The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
This shared universe trend is the worst. Can't wait for it to end.

You're gonna be waiting a while.

I definitely understand the fatigue. It's gotten to the point that it feels almost like work to go out and see every single one of these things in the theater, especially when a lot of them are nearly interchangeable and/or otherwise just not very good. But then I'll see a film like Logan or watch a show like Legion and remember that these kinds of stories can be so compelling when done properly. So yeah, you gotta taken them case by case. Individual pieces.

The one in his signature.

:hehe:

The guy's absolute nuts isn't he? He's probably the craziest fan I've ever seen, and the scary thing is he's not faking it. He actually believes/means what he says.

:hehe:

The guy's absolute nuts isn't he? He's probably the craziest fan I've ever seen, and the scary thing is he's not faking it. He actually believes/means what he says.
First video I saw is him taking the 'BvS is too smart for Marvel fans' review to heart, at first I thought he'd end his video with "LOL, NO", then I saw more..

I won't be subscribing to his channel.

I'm sure some fans of marvel and DC only watch superhero movies and think they're some of the most well written, intelligent films ever made. Some ppl just live in a bubble. Like these DCEU fans who think people don't get it. Maybe some people don't understand the logic of a scene, not because it's too smart for them to understand, but because it makes no goddamn sense from a creative persons point of view. Sometimes 1 + 1 = 3 just doesn't add up lol, and it's as simple as that.

I'm sure the MCU have their weirdo defenders too. I dont go to that side of the forum because I always have this vision of certain posters defending every single film based on their rotten tomatoes score, or how much money it makes. I remember a time when it was kinda like that. Are people more balanced now?

All hail the Batman cinematic universe!

Joss da Boss baby

Diehards trashing his avenger films be like

kanyesmile.gif

The ironic thing is DCEU fans were bashing Whedon during the 2015-2016 year, but they'll probably be on his dick now that he's doing a DCEU movie.

They better get ready for all the quips and humor, the two things they fear the most.

Last edited:
I think we will see a 180 from the hardcore DCEU fans who hated on Whedon and his humor now he is doing a DCEU movie.

I'd like to take this moment to summon batfreakforever, so he'd kindly share his thought with us.

I also wonder about the thoughts of Ivan's current hype crush, but I wouldn't be against her sharing them elsewhere.

I'd like to take this moment to summon batfreakforever, so he'd kindly share his thought with us.

I also wonder about the thoughts of Ivan's current hype crush, but I wouldn't be against her sharing them elsewhere.

everything is going his way, he couldn't be happier!

At the moment, there is a good number of them expressing their dismay, and they wanted Nicolas Winding Refn instead.

Still waiting for the reaction of xmdcfuture comicszone.

I could use a laugh today.

i'm personally not a fan of Whedon. But he might be right for this kind of project. The casting is very important. I imagine she'll be in Gotham City Sirens first.

I bet the reaction will be something like the Republicans who bashed Trump suddenly being fine with him once he won.

"At least DCEU isn't someone like crooked Marvel and their Disney paychecks."

Prediction time:

Reeves wanted to tell a story where Bruce tries to make amends with his bat-family (Dick, Barbara) and get over the guilt of Jason's death.

Maybe the original script didn't have enough of that, instead more of some plot involving Deathstroke.

Family, friendships, acceptance seem to be a Matt Reeves thing.

Last edited:
Love that idea for Reeves' Batman. Also love the idea of a Batgirl movie done by Whedon. Even if the DCEU is just becoming an extended Batman universe, at least it is starting to look more hopeful. The Snyderverse Justice League version of it is kind of depressing.

I bet the reaction will be something like the Republicans who bashed Trump suddenly being fine with him once he won.

Or those who were screaming to lock Hillary up because she was under FBI investigation for mismanaging classified information, are now as quiet as mice about FBI investigations (for potential treason), the fact that Donald Trump and members of his inner circle continue to use private servers, and that Trump is using the presidency to enrich himself by encouraging foreign dignitaries to stay in his hotel down the street from the White House while attempting to curry his favor.

Funny how that is.

If WB doesn't try and hijack the film; then Batgirl should be a success.

Maybe there is light at the end of the (Snyder) tunnel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"