• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

2015 NFL Thread: Game On - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be nice when your community doesn't support them and they leave again. :o

The stadium is built by their owner and it's a permanent home for them. And there are still many LA Rams fans here. The team will be supported by many fans including myself here. I'm a Raiders fan but I'll be rooting for the Rams instead and buying their gears once they've relocated here.

The NFL will probably want to fill the London market next.

The stadium is built by their owner and it's a permanent home for them. And there are still many LA Rams fans here. The team will be supported by many fans including myself here. I'm a Raiders fan but I'll be rooting for the Rams and buying their gears once they've relocated here.
You are going to have to explain why both the Rams and Raiders left last time then.

So the Rams and Chargers are now talking.

Basically, if the Padres had left years before, San Diego becomes a minor league sports city.

You are going to have to explain why both the Rams and Raiders left last time then.

Very simply, both Georgia Frontiere for the Rams and Al Davis for the Raiders wanted to relocate, and NFL let them because Frontiere threatened to sue the league and Davis frankly didn't care and did it his way. Frontiere wanted to move the team back to her hometown, and Davis was just being eccentric and wanted things his way. I don't see why people think the move away from LA 20 years ago was justified but wanted to scrutinize this relocation back to Los Angeles.

Looks like this ends any chance that Stan Kroenke may have had in having a near monopoly of major sports in Denver....for now.

Arte Moreno is never going to live that down.

At one point, all these teams were rumored for Los Angeles:

- Cardinals (UOP Stadium built)
- Colts (Lucas Oil Stadium built)
- Jaguars (New Owner committed to Jacksonville)
- Saints (Renovations to Superdome)
- Vikings (US Bank Stadium to open)

So the question I have about San Diego is that how come the Chargers didn't join forces with the Padres when the Padres wanted Petco Park built?

Petco Park sounds like a miniature zoo. :whatever:

San Antone would probably love an NFL team. But I'm sure lord Jerry would block it, and king Roger would tell them to build a new stadium. Even though the Alamodome is perfectly serviceable.

I feel bad for St Louis in all this. There team is getting better talent each year and now this happens. It makes the NFL look bad too because the city approved a 1.1 billion dollar stadium on the waterfront but the NFL and rams owner clearly never had any intentions of staying.

I also don't like where this is heading now ethier with teams leaving cities if they don't get what they want or not making enough money like they want. This will also kill the NFL someday as well if you keep holding cities and fan bases hostage by threatening to move there teams when the lease is up.

I got up this morning, came downstairs and noticed my Rams' flag hanging in my basement. I immediately ripped that sucker down and threw it and all my other Ram gear (several shirts and hats and my old Isaac Bruce jersey) into a pile in a rarely used corner of one of the spare bedrooms.

I don't know what I'm gonna do with it. Burn it? Donate it to charity? Dump it in the parking lot of Rams park?

As a Pats fan living in LA there is some excitement around here about this team. I was hoping they'd change the mascot and logo.

While I'm sure there are still LA Rams fans there, won't this be a distant team behind say the Lakers, Dodgers, Angels, Clippers, USC?

Wow. Did not expect that decision.

It always made sense to me that the Rams would ultimately come home (and yes I know they originated in Cleveland but they spent more time in LA). Of all the teams that were looking to relocate, the Rams were the ones who seemed to have the rightful claim to LA.

My heart does go out to the fans in St. Louis. This is now twice in the span of less than 30 years you've lost an NFL team. Seems somewhat cruel and the city seemed like they really stepped up with a deal but Goodell kept moving the goalposts on them.

Maybe you guys make a pitch for the Raiders or Chargers? I'm not sure how either team can go back to their respective cities next season at this point? Looks like Mark Davis and his bowlcut got outmaneuvered by Kroenke here. Not to mention Spanos looks like an idiot as well going from having his own market to possibly just being a tenant at Kroenke's LA Stadium.

NrDNb2u.jpg

I'm ecstatic to see the Rams coming home to Los Angeles. It's been a long time coming!

It will be like it was in the 70s & 80s again, 49ers & Rams rivalry once again!!

LA is a front runner town filled with fair weather fans. I am fine with one team going there, but the NFL and the owners are getting greedy, are going to put two teams there, over-saturate the market, and it will blow up in their faces.

The saddest part is that Chargers are probably also going to leave San Diego, which is insanity. The Chargers have decent attendance and the city has made several fair offers for a stadium. Spanos has categorically rejected all offers based on nitpicks because he desperately wants to be in the LA scene. The NFL should not allow a city to be screwed over because Alex Spanos is an egotistical ass.

Last edited:
These guys seem pretty stoked:

CYTxHH0UsAAAITZ.jpg

CYkzPLdWYAAhGeQ.jpg

CYlXR6aUQAAfcCY.jpg

I didn't say there weren't fans.

Just that for the 2nd biggest market, Football will not be it's biggest draw.

LA will always have Lakers first. Just like NY is the Yankees or Boston is the Red Sox.

Serious question and I mean no offense. Outside of that period, how "hot" have the Rams tickets been? If the Rams suck in LA, the tickets won't be hot either. But it still has the advantage of being LA.

They haven't been a hot ticket for a while but they have also been one of the worst teams in the league for a long time. The Blues have never been a championship team yet they constantly, for years at a time, sellout because they are simply competitive and make the playoffs. The Cardinals, I don't even think I need say anything. The Rams had the worst 5 year stretch, 15-65, in league history and we still put 50k asses in seats. STL is a proud market and maybe not the money pot that is LA but can be profitable, Cards and Blues prove that, it has the advantage of people willing to stick with the team. We have long standing teams here and we're willing to build our second stadium in 25 YEARS TO KEEP THE TEAM! That's unheard of! End of the day, the fix was in 2 years ago.

Very simply, both Georgia Frontiere for the Rams and Al Davis for the Raiders wanted to relocate, and NFL let them because Frontiere threatened to sue the league and Davis frankly didn't care and did it his way. Frontiere wanted to move the team back to her hometown, and Davis was just being eccentric and wanted things his way. I don't see why people think the move away from LA 20 years ago was justified but wanted to scrutinize this relocation back to Los Angeles.

I guess the question is, why did Davis and Frontiere want to move out of LA to begin with? It couldn't just be that they wanted a team in St. Louis. That just doesn't seem to add up. The markets simply don't compare.

I guess the question is, why did Davis and Frontiere want to move out of LA to begin with? It couldn't just be that they wanted a team in St. Louis. That just doesn't seem to add up. The markets simply don't compare.

Couldn't get stadiums in LA. STL built one just to get the Rams here.

I wonder if Kroenke's grand scheme was to get the team in LA, then sell it a few years down the line....

Looks like Hue Jackson to Cleveland is done. Best HC hire they've made in a long time. Hue's got his work cut out for him. Now, if we can just convince him to give us a couple first rounders for McCarron...

I'm wondering how much the Browns offered him. He was suppose to meet with the Giants which I would assume would be a better coaching job. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"