAIT...IT'S NOT DONE YET! Cue Luthor standing on a sidewalk "DING! DING! DING! BUT THE BELL WAS RUNG REMEMBER BATMAN!? THE REAL VILLAIN IS COMING NEXT EPISODE!". End credits.

Save this post, because if Superman is really the main villain that Darkseid or Steppenwolf controls...then this is how it's all going to go down :) . Mark my words. Can you imagine if the battle with those parademons from the trailer was for the second act. Third act Superman taking on the Justice League? Steppenwolf gets burnt to a crisp. Thanks Supes. And that makes Darkseid angry.

21. Tacit Ronin Registered

It would be hilarious if what makes him snap back is MARTHA.

22. shauner111 Registered

You want better writing? Stud Muffin Momoa picks up Lois while Supes is believed to be dead. She thinks his abs are out of control. They're an item. Evil Superman puts Aquamoa's trident up to his throat. He's ready to spear him dead...

AQUAMAN YELLS OUT LOIS' NAME! Plot twist mother f's! SAAAAVE LOISS!!!!
    Superman: "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME!??" *constipated look turns to confusion* Lois Lane jumps in. "CLARK! IT'S ME!"

All the BvS fans will flip. FULL CIRCLE BROS!

23. Spider-Aziz Farewell, Silver Perm Friend

How long did it take for Batman to draw that logo? He came to Gotham less than 19 hours before the explosive detonation time.

Cops run straight to tear gas they tossed without face protection.
    :shock

24. titansupes Registered

On the Nolan visuals trumping Snyder's-- Everyday of the week. :up::up:

25. Spider-Aziz Farewell, Silver Perm Friend

He's easily better with colors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.