8.16 - Turbulence - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Actually, I think in Infamous we got a hint at Tom's version of the bumbling Clark.... He was befuddled by Lois at times, it was adorable and charming and different than Christopher Reeve's take...

Reminds me I should finish that review...

*grumbles*

In the voice of Rob Schneider:

"You can do it!" :up:

I haven't felt much like writing for a week or more, I've felt tired and grumpy, so then I developed this fever and earache over the weekend and think, aha! That's it! I got a an ear infection.

However, according to the doc I have a viral infection that doesn't require anything more than OTC pain relievers and sinus meds....

(And I'd like to thank the oddly geeky Dr. K for taking $15 in copay and several hours out of my work day for this, btw :mad: )

*sigh*

I'm on my lunch break at work and am determined to view it one more time and then finish that review before I leave work today.

I know I can do it.

(if not I'll send it to Craig first thing...)

I think I'm partly putting off working on Turbulence, but I probably really don't have any excuse except I still didn't like this episode much...

I think I'm partly putting off working on Turbulence, but I probably really don't have any excuse except I still didn't like this episode much...

I know how that feels. The ones I didn't like are easier to find things to write about but harder to get the desire to wite about.

But I make a rule that I can't get on any message boards until I write it so that helps since I am an addicted lurker on many boards. That way I don't get into the trap of waiting too long and getting an Email from Steve wondering where it is.

:)

Doug

well trip i hope you feel better and i cant wait to see episode 15 and 16 reviews when you do have the time to finish them.

well trip i hope you feel better and i cant wait to see episode 15 and 16 reviews when you do have the time to finish them.

I finished Infamous last night, got to tweak a few things, I think I'll piss off some Chlarkers if I leave this one very pro-Lois one in there that doesn't really have to do directly with the review, so I think I'm going to cut that...

I'll be okay, thank you.

*hugs*

But you go to the doctor to expect him to give you something and when he doesn't and you spent a large part of the morning and some hard earned cash to go see him, it just rankles...

I know how that feels. The ones I didn't like are easier to find things to write about but harder to get the desire to wite about.

But I make a rule that I can't get on any message boards until I write it so that helps since I am an addicted lurker on many boards. That way I don't get into the trap of waiting too long and getting an Email from Steve wondering where it is.

:)

Doug

You write for SupermanHomePage? Wow... braver man than I to deal with Younis. (We've butted heads a time or two, I won't get into details.)

Craig actually is a very easy boss, he doesn't edit my stuff and he's okay getting it when he gets it, he knows I got a life, such as it is, and a full-time paying job so he's fairly patient.

I'm probably trying his patience a bit with Infamous, however...

*sigh*

And I understand about not liking an episode, it can be harder to get the motivation to write, but it usually is easier.

I think I've almost finished the main part of Turbulence, I didn't like the idea of it although I suppose the execution was okay...

I haven't finished my first draft yet, so I usually shy away from forums discussing the ep until I do, unless I hate the episode and want to get other people's takes on it.

Yea i heard alot of bad things about supermanhomepage guy over the years. Craig at ksite i think he is a pretty cool guy, and i enjoy all he an get on the show.

Well I am not going to get into that since I know nothing about it. My experiences have been nothing but positive.

I am Doug Trumble and yea. i am one of the Smallville reviewers on the supermanhomepage but I am also a incurable lurker on many Superman, Superhero, Star Wars, and Gamer related message board. :) (I am an Xbox junkie as well)

As you can see by my joining this site in 2003 and only having 100 posts since then even though I check it almost daily. :p

I know, I know. I am a slacker.

I really dig Kryptonsite too and lurk over there a lot under the same user name as this and most sites. Superherohype is great too because I get dish on all the superhero stuff going on.

Anyway on topic I was wondering something.

Do they have something against showing Clark at least trying to fly? I know they don't want him to fly yet.. I get that.. but one thing I noticed in this episode was the fact it was a perfect place for Clark to at least attempt it. Maybe they just couldn't afford having the actors in wires by a green screen. I don't know but I think during the "fall" from the plane it would have been awesome to see Clark attempting to stop their fall. At least slow it down.

We know the man knows he can fly. Why do we never see him at least trying? (other than that one time with Kara that really doesn't count.)

It's always something that bothered me but more so in this episode.

Last edited:
Yea i heard alot of bad things about supermanhomepage guy over the years. Craig at ksite i think he is a pretty cool guy, and i enjoy all he an get on the show.

Superman homapage guys are a very interesting read. Both Neil and Doug seem like hardcore Superman fans so good to get a review from that perspective. Neil is no holds barred in most his reviews(to an extreme) and I think that irks some people off that he will point out every fault.

Do they have something against showing Clark at least trying to fly? I know they don't want him to fly yet.. I get that.. but one thing I noticed in this episode was the fact it was a perfect place for Clark to at least attempt it. Maybe they just couldn't afford having the actors in wires by a green screen. I don't know but I think during the "fall" from the plane it would have been awesome to see Clark attempting to stop their fall. At least slow it down.

I am guessing the biggest problem for Clark flying is $$$$$$$$$. Once he flies once then there is no excuse why he can't fly every episode and when you on a shoe string budget that can get costly.

I finished Infamous last night, got to tweak a few things, I think I'll piss off some Chlarkers if I leave this one very pro-Lois one in there that doesn't really have to do directly with the review, so I think I'm going to cut that...

Maybe you should point out how Chloe the past 2 episodes has sounded like she was Jonathon Kent, the whole Chloe giving Clark lectures like he was a 15 year old to me didn't come off good :p

Last edited:
Well they have stated many times to pull off flying scenes it does cost them alot of money and with this season's budget being slashed alot and they probably been saving budget for other stuff like all the cool stuff we are hearing about for the finale.

this episode was pretty boring except for the Clark/Tess stuff. I just LOVED the scene at the end where Clark changes in the phone booth. Probably the only thing that saved the episode for me from being totally "meh".

If anyone wants to know, Tess is 30, I saw it in the article on Clarks computer, just in case anyone want to know...

Hey Trip. stop making so many good reviews, I need to stop reading them all!

I guess Tess is oldest series regular then. 30 is rather young.

Hey Trip. stop making so many good reviews, I need to stop reading them all!

:D

You actually wading through all my past ones? I cringe at the thought, the fourth season ones weren't very good, but I have gotten better I think.

I'm glad you like them!

Thanks!

Good review Trip.

Appearantly you didn't like the Jimmy story. ;)

I actually enjoyed that part of the episode, to the point that I was practically cheering Jimmy on by the end of the episode. :p

But you are right, the highlight of the episode was the interaction between Tess and Clark. I'm curious how far she'll eventually go to get Clark to show her some of his power...since I have a feeling she already knows about them.

Either way, fantastic review, as always.

Good review Trip.

Appearantly you didn't like the Jimmy story. ;)

:confused:

How'd you guess?

;)

I actually enjoyed that part of the episode, to the point that I was practically cheering Jimmy on by the end of the episode. :p

But you are right, the highlight of the episode was the interaction between Tess and Clark. I'm curious how far she'll eventually go to get Clark to show her some of his power...since I have a feeling she already knows about them.

Either way, fantastic review, as always.

Thanks and Clark and Tess were both completely awesome.

:up:

Yup another well made review.

Thanks.

It makes me sad I no longer get hair ruffles anymore.

Do I need to reinstate the B8 world conquering initiative? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"