Stand-Alone Movies Young Han Solo Casting Thread

I'm always inclined to agree with Gianakin just because I like Gianakin, but I've got to agree with NinjaTurtleFan this time around. With the right script and proper direction, any half decent actor can do amazing things. It's so difficult with Star Wars in particular because we're all so familiar with the actors when they were young, and they're so beloved we've risen them all to legendary status. Short of outright cloning Harrison Ford, there's no way anyone attempting a Young Han Solo film is going to please everyone.

See, some people have suggested a younger Josh Holloway as Han Solo. I can see that, because the guy oozes charisma and that rogue-ish quality I'm talking about. I just don't think some people are fit for the role of Han Solo. Just like some people aren't fit to be Terminators, you don't have to be tall and muscular, you need a quality.

You just can't bring certain stuff out of some people, no matter how good (or bad) actors they are.

Josh Holloway should be a young Dash Rendar not Han Solo. He looks more like Dash.

Agreed. I was just bringing up an actor who has the qualities I'd want from Han Solo. Besides, Rendar is kind of a Solo clone, so...

Since I believe they will go for late teen early twenties I'm going to throw in DYLAN O'BRIEN. He's the perfect young Solo

Off topic, but is someone going to start a Boba Fett casting thread?

james franco

Last edited:
Michael Fassbender

Last edited:
Anthony Ingruber is born to play a young Han Solo.

I watched the Age Of Adaline in which he played a younger version of Harrison Ford's character.

He has the voice and mannerisms down.

[YT]/bba_wPdLxp4[/YT]

I watched the Age Of Adaline in which he played a younger version of Harrison Ford's character.

[YT]/bba_wPdLxp4[/YT]

I saw him on YouTube he can pull it off.

I saw him on YouTube he can pull it off.

yeah its the closest one i have seen, and he has already played him recently in a new movie, he has pretty good chances. I would take an unknown over a guy like cooper any day

Since I believe they will go for late teen early twenties I'm going to throw in DYLAN O'BRIEN. He's the perfect young Solo

Yes. Keyword is young here! Alot of these guys are as old/older than Harrison when he was Solo. Dylan actually passes for a young Ford and oozes charisma in the same way chris Pratt does. And at 23, Disney should see him as prize franchise material.
7e966b6438cdfdfde13aa6fbcd9b15f6.jpg

[YT]/bba_wPdLxp4[/YT]

Yes. Keyword is young here! Alot of these guys are as old/older than Harrison when he was Solo. Dylan actually passes for a young Ford and oozes charisma in the same way chris Pratt does. And at 23, Disney should see him as prize franchise material.

I'd be more than fine with either of these. :awesome:

I hope they go pretty young for the character and thus the role. Harrison was 34 in 1976.

I'm wondering if we may get casting at SDCC? The timing of this announcement seems a little too coincidental.

This Poll is a joke by the way...

[YT]/bba_wPdLxp4[/YT]

He's good :up:

I could see Brenton Thwaites as a possible contender

lead_large.jpg

Don't do this to me.
I'm just starting to recover from the Spider-Man casting nonsense.

Yeah, I don't ever need to see Dylan O'Brien again after all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"