8.16 - Turbulence - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I stopped watching Smallville like 3 seasons ago and only started re-watching last week. Could someone catch me up as to what happened to Lex? And where did Lana go? And what about Lionel and Clark's mom?

I still want to like Smallville but I'm really disappointed that this show advances so slowly and the characters haven't progressed much (if any) since I last saw an episode from season 5. I wish the show's writers would seriously speed things up or at least write up more interesting stories that force the characters to change. I mean Clark is still a clueless dolt who needs Chloe to tell him what to do, and Chloe is well...still the same character. A show like Lost is so much more interesting since the writers on that show actually develop the characters! You'd think Smallville's writers could do the same thing? :whatever:

Wow! Little Miss Annoying was so annoying in this episode. I dont blame Jimmy for leaving her. I do however, like Davis and his story, even if he is a cold-blooded murder. :wow:

Clark and Tess's storyline was very entertaining and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Tom, surprise surprise, has great chemistry with Cassidy. And I love Tess's comment about feeling safe around him. His speedo change was super!

The episode was a little slow at times, but it did cover some much needed story explaining, which I really appreciated. :yay:

Chloe deserves that. It's kind of understandable that chloe doesn't reveal Clark's secret but Davis when she knows he's a serial Killer is low but I'm angry that Jimmy quit the Daily Planet

Chloe doesnt know that he is a serial killer. Chloe thought Jimmy was acting irrationally because of the drugs. Tasering him on the other hand ........:whatever:

And manages to conceal a cape & boots.

changing1994.jpg

changing1995.jpg

04-29-2007%2010;07;39AM.JPG

Not to mention that he wears those red boots underneath his dress shoes. :wow:

i was gonna say his feet must kill but uno... he's invulnerable... always forget that little thing. :D

can chloe knit as well as hack into a government mainframe? wow is there nothing that girl can't do :D

well if we want to get technically it would likely be ollie since he already has a costume and probably help to make ac/bart/victor's outfits.

Nice episode. I really like the gullible nature of Clark sometimes. It's a character flaw that works for him. Only he could be duped by Tess. Obviously there's still some sort of bond between Davis + Chloe so I'm kinda intriqued how that will play out.

I'm actually happy that he didn't fly. I want him to fly at the right time, not in that type of situation. Something has to drive him to fly, like saving Chloe or Lois
As far as I'm concerned the only motivation he should need is saving A LIFE! If dropping like a stone from 20,000 was the alternative he should've sprouted wings like hawkman.

I hope he at least found himself hovering, or slowing himself down in mid fall, cause terminal velocity is a ***** for a human regardless if Superclark is holding you or not

I didn't like how Chloe kind of had a go at Clark for trusting Tess. God I can't wait till Davis shows his true colours cos I want Clark to gloat his ass off.

As far as I'm concerned the only motivation he should need is saving A LIFE! If dropping like a stone from 20,000 was the alternative he should've sprouted wings like hawkman.

I hope he at least found himself hovering, or slowing himself down in mid fall, cause terminal velocity is a ***** for a human regardless if Superclark is holding you or not

How much do you all want to bet that it will be a deleted scene (or perhaps, an Easter egg) on the Season 8 DVD?

yeah. that didn't make any sense. maybe he landed in some hay in the middle of the arizona?

the super aura thing is the easily explanation to use with tess surviving the fall with clark. And its been show sorta that the aura exists in the show.

I stopped watching Smallville like 3 seasons ago and only started re-watching last week. Could someone catch me up as to what happened to Lex? And where did Lana go? And what about Lionel and Clark's mom?

I still want to like Smallville but I'm really disappointed that this show advances so slowly and the characters haven't progressed much (if any) since I last saw an episode from season 5. I wish the show's writers would seriously speed things up or at least write up more interesting stories that force the characters to change. I mean Clark is still a clueless dolt who needs Chloe to tell him what to do, and Chloe is well...still the same character. A show like Lost is so much more interesting since the writers on that show actually develop the characters! You'd think Smallville's writers could do the same thing? :whatever:

How about going out & get the DVDs. & stop relying on other people to catch you up just because you didn't have the patients to stick with it. People like you piss me off.

Wow! Little Miss Annoying was so annoying in this episode. I dont blame Jimmy for leaving her. I do however, like Davis and his story, even if he is a cold-blooded murder. :wow:

You're not the only one.Lol. I actually find him one of the most likeable characters on the show. You really feel for the guy because he at least was a good person who fell for the wrong girl and is Zod's son. I think Davis and Lois should just hook up because they both get the short end of the romantic stick , Oliver and tess get back together, let Chimme be together ,and let Clark moan after Lana the rest of his life since that's what the writers would prefer.Lol. Snarky I know but I think it would make the most sense.:hehe:.

You're not the only one.Lol. I actually find him one of the most likeable characters on the show. You really feel for the guy because he at least was a good person who fell for the wrong girl and is Zod's son. I think Davis and Lois should just hook up because they both get the short end of the romantic stick , Oliver and tess get back together, let Chimme be together ,and let Clark moan after Lana the rest of his life since that's what the writers would prefer.Lol. Snarky I know but I think it would make the most sense.:hehe:.

the super aura thing is the easily explanation to use with tess surviving the fall with clark. And its been show sorta that the aura exists in the show.

The aura didn't work to well in Infamous when he was getting shot & his clothes got all bulletholes in them? :whatever::oldrazz:. There is no aura it's just that they couldn't be bothered explaining how she survived, it's called bad writting.

Steve

Lex: Found out Clark's secret at the end of last season, used some kind of purple orb crystal thing to sink the FoS with him and Clark inside it. Hes disfigured now in hiding setting traps for Clark (Michael Rosenbum left the show, which is why Lex is disfigured on the show so nobody would notice).

Lana: obtained a nano-suit that gives her super powers thats also perminant, and also absorbed kryptonite radioactivity so Clark can't go near her. Shes off saving the world somewhere else now (she left the show as well).

Lionel: Killed by Lex, pushed him out of a skyscraper window

Clark's Mom: moved to Washington to become a Senator.

-Theres also a guy named Davis Bloom (whose also a paramedic) who blacks out and transforms into Doomsday, and goes on a murdering rampage.

-Tess Mercer is Lex's "fill-in" while hes doing whatever, basically taking his place on the show.

-Clark is working at the Daily Planet with Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen (whose married to Chloe now). Still no glasses (although its hinted at that pretty soon we'll start seeing his alternate identity we all know) and still no flights (yet). Hes been wearing the red jacket/blue t-shirt whenever he does something heroic in Metropolis, which he is now known as "the red-blue blur" (lame, I know).

Thats...basically it.

Last edited:
You're questioning the logic about his wardrobe? In the comics he hides behind a pair of glasses.
Yes, I do know that. :whatever:

I know it's not the most popular thing to question logic on this show, but when it comes to how they're handling Clark exploring the benefits of split identities, they're showing some blatant inconsistencies from episode to episode. Nothing new for Smallville, but I thought I'd point it out regardless.

But, as my roommate loves to point out (and I laugh when he does), there seems to be a particular bit of logic missing... Clark has worn that blue shirt, red jacket outfit for years. Years. Hell, even last episode, he was walking down the street in PLAIN SIGHT of all of Metropolis wearing it. And yet... nobody bats an eye? Why, then, would Clark even need to have dual wardrobes? I guess it becomes an issue when its convenient for the writers to make it one...

Yeah, I know what you're saying.

You're questioning the logic about his wardrobe? In the comics he hides behind a pair of glasses.

Not according to Elliot S! Maggin:

IDEAS: Have you seen the new film? What did you think?

MAGGIN: I loved it! Isn't that appalling? There have been dozens of us writing this character over the past 70 years, and what the makers of this movie did was take the questions we've been asking and begin to answer them. I don't want to spoil it, but they resolved the Lois and Superman relationship much better than I would have ever had the chance to do. And I was glad to have Clark back to being bumbling, because that's the way I used to write him. The manners are the disguise, not the glasses or the clothes, and Brandon Routh did a great job with that.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/articles/2006/07/09/qa_with_elliot_s_maggin/

Personaly I like a more assertive Clark, I mean my faorite version of Clark is from Superman: The Animated Series. I mean I thought how they wrote Clark in SR was better the the other four movies, well SM3 might have had the best Clark out of the four. But I'll still have to watch it again to see if I like it better than SR. But for the most part I really like SV version of Clark, he's assertive when he needs to be, him wanting to see good in everybody causes him to make mistakes(this may be more of a SM trait)and they even write him so you can believe that Lois would fall for him. By the way what was the song at the end of the episode? I know they said what it was but I forgot.

I have never really cared for the bumbling aspect. My favorite type of Clark was the more cool, reserved, assertive type.

This was played by George Reeves, Dean Cain, and Tom Welling. They have all played the more reserved but cool and collected when need be very well. Not so much campy bumbling and goofy.

To me George Reeves is still one of the best Superman over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"