You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 7

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by Thread Manager, Feb 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BatLobster Trailer Timewarper

Honestly, I just find myself caring less and less about this genre with each passing day. It's really run its course, IMO. I'm not saying it should (or could) go away forever, but it needs a few years off to recharge its batteries. Problem is we all still compulsively go out and see these movies because they've become such a ubiquitous part of our pop culture, so Hollywood has no choice but to keep churning them out. I've been slowly waning myself off (still haven't seen Doctor Strange, skipped Apocalypse in theaters...recently watched the first half on HBO though- WOW is it terrible).

Logan was a nice exception to the rule, but if I'm brutally honest I really don't care much about Homecoming OR Justice League, and the trailers did nothing to change that. I totally agree with Shika that Civil War seemed better at first than it probably was, and I've had no desire to go rewatch it because like most Marvel films, it has little lasting emotional impact. I'm still rooting for Wonder Woman because the character deserves something iconic (that's probably asking for too much but we'll see). The Guardians 2 trailers didn't even do much for me, it feels like all the novelty is gone and it did nothing to sell me on the story. I really don't know if it's just me becoming a jaded old grump, or if these movies just aren't cutting the mustard anymore, but I can't ignore the overwhelming sense of MEH I feel towards all of it. It's been that way for a while, but this latest crop of trailers really have taken it to a new level to where I'm starting to consider putting my money where my mouth is and skipping all of these movies.

#1001 BatLobster, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  2. shauner111 Registered

Dude I'm right there with you. I loved Logan and I'll see Deadpool 2 and Guardians 2 because I had such a good time with the first installments. But the Guardians trailers don't show the story at all and I'm worried it's going to be a repeat of the first, just with baby groot and Kurt Russell tossed in there. Same with Deadpool.

I don't care about Ragnarok, Homecoming, Justice League, another Dr Strange movie, Aquaman, Shazam, Green Lantern, new X-Men movies or Wonder Woman (thanks to Gadot and Snyder producing).

I'm interested in Matt Reeves directing Batman. I'm interested in Ryan Coogler directing Black Panther. But that's about it at this point.

Unless Marvel/Sony can create an awesome one-two punch with s Spidey vs Venom, and then Carnage set of films...I don't think I'll give a damn about the future of the MCU. Even Avengers 3 and 4 gives me a bad feeling, like they're going to be a HUGE mess, with a laughable villain in both movies.

So maybe I'm jaded too.

3. Thread Manager Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread [split]526985[/split]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.