You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 7

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by Thread Manager, Feb 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansupes Registered

True and hilarious considering he's actually somewhat colour blind.

2. shauner111 Registered

I was gonna make that joke in the JL thread. Dude's color blind and he gets more color than Snyder.

3. DACrowe Registered

I agree with a lot of this. Although, I would say the first Avengers resonates because of its novelty factor, which gives it a cinematic individuality. I also quite like Guardians.

But many of the Marvel Studios films I've always found highly disposable. Although, I am not sure The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is anymore memorable. Stone and Garfield on the other hand had real heat.

4. titansupes Registered

Although I appreciate the MCU a whole lot as a universe, in terms of individual movies the only ones I like/love are CW, TWS and TA (the latter I flip flop on sometimes as "a great event, but not a great movie").

5. shauner111 Registered

For me, it's Civil War, Winter Soldier and occasionally I'll throw Guardians in there. I liked Iron Man more than Avengers but it's still forgettable popcorn to me. Guardians is pure popcorn but I felt like it was at least trying to be fresh.

I have a bad feeling about Homecoming.

6. Ivan Drago Do Not Want

I think Homecoming will be a mid-tier MCU movie.

7. Zen Machine Registered

It's gonna be interest to see what they do that hasn't already been done in other SM movies. Judging just by the trailer, i don't see anything that different.

8. Awest66 Registered

Don't agree at all.

The Peter/Gwen stuff was not only extremely syrupy, It didn't really build to any actual point or tell us anything new about those characters.

The Peter/Harry "friendship" was rushed and hollow, not helped by how badly they bungled Harry, the Osborn's and Harry's reasons for hating Spider-Man.

The death of Gwen Stacy on top of completely missing the point of the original story was undermined by that stupid ending with the Rhino.

9. BatmanBeyond Shadow On The Run

I keep thinking how perfect Bale was for Nolan's take/vision, given the fact he can emote so well and evoke so many different nuances through his performance, sometimes just through facial expressions.

Affleck's fine, he's got the look down, but I can't really connect with his performance on an emotional level - that's partly down to the movie he's been in and partly down to his range.

For me it's Iron Man, Winter Soldier and The Incredible Hulk (yeah, I said it), I just loved Norton in the role. I enjoy the rest of the MCU, but not many of the movies particularly stay with you, except Avengers, Guardians and Civil War; and even the latter three stayed with me more because of the "event" nature of them instead of because of what they say. I do think that Black Panther's arch in Civil War is some of the best MCU writing we've had so far. It resonated with me on an emotional level like nothing in these movies since TIH and Iron Man.

#984 BatmanBeyond, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  10. Spider-Aziz Farewell, Silver Perm Friend

[​IMG]

11. shauner111 Registered

Norton was so wrong for that role. Still think that movie sucks.

12. shauner111 Registered

Well, Spider-Man: Homecoming looks awful. Ugh. Bad jokes, same old crap, obvious green screen in those scenes with Tony. Terrible CGI not unlike the Justice League trailer (yet this one comes out in July not November). Cliche villain (poor Keaton). Too much relying on Iron Man to help and inspire Spidey.

Just terrible. Might skip in theaters, depending on word of mouth that month.

13. Greens I am Danny DeVito

I don't think it looks TERRIBLE but it's not very exciting. They spoiled the boat sequence too.

14. Spider-Aziz Farewell, Silver Perm Friend

I want to know what he said falling in the pool.

15. Ivan Drago Do Not Want

Homecoming really doesn't look interesting. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because I thought the trailer looked kind of bad?

Maybe I've just turned into a jaded basta.

#990 Ivan Drago, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  16. Tacit Ronin Registered

What happened to the wonderful practical suit from trailer 1? Looks like they took the CW route and clothed CGI over it. Disappointing.

17. JackWhite Third Man

Pretty much how I feel. I didn't think it looked bad, but just not very interesting. Maybe the final product will surprise us?

18. shauner111 Registered

It looks awful, you're not alone Ivan.

19. titansupes Registered

Yeah, I'm not too impressed at all. Fingers crossed, though.

20. Chip Chipperson the big guy

None of the marvel cinematic universe trailers have really wowed me and I like/love most of those movies

the BvS comic con trailer floored me and I left the theater as underwhelmed as I could possibly be.

21. Brother Jack The Penitent Man

The trailer was weak. Practically spoiled the entire plot. I still think the movie could turn out well.

22. A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

I do wonder if Steppenwolf will look a dried piece of LOTR-Poop hybrid.

23. Spider-Aziz Farewell, Silver Perm Friend

I'm not impressed by plenty of things in it.

24. A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

I wish they'd hurry up and release the damn IT trailer. :argh:

25. shauner111 Registered

I liked Spideys trailer more than Justice Leagues because of the colour. But with all due respect, I have to seriously question anyone who's going to defend that trailer over JL in the CGI, green screen department. I mean humor is subjective, I personally didn't laugh at both trailers but if you did, fine. But come on. It looks just as much like a video game. I can't get over the fake background when Stark is talking to Peter outside. Facepalm right there. That bridge scene looks awful and like every other Spidey movie where he has to hold onto two sides of....whatever...lol no imagination..

Not only that Keaton's Vulture looks and feels generic as hell.

Not saying the movie won't be good, but it's a bad trailer. And the video gamey look just turned me off right away. Especially so soon after that JL trailer.

I hope the Venom movie works so we can see something with more stakes in a Spider-Man movie. Something more vicious. Maybe some new ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.