Stand-Alone Movies Young Han Solo Casting Thread

No disrespect, but most of the choices in this thread are terrible. Those guys look NOTHING like Han or what a younger Han would resemble. I'm not seeing what most in here are seeing, nope.

I want Anthony Ingruber. I know some people say he's just a crappy imitator (he's not), but what do people THINK they're expecting with a young Han Solo? An actor who can mimic Harrison Ford's character in the most genuine manner, DUHHHHHH.

Dude from Fault in Our Stars really isn't a bad choice either though. In costume with the proper haircut and mannerism, he can also pull off Han Solo well!

Can we get someone to photoshop some of these actors in Han's attire??

Anthony Ingruber certainly looks the part, and that impression tape is from a few years ago when he was just messing around yet it's still pretty damned good. He would be my current choice.

Ansel Elgort for Han Solo.

He is the current "It" boy in Hollywood. He is so hot,dreamy and handsome.

Is it true that Logan Lerman is considered? YEAH!!!!!!!

going by that list, Scott Eastwood is my pick. as long as it ends up not being Franco & Teller that get the part, i'm good :up: seriously, those two are horrible choices

going by that list, Scott Eastwood is my pick. as long as it ends up not being Franco & Teller that get the part, i'm good :up: seriously, those two are horrible choices

I agree, Teller and Franco would both be awful choices that would pretty much ruin the movie.

I don't like the idea of a Young Han Solo movie but if I had to pick anyone I'd go with Eastwood.

I don't like the idea of a Young Han Solo movie but if I had to pick anyone I'd go with Eastwood.

I put him and Reynor in the same boat. I can sorta see the requisite characteristics in them, but they don't scream exciting choices to me.

Would Daniel Bruhl be too old?

Edit: Just checked his age no way is he 37, he looks a lot younger.

Last edited:
So my wife and I finally watched The Age of Adaline last night. Gotta say Ingruber impressed me. I felt like he did a serviceable job of acting more than impersonating. I still see a lot of growth he needs to achieve, though. I wouldn't be disappointed if he were cast, as I think the combination of the Russos and the Kasdans could really bring the most out of him.

Lord and Miller are directing, not the Russos.

Not any of the final actors up for the role are good picks for the character.

Lerman - NO
Teller - NO
Franco - NO
Riggs - NO
Elgort - NO

If I'm forced to pick one of them, it's Elgort. I don't like him at all but I believe he will be better than the others when it comes to the Han Solo character.

Not any of the final actors up for the role are good picks for the character.

Lerman - NO
Teller - NO
Franco - NO
Riggs - NO
Elgort - NO

If I'm forced to pick one of them, it's Elgort. I don't like him at all but I believe he will be better than the others when it comes to the Han Solo character.

If it's any consolation albeit too early to tell, Edgar Wright cast Elgort as the lead in his next film which starts filming soon.

Anthony Ingruber is the only clear choice. In fact, if they don't get him my interest in seeing this movie will be greatly diminished.:csad:

Most the actors on that poll are the same age or older than Ford or Solo were in A NEW HOPE, so why are they on a list of potential Young Han Solos?:huh:

In regards to the actual young actors being rumoured (Alden Ehrenreich, Jack Reynor, Taron Egerton) - isn't filming too far away for us to expect actual casting to announced? Shooting begins in 2017 right?

That is the bones of a year to audition actors.

Also Ehrenreich and Egerton are a lot shorter than Ford. While the acting skill is the most important I doubt they will cast someone who is a lot shorter than Ford.

Or am I wrong?

It still bothers me, that this doesn't get you cast as young Han Solo, even after having played him before in another film.

[YT]bba_wPdLxp4[/YT]

Mark Hamill did a pretty good Ford impression. He should’a been cast.

Mandon, he can't ****ing act.

It's not that difficult. Ingruber's fine as a bit-player, a little role like in that period piece movie. Carrying a movie though? Whole different beast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"