You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 4

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by Thread Manager, Jul 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]513293[/split]

2. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]511725[/split]

3. Brother Jack

Brother Jack Believer

The blood on the wall really makes all the difference. It wasn't in the theatrical cut. The fact that the scene takes place right after the Martha moment, when Bruce is supposed to have regained his respect for human life, is dumb. It leads me to believe that this Batman has always killed. Only the branding is held up as the evidence of him going darker. His lethality beyond that is never called into question.

Behold, a new thread has come.

4. The Chris

The Chris TDK Trilogy Forever!

And did he shank that guy on the wall?

5. Greens

Greens I am Danny DeVito

He ate him.

6. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Not the Voice You Know

That''s why it's a minimal chance, he may have been lucky.
    But why do I care that much? It's not like they will stupidly address this in the sequel or a future movie and say "Batman, you are wanted for killing a mercenary in Metropolis using a heavy crate in your attempt to save a random woman from Kansas abducted by orders of Alexander Luthor, his blood stain on the walls shows your grappling hook print, you have a lot to answer for mister."

:oldrazz:

7. shauner111

shauner111 Registered

Wow, i didn't even catch that while watching the UC. That's pretty brutal.

Holy s**t Spider-Aziz, i just noticed that you have 54, 762 posts in 6 years. How is that even possible? You're a beast.

8. I Am The Knight

I Am The Knight Tonight's a good night.

Spider-Aziz is a beast, but not because of his post count :oldrazz:

9. Spider-Aziz

I'm nuts. :oldrazz:

My body is a hairy one.
    All I need is amazing agility, great stamina, and enough strength to not tire or fall.

10. The Batman

The Batman The Dark Knight

It's a sad day when I can't even get hyped for a freaking Justice League trailer.

11. I Am The Knight

I Am The Knight Tonight's a good night.

I'm really excited for Wonder Woman.

12. Brother Jack

Brother Jack Believer

They look pretty cool. But for JL at least I can't really get excited. It is still a Zack Snyder movie after all.

13. Spider-Aziz

The final result could at least be entertaining, which would make it a massive improvement over Butt vs $#%^.

14. JackWhite

JackWhite Third Man

Yeah, I've watched the trailer twice and felt absolutely nothing. Even the BvS trailers had me intrigued. If JL has the same reception upon release as BvS, I will probably skip it altogether and wait until the DVD is released.

15. AnneFan

AnneFan Hathaway #1

Both trailers were great. I'll be enjoying myself in those boards.

16. titansupes

titansupes Registered

I really loved both. Had big stupid grins on my face for them, and the group pic. With JL... Yeah, I can't quite get as excited as I was for say, MoS... That was the one that really gut-punched me and I haven't gotten over it since. And with BvS, literally only the cast photos and the SDCC'15 trailer got me excited (hated the other two trailers).

So like most, I'll still have the whole "Still, it's Snyder..." thing going through my head. Since they're really obviously taking just about every fan criticism into account this time, though... I guess I just going to roll with it, enjoy the ride and hope for the best.

17. Slade W

Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

I found the JL trailer to be enjoyable. I found BVS trailers to be enjoyable too though, and I did not like that movie at all.

18. Tacit Ronin

Tacit Ronin Registered

I enjoyed the JL trailer (and Wonder Woman). The only thing about the trailer I did not enjoy was, funnily enough, Ben Affleck. He looked rather stone faced througout all the interactions he had with everyone else in the footage. Recall the moment flash tells him that he will join the League and asks him if he can keep the Batarang. It should be an awkward situation Erza plays perfectly on his end. But Ben is totally stone faced with no reaction. Bland Ben is back. I could imagine Keaton or Bale playing that instance to perfection.

19. Slade W

Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

I agree that Ben was the worst thing about the trailer, which is funny, as I thought that him and Irons were by far the best things in BVS. I did not like his deliveries at all. Hopefully he will come across better in the movie. Lots of times I think that scenes and characters come across bad and cringe-inducing in trailers or clips, but then come across much better in the movie.

20. titansupes

titansupes Registered

The only time I thought Ben was rough here was in the "I'm real when it's useful" line.

21. Tacit Ronin

Tacit Ronin Registered

That was the one line I thought he nailed. He nails comedy better as Bats than as Bruce.

22. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

The worst thing about the JL trailer wasn't Affleck, it was the constant attempts at humor. Most of them were cringe worthy e.g. Flash: "Yeah I'll join your team. I need friends".

23. shauner111

shauner111 Registered

I thought the Wonder Woman trailer was very good. Glad that theme is back. It looks like a good time. I liked Gal and Pine. Looks like a good cast. A better director (than Snyder) is handling the character. Thank god, because Snyder directing her 3 times without anyone else getting a chance would be a goddamn crime.

Justice League trailer? Here we go..

Mixed feelings. Affleck was...weird? What is he doing? In BvS it was like he played all personas of Bruce Wayne like one big grumpy James Bond. It fit the tone, but it was one-dimensional. Still better than the rest of the cast, but a little forced with the grumpy face. NOW WE HAVE BEN AFFLECK ACTING LIKE BEN AFFLECK! Again, it's not bad, but there's dry humor all over the place which always makes Ben come across like he's not really playing a different character. Like i said, Ben being Ben. It fits the tone this time, because they seem to be going all Marvel on us. But it's weird! I didn't like the line or delivery when he walked up to Ezra. How do people not see how wooden Ben is sometimes? And boy do i still dislike that robot voice..

Ezra Miller. Good casting. Cutesy, cheesy, fun humor. A bit forced. Nothing laugh out loud funny in this trailer. But it's fine. Flash might steal the show next year.

Mediocre Gal with no real personality returns. Thank you Snyder for that. :o All Zack cares about is making her look badass.

Speaking of badass: Drogo. Aquamoa. What a badass. He won the trailer for me. I still rolled my eyes at the slow-motion shot of him walking with a tanktop drinking. LMAO pure Snyder man-muscle fetish. When Aquaman makes Batman look like a little jabroni, i don't know if that's going to be a problem in the movie or a good thing.

Cyborg looks terrible. Im not sold on this guy at all. I hope he shows some personality in the film.

No Cavill. OK, they're hyping his return, fine.

New DP for sure, you can tell. This is a good thing. But it still looks gloomy. The winter-ish setting caught me off guard big time. I like surprises.

So Flash joins the Justice League because he needs friends? Yeah, this has to be the return of the Snyder/Terrio team. Bruce and Barry scene was basically Tony visiting Peter at his place. Bruce is basically the Tony Stark of this franchise now.

Suicide Squad trailer was bananas. It's dope. And im looking forward to shoving popcorn in my face for that one. Margot is so perfect from anything i've seen. Smith looks like he's having fun for the first time in ages. Leto is having a blast on screen but only time will tell if his performance is generic, forced or a force to be reckoned with.

24. shauner111

shauner111 Registered

I'd like to add that the more i see Affleck playing this character, the more i miss Bale. My fanboy love for Christian Bale in that role of Bruce Wayne gets bigger with each passing year. It's just so dynamic, entertaining, warm, cold, all of it.

#24 shauner111, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  25. Tacit Ronin

Tacit Ronin Registered

Bale really brought a wide range of emotions. Ben is.....Ben.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.