8.16 - Turbulence - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

It wasn't that big of a gamble, Tess knows Clark's secret and Davis' (8.18 "Eternal" is the key episode).

I agreed with jimmy 100%...thats just F'ed up chloe

I have to agree with Jimmy, also.
Do you think Davis gave him some kind of hallucinogen to maybe discredit him?

i liked the start of this episode (clark 's quick change was awsome!) , but chloe was really anoying

for some reason her eyebrows were distracting me and what, is she the new lana?

tess is cool(and hot)

lol, davis bloome should change his name to bruce banner!

The most prominent trait Davis & Bruce share is that only the woman he loves can stop him.

i liked the start of this episode (clark 's quick change was awesome!) , but chloe was really annoying

for some reason her eyebrows were distracting me and what, is she the new lana?

tess is cool(and hot)

lol, davis bloome should change his name to bruce banner!

I surprisingly enjoyed the Jimmy/Chloe/Bloome story. It has quite a bit of tragedy waiting to happen and that is keeping me interested. I also agree with Jimmy, I mean, Chloe has never put her trust in the man she claimed she loved.

But I felt the sting for her when he said it was a mistake marrying her.

Yea, this version of Doomsday is very similar to how the hulk works. I really enjoy his portrayal, and feel his fall from grace will be very tragic. He is trying to use his uncontrollable monster to do some good, and using criminals to satiate his bloodlust. It's an interesting direction for the character, even though we know inevitably he won't be able to keep the beast at bay much longer.

Needless to say, the episode did what it intended to do. I had enough characterization that I'm hooked to the plot and seeing how it's going to end. It was a great lead in to the final arc of the season.

The best thing about this episode was Jimmy giving Chloe the heave ho,and in front of the staff at the hospital that was hilarious !!! Everything else was filler.I wonder how long the Hulk...I mean the Doomsday Davis story line will go on???

For me this was a very good episode, and the ending was awesome.
While they where on the plane and right after Tess told Clark that Lex was obsessed with him, what was that face he pulled? I totally laughed out loud and had to see it again :woot: That little moment was hilarious! :woot:

The best thing about this episode was Jimmy giving Chloe the heave ho,and in front of the staff at the hospital that was hilarious !!! Everything else was filler.I wonder how long the Hulk...I mean the Doomsday Davis story line will go on???

:huh:

My guess would be until the episode entitled "Doomsday." :oldrazz:

I did not thing this episode was good... no. It had some good parts, buuuut... yeah, overall, not well-executed.

This episode was kinda meh to me, it's my least favorite of the season for sure. It failed to get me involved for some reason, i just found myself not caring about what was going on.

Tess's schemes are starting out strong.

The non flying copout really annoyed me, though.

hey did tess say that clark doesn't have a backbone? and yet she says she's safe around him but doesn't not having a backbone mean your a coward? :S

Man.......... i really felting liking ****ing Tess on that plane and........ **cough cough** anywayzz...

Why are the writers turning Jimmy into the type of character which is not in the comics, he isn't acting like Jimmy, just another Smallville character. He doesn't act like that kid from any Superman universe who acts like a kid........... I don't like the dude's acting

Tess's schemes are starting out strong.

The non flying copout really annoyed me, though.
I'm actually happy that he didn't fly. I want him to fly at the right time, not in that type of situation. Something has to drive him to fly, like saving Chloe or Lois

I'm actually happy that he didn't fly. I want him to fly at the right time, not in that type of situation. Something has to drive him to fly, like saving Chloe or Lois

I agree completely. He shouldn't fly for the first time for something small like that just for the heck of it. His first flight should be almost epic, because someone he knows is in real danger.

I agreed with jimmy 100%...thats just F'ed up chloe
Chloe deserves that. It's kind of understandable that chloe doesn't reveal Clark's secret but Davis when she knows he's a serial Killer is low but I'm angry that Jimmy quit the Daily Planet

The Best use of CGI in this episode was

TurbulenceClarkPB.gif

Super Spin quick change in The daily Planet Phone booth

The Best use of CGI in this episode was

TurbulenceClarkPB.gif

Super Spin quick change in The daily Planet Phone booth

It would be totally awesome if someone could manip that gif to make him wear the Superman suit when he comes out :cwink:

Loved the stuff about Clark's wardrobe, actually. Thought it was kind of lame to have him carrying his "costume" around in a backpack, but, ah well. Boy's still learning, and all that. Loved the telephone booth change, as well as Chloe pointing out the bit of blue tee still visible under his business suit. That was sweet. :)

But, as my roommate loves to point out (and I laugh when he does), there seems to be a particular bit of logic missing... Clark has worn that blue shirt, red jacket outfit for years. Years. Hell, even last episode, he was walking down the street in PLAIN SIGHT of all of Metropolis wearing it. And yet... nobody bats an eye? Why, then, would Clark even need to have dual wardrobes? I guess it becomes an issue when its convenient for the writers to make it one...

That said, loved some of the art direction last week. Clark in the red and blue, against the much more muted Metropolis set and wardrobes of other characters & background folk... awesome. :up:

Man.......... i really felting liking ****ing Tess on that plane and........ **cough cough** anywayzz...

my thoughts exactly :p

Why are the writers turning Jimmy into the type of character which is not in the comics, he isn't acting like Jimmy, just another Smallville character. He doesn't act like that kid from any Superman universe who acts like a kid........... I don't like the dude's acting

make it more compelling than just some kid who looks up to superman, which im actually wondering when he'll start liking Clark.

Loved the stuff about Clark's wardrobe, actually. Thought it was kind of lame to have him carrying his "costume" around in a backpack, but, ah well. Boy's still learning, and all that. Loved the telephone booth change, as well as Chloe pointing out the bit of blue tee still visible under his business suit. That was sweet. :)

yeah that was a good moment but would anyone notice?

But, as my roommate loves to point out (and I laugh when he does), there seems to be a particular bit of logic missing... Clark has worn that blue shirt, red jacket outfit for years. Years. Hell, even last episode, he was walking down the street in PLAIN SIGHT of all of Metropolis wearing it. And yet... nobody bats an eye? Why, then, would Clark even need to have dual wardrobes? I guess it becomes an issue when its convenient for the writers to make it one...

That said, loved some of the art direction last week. Clark in the red and blue, against the much more muted Metropolis set and wardrobes of other characters & background folk... awesome. :up:

hahha yeah i didn't really think of that and plus haven't the daily planet workers seen him wear that everytime he's come in to see Chloe.

yea clark needs ollie to make him a sweet costume that can fit under his work cloths.

well it might be all fine and dandy that Clark can jump out oif a plane and survive the impact of hitting the ground, but Tess's bones would have been shattered in his arms, her neck broken as her head snaps downwards..ect.

There have been a lot of "plot holes" (if that's what you want to call them) the last few episodes.

well it might be all fine and dandy that Clark can jump out oif a plane and survive the impact of hitting the ground, but Tess's bones would have been shattered in his arms, her neck broken as her head snaps downwards..ect.

There have been a lot of "plot holes" (if that's what you want to call them) the last few episodes.

Well actually I believe I read somewhere that Clark has some kind of aura around him, which extends to people he's holding, that protects them from injury. Just like his clothes don't wear out so fast when he's super-speeding around. If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

You're questioning the logic about his wardrobe? In the comics he hides behind a pair of glasses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"