86th Annual Academy Awards (2014) - Part 2

I'm surprised that there hasn't been any video of Evans, Hemsworth and Jackson being asked about Avengers 2 or even Evans and Jackson about the Winter Soldier.

Batkid is old news & really had no point being there

Last edited:
Batkid was nice when it happened, but I had forgotten all about it until this news came about.

I'm not gonna make a judgment on Garfield about this, because magazines inventing or at least greatly exaggerating stories about actor "tantrums" is nothing new. None of us will ever know what happened behind-the-scenes.

I always thought that Blanchett should've won a Best Actress Oscar for her movie Elizabeth instead of losing to Helen Hunt that year. The Academy totally screwed it up.

Blanchett (Elizabeth) lost to Gwyneth Paltrow (Shakespeare in Love).

I don't think Garfield storming off would really cancel the whole thing....I mean Batman himself was nominated for Best Actor and he was there. They could have had him anoint him batkid...which would have been cooler anyways.

Still, Thompson on Hollywood could just say "Cate Blanchett will be fine" and not have to go into detail on her career after Oscar.

I don't think Garfield storming off would really cancel the whole thing....I mean Batman himself was nominated for Best Actor and he was there. They could have had him anoint him batkid...which would have been cooler anyways.

It is highly possible they did ask Bale and he just declined, he's done altogether with being Batman.

Bale makes no secret of hating every second of awards shows anyway.

Affleck didn't even want to go to the main ceremony. He met up with Garner at the Vanity Fair after party.

Not sure what to make of that whole Batkid thing, I mean one way or another someone let down a 5 year old with cancer by getting his hopes and pulling the plug on the segment. I find it hard to believe it was Garfield as Bale was there and could easily have stood in for him.

As for the Ellen stuff all being a work, I figured everyone knew that as nothing on this kind of show is off the cuff, everything is micro managed down to the last detail.

Not sure if you've seen Lincoln, but many of the most vociferous DEMOCRATS who were the antagonists in the film did so because of those very economic interests. The young, good-looking and eloquent Democrat in the film was Fernando Wood, who represented a constituency in New York, I believe.

Which begs the question why a Democrat from New York would support slavery. It was because he was also a relatively wealthy businessman, involved in shipping, particularly shipping to and from the southern cotton producers.

I did see Lincoln but watched it virtually comatose as I frankly found it very dull. Interesting to note that part though, it feels like there is a lot more cinematic potential to delve into as regards slavery in the US.

It is highly possible they did ask Bale and he just declined, he's done altogether with being Batman.

Bale makes no secret of hating every second of awards shows anyway.

But Bale has proven that he's more than willing to do things for sick kids and for charity. And there were at least 3 other hero actors on the premises at the time. The NY Post story doesn't add up, frankly.

I read somewhere that Emma had a personal family emergency and Andrew wanted to be with her so that's why they both skipped.

I think it just time constraints though and the producers just used Garfield's absence as a scapegoat.

Last edited:
But Bale has proven that he's more than willing to do things for sick kids and for charity. And there were at least 3 other hero actors on the premises at the time. The NY Post story doesn't add up, frankly.

Not enough time to rehearse after what they were going for didn't work out, and by the way I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that Batkid has kicked the cancer and is now cancer free.

Not enough time to rehearse after what they were going for didn't work out, and by the way I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that Batkid has kicked the cancer and is now cancer free.

Really? How elabourate would that segment have been?

I think it just time constraints though and the producers just used Garfield's absence as a scapegoat.

This is what I think. There's just too many simple solutions to the 'Garfield left' angle. Bale's shown he's more than happy to use his old Batman persona to lighten up a sick kid several times, I really doubt he'd say no. And even if he did, you really think Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Samuel L. Jackson and heck if they are desperate, Rocket Bradley Cooper would all say no to a five year old kid? I'm cynical, but not that cynical. I think they decided to cut that from the show due to time constraints, someone in the media caught wind of it and thought 'really? Of all the things you cut out, you cut out the five year old kid?' and they realized that it probably would look bad, so they used Garfield's absence as an excuse.

Either way I have no problem that it didn't happen it's the Oscars and they plan segments every year and sometimes they don't work out for whatever reason and they get scrapped, I think to many of the news articles are stating in their headline "garfield throws tantrum storms out of oscars" obviously that gets more reads than a more subtle headline, but still ridiculous nonetheless.

Updated:

Now this is more like it. After a segment featuring Andrew Garfield and "Batkid" Miles Scott was cut from the Oscars on Sunday, March 2, Garfield opted to spend the day with Miles and his family at Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif.

PHOTOS: Celebs visit Disney theme parks

"Due to the nature of a live show, hard decisions sometimes must be made which require the Academy to cut segments due to the logistics of production," a rep for the Academy told Fox411 of why the planned bit was scrapped at the last second. "Andrew Garfield understood that his segment had to be omitted, and he drove to Disneyland on Monday to spend time with 5-year-old Miles Scott (Batkid) and his family."

PHOTOS: Best-dressed men at the Oscars

The Academy's statement comes on the heels of a report from the New York Post's Page Six, which claimed that Garfield backed out of the segment. A source reportedly told the site that "the Academy was going to make [Miles] an official superhero during the Oscar ceremony...but, in the middle of the dress rehearsal, Garfield decided he didn't like his lines."

PHOTOS: Stars as superheroes

The report further alleged that the Spider-Man actor "stormed off," leaving Miles' family "devastated." However, a story from the Hollywood Reporter claims the bit simply wasn't coming together. "Basically, because of the fluid nature of live TV production, ultimately the segment didn't work," an Academy rep explained. (Chris Evans was later brought in to present in Garfield's place.)

In any case, Batkid's experience in Hollywood isn't likely to be forgotten. How many kids can say they've spent a day at the happiest place on Earth with Spider-Man?

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...-scrapped-oscars-segment-201463#ixzz2vDRmLnJE
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

Last edited:
Some of the actors and films who were nominated for Oscars also were nominated for the lesser prestigious and more mainstream MTV Movie Awards today.

I know which is pretty cool but it's too bad MTV Movie Awards don't really mean all that much, just look at who some of the winners of those are.

I'm just surprised that there's so many nominations for 12 Years. Is that movie really that popular among Generation Text?

JLaw and Hutcherson are winning for Catching Fire anyways. It's going to be a big night for the latest addition to the Hunger Games.

Sandra Bullock got nominated for the wrong movie, at least for the MTV Movie Awards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"