Lucy(1): 10m, 14s
Dinah(2): 9m, 24s
Mera(1): 9m, 22s
Dessad(2): 9m, 02s
Hamilton(3): 8m, 57s
Courtney(1): 5m, 19s
Jonathan(2): 4m, 08s
Lana(1): 0m, 15s

No way those numbers are right. Clark seemed absent for most of the episode which I think is why I didn't like it. This season was 10Xs better when Chloe was gone.

Clark: And I should be wearing a mask. Unfortunately, I've lived my entire life up until this point without needing one. That's why I've been so reluctant. I mean, this is the face that my parents raised. It's the face of the man that you love. And I don't want to deny who I am when I'm out there doing what I was born to do.

Lois: Then why bother with the jacket, Clark, the symbols?

Clark: When I'm out there in the red and blue, and I'm saving people, that's who I really am. And I know this is gonna sound weird, but it's not what I'm called that should define who I am. It's who I am that should define what I'm called. Clark Kent -- its...it's just a name. It's just a word. I am The Blur, and I've always has been.

Lois: Clark, you can't just whip out a new costume at work.

Clark: The Blur is not the disguise, Lois. Clark Kent will be the mask.

Lois: Okay. Okay, but the only way the glasses are ever going to work...

Clark: If I adjust my behavior when I use them. I know. The world needs to believe that Clark Kent is way too normal to be...

Lois: Super.

Clark: And even though we silenced Godfrey, we shutdown Granny's orphanage, and buried Desaad underneath Belle Reve, it's not the last time we've seen Darkseid. But I'll be ready......hiding in plain sight.

Lois: So you're willing to dial back the hometown hero and crank up the average Joe?

Clark: If that what it takes to be the hero the people need, yes, Miss Lane, I am.

Masquerade brings the Darkseid plot back to the fore. This episode had more Clark development since Homecoming, but this mainly a Chloe-centric episode.
In most of Bryan Miller's episodes, he writes for Clark and Chloe. Masquerade addressed Clark's secret identity issues and Chloe's character development for the past several seasons.

We see Clark continuing to be proactive in his investigations, using his leadership to get Oliver to stay in Watchtower and stop him from hurting Desaad further, facing Desaad and Darkseid's dark form, and making his position about a secret identity. Luckily, he didn't wear glasses because Lois told him to. He had to see for himself why he has to disguise himself through his scenes with Burt.

The Oliver/ Chloe stuff was unnecessary and were too long as it distracts from the episode storyline. Chloe was trying to resist Desaad until she starts to waver and that's when Clark rescued her in the nick of time before she would be corrupted. However, it doesn't mean she's incorruptible nor is she pure-hearted.

Oliver himself is corrupted by Darkseid in the end and his assault on Desaad left him vulnerable to his prey. Now we know what they meant when Oliver would play a critical role in defeating Darkseid.

If Chloe is going to get this much screentime in Fortune, then I don't see any reason for her to be in the series finale.

Good episode for Clark's development and Clois for the secret identities, but the rest I didn't care. :super:

i dont think the times were bad at all. everyone in the episode was used good. desaad used pretty well and moved along the darkseid storyline. Clark alot of proactiveness and the whole dual identity stuff. so ya chloe had two mins more then clark. big deal really when allison time is almost over(bearing finale appearance or not) and all that. clark still has the most overall time and focus was well balanced out tonight.

Woah, those screentime numbers are making me think twice about this episode. I gotta go back and watch it again.

I completely disagree that it was Chloe-centric. She was there a lot but it wasn't focused mostly on her. It was all about the disguise and the Darkseid stuff.

i still dont see any issue with the times, like i said above everyone was used very well. and development on different things were handled great.

Like I said, some of the stuff involving Oliver and Chloe were unnecessary. I like what Clark did when he took off the sunglasses and the hood off of his jacket as we don't need a big version of Impulse. However, I was hoping they'd address the suit in the Fortress. :super:

only part I liked about Chloe in this episode was her in that dress :p ...........thats it.................Oliver was boring and only interesting thing involving him was the finale scene.

Clark & Lois playing dress up was beyond the highlight of the night :)

Love how he started to complain about Lois adding a hood to his jacket lol

Like I said, some of the stuff involving Oliver and Chloe were unnecessary. I like what Clark did when he took off the sunglasses and the hood off of his jacket as we don't need a big version of Impulse. However, I was hoping they'd address the suit in the Fortress. :super:

Lol, why'd they have to tease us in the "Previous on Smallville" montage.:cmad:

I completely disagree that it was Chloe-centric. She was there a lot but it wasn't focused mostly on her. It was all about the disguise and the Darkseid stuff.
True, it didn't feel like Chloe was getting all the screentime aside from the torture scene and the last scene. But like I said earlier, that torture scene felt like it was another one of those "Chloe is awesome because she knows all the answer and can figure things out on her own" scenes. They should've used something like that when Clark first met Godfrey and was trying to be taken over by the darkness.

This episodeunderwhelming imo was . Not my favorite by any means. At least we got Clark in glasses but what was the point in having him in London and not show him fly back to Metropolis? Lame

Agreed! As much as I love Smallville, honestly this season seems to be going nowhere...............for it to be it's final season anyway. There is no way it should have this many filler episodes and just not feeling the Supernatural vibe to Darkseid. He has never been a supernatural type villian in any form.............just hoping it gets better. :csad:

Oh so having his eyes white instead of red is "screwing him up".

What?

Did you notice that in the montage Darkseid's eyes are now colored red instead of white like we saw at the end of "Lazarus"?

Can't say I did. I'll have to rewatch this episode for sure. This time I'll just fas-forward whenever I see Chloe.

I thought this episode was good Liked the whole Clark Disguise thing and how the Blur is going international!! i hated the fact that Oliver and Chloe story was totally ripped off of Date Night movie and it seems like Next Weeks episode is ripped off of The Hangover

I liked this episode, as I've said. It was rather well done.

I would have preferred to see Clark fly too.
But they're probably saving it.

I am so happy for the Silver Age stuff though.
As for Darkseid being supernatural...he is a God, a God of Evil.
It's kind of hard for a God to not be a supernatural being. :)

And thanks, Incredible Hulk, I didn't remember that line from Kill Bill Vol. 2.

speaking of allison dress it was smoking hott and she was totally rocking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"