5.19 - Mercy - Official Thread (spoilers)

celldog said:
Don't forget the Byrne explanation of how he lifts huge things. His mind pushes them. :supes:

Yea mind powers..:up:

Perhaps Superman uses the same technique that The Flash does, and that is by absorbing the inertia into his own body and protecting the regular humans.

Cool episode! Even though it was an ode to SAW, it was stll better than last year's House of Wax episode (Forever). That last scene with Clark and Lionel was INTENSE. I love Welling's Superman voice. He also used it in his scenes with Lex.

The only thing I wished to happen was the way he stopped the elevator. I was SOOOO ready for him to jump toward the falling elevator. It even looked that way the way his X-ray panned up the elevator shaft. I would've gone bananas if he leaped!

God why must they rip off horror flicks. Bad horror flicks. This is Smallville, not the Twilight Zone.

What happened. The first half of this season was so good, how did it go so wrong. The Lex/Lana crap, Brainiac being reduced to the T-1000, and now crappy episode after crappy episode.

You get used to it after a while. I think Ive just become desensitized to it, prolly why I liked this episode.

Kane said:
You get used to it after a while. I think Ive just become desensitized to it, prolly why I liked this episode.

You think i would to. But damn this is getting terrible. :O

When Chloe, Lana and Lois have very little to do with the story and barely appear, it usually turns out good.

RakuMon said:
The only thing I wished to happen was the way he stopped the elevator. I was SOOOO ready for him to jump toward the falling elevator. It even looked that way the way his X-ray panned up the elevator shaft. I would've gone bananas if he leaped!

Ditto.

I liked this episode.

Saw ripoff? Yes...but still pretty entertaining.

I LOVED the final scene w/ Lionel & Clark.

Clark using his "Superman" voice again was awesome! :)

Great episode, I agree.

Next week's looks so-so but we're getting down to the wire...

AgentPat said:
When's the last time you saw Clark in THAT mode?

:up:

10xo3.jpg

20xu.jpg

33af2.jpg

42ax.jpg

58gs.jpg

64id.jpg

LostSon88 said:
Clark using his "Superman" voice again was awesome! :)

Superman voice ? lmao

He was just pissed off that Lionel put his mother in danger. Whats next Clarks Superman State ? Clarks Superman Look :confused:

I think what really sold that last scene was how Clark lowered his voice and almost whispered when he was threatening Lionel. I dont think he's ever done that before and it was a sight to behold seeing a take-charge, bad-ass Superman instead of the boy scout we're used to.

I was actually hoping the bad guy would be Edward Nigma... but it was just a bad 'Saw'/ 'Nip Tuck: Carver' take off.

MJZ said:
Great episode, I agree.

Next week's looks so-so but we're getting down to the wire...

What does next week's episode looking so-so have to do with getting down to the wire?

KalKai said:

Can you post more from that scene? There was one in particular that I was looking for. It was framed just-so.. on Clark's face. It screamed :supes: .

I could get it from my tivo recording, but my caps don't come out nearly as sharp as yours.

Nice change of pace ep, though the 'games' aspect was more than familiar. I thought I had the Lionel situation pretty well lined up, but now I don't know what to make of it. Clark put forth the premise that Lionel knew the gun wasn't loaded and I thought he was fumbling around with it while he was talking. I'll hold on that to further the belief that Lionel is still a conniving baddie.

I was annoyed by the inevitable appearance of Chloe Sullivan, Computer Genius/Storyline Advancement Crutch, but that disdain paled in comparison to my feelings on the dynamic between Martha and Lionel. That's just top-notch acting, as you would expect from those two performers. The elevator catch bothered me a bit, but that's just nitpicking.

The closing scene, as people have noted multiple times, was really powerful. Although the excellence of that scene was tempered by my trying to figure out what the hell Lionel was going through as the episode closed. Oh well, there's always next week.

All in all, an enjoyable filler episode with a couple of core plot devices mixed in. There was no Clark/Lana nonsense and Clark's insecure babbling was kept to a minimum. I'll take it, although I'm still waiting for the really good stuff.

The Sage said:
What does next week's episode looking so-so have to do with getting down to the wire?

Who the **** wants to know?

Can someone get a snap of Clark's reflection in Lionel's window?

Very Bermejo/LL:MOS there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"