7.16 - Descent - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Smallville filming on location in downtown Vancouver last week in at Luthorcorp

highlights:

- trouble and police at Luthorcorp
- Lex and mini-Lex at Luthorcorp
- Clark is there
- Lois and Chloe were there but the PA's shooed Ronita away...:csad: before she could snap their pics.

Credit and thanks to CLOISRonita for being in the right place at the right time and filming what she saw.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jwgba5GEBuE

nice pics. i wonder the bit were mini lex and lex are at luthorcorp i wonder if little Lex is acting like his conseince at that part and it ends with Lex wlaking away from mini lex and turning around to find its gone and its all in his mind. oooooooh

Smallville filming on location in downtown Vancouver last week in at Luthorcorp

highlights:

- trouble and police at Luthorcorp
- Lex and mini-Lex at Luthorcorp
- Clark is there
- Lois and Chloe were there but the PA's shooed Ronita away...:csad: before she could snap their pics.

Credit and thanks to CLOISRonita for being in the right place at the right time and filming what she saw.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jwgba5GEBuE

"mini-lex" ?

^ Is the child who played little Lex on "Fracture".

"mini-lex" ?

minime.jpg

"bloody hell, i thought i smelt cabbage" lol

A little update from Ausiello:

The character about to get Grim Reapered has never been presumed dead by the audience . It's an important distinction. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

That makes me think it is Lionel for sure.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=51050

Smallville's Luthor Begins 'Descent'

Lex Luthor (Michael Rosenbaum) will go bad once and for when The CW's Smallville returns with new episodes later this month, executive producer Brian Peterson and co-executive producer Kelly Souders told SCI FI Wire.

"I would say if you are going to watch one episode of Smallville, you need to watch 'Descent,'" the April 17 episode, Peterson said in an interview. "It is pivotal. It is up there with Clark [Tom Welling] opening the Fortress of Solitude. It's right up there."

Souders added: "Lex has had a lot of challenges in his life, and he's sort of gone and sat on that fence all these years. This is the episode he leaps off of it."

"Descent" deals with Luthor's decline into "his own personal hell," Peterson said. "There is a major turn that happens in his life that drives him into pure darkness. ... It's Lex's real descent into the villain he becomes. I think that is what fans have been waiting for. It's what I’ve been waiting for," Peterson added with a laugh.

Before that, look for James Marsters to return in the role of Brainiac in the March 27 episode, "Veritas," which was written by Peterson and Souders. In the episode, Kara (Laura Vandervoort) decides to teach Clark to fly to help him battle Brainiac.

As for the possibility of an eighth season, Peterson and Souders are hopeful. Regardless of whether or not The CW renews the series, the duo is thrilled with how this season is shaping up.

"It's all because of the fans," Peterson said. "That's what's great. They have been so loyal. We have plenty more in store for them that they will be excited about." Smallville airs Thursday nights at 8 p.m. ET/PT. --Kathie Huddleston
spacer.gif

given what ausiello said in his latest column and now this article from sci-fi wire, I think it's pretty much all but confirmed that lex will kill lionel.

given what ausiello said in his latest column and now this article from sci-fi wire, I think it's pretty much all but confirmed that lex will kill lionel.

I had a idea where Lex kills Lionel when he's really old and in a wheelchair living on life support

I think little Alexander gets metaphorically killed in the process as well.

Did this make it sound like season 8 was "iffy"?

It's either an old interview & they've published it now, or Peterson & Souders haven't realized that SV has already been renewed lol.

It's either an old interview & they've published it now, or Peterson & Souders haven't realized that SV has already been renewed lol.

They probably don't know yet. They don't seem to be too bright, those two. :whatever:

according to the preview for "descent", you may be right.
I doubt they'd show something so pivotal in a preview if there wasn't a twist, however. Either Lionel somehow survives or it's a dream or something. They wouldn't throw away the ending like that.

^ The CW has shown the climax of episodes on the director's cuts a few times, so yes, they can throw it away on a trailer.

^ The CW has shown the climax of episodes on the director's cuts a few times, so yes, they can throw it away on a trailer.
I'll still remain cynical. While most of us have seen it coming for a while, the general public will be caught off-guard by that.

I really, honestly think Lex pushing him out the window is a dream. Obviously, I could be wrong but I'd bet 100 bucks on it right now.

The CW is sooo stupid. If Lionel does die, and I think he does, I'm gonna be turbo-pissed because they just gave away the ending in the preview. I'm sick of the cw's s***.

That may have been the original cliffhanger ending to Veritas...since footage of Lex at the window was in an early promo prior to the strike resolution.

look, we've all known that lionel will die by lex's hand, we've known it since season 1, there's really nothing that CW can do to spoil it. The preview is just confirming what we've known all along. No need to get all hyped up over it. Everyone here says it's a dream yet they forget that the spolier for the episode includes the words, DIES FOR REAL, NO ********!!, so no it's not a dream, Lionel dies FOR REAL!!. NO COMING BACK!!. Watching Lionels death in the context of the episode itself wiol be a great thing to watch & will still be shocking to watch. This trailer means nothing.

Peace,

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"