88th Annual Academy Awards - Part 2

Nobody deserves an academy award more then someone else, it's all subjective. Politics play a huge role and we all have our favorites. I feel Todd Haynes deserved to win, but he wasn't even nominated! I personally loved it when Almodovar won all those years ago because he's my favorite, but beyond my own bias it means nothing in terms of what others think. Something as simple as not liking someone or being friends with someone nominated can influence the outcome beyond any performance criteria or artistic integrity.

Oh I know it's all subjective, like I read from someone (don't remember if it was here), but you how do you really win an award, do you count how many tears an actor cried?

But my point is, yes Inarritu is pretentious, but who ****ing cares, who in Hollywood isn't pretentious? He earned the right to be pretentious. Him talking about the conditions that he worked in? Ok, so what, dude is from Mexico, people here from Texas flip their **** if an inch of snow falls on the ground. And him fighting with his co stars, ok so what, that's between them, they're grown ass people, I'm sure they settled things on their own.

This, coming on a message board, complaining about him is silly. Move on.

This may be the most deliberately obtuse thing I've ever heard from you, and that is saying quite a lot.

Dropping basketball terminology, it's reverse racism. It's demanding preferential treatment when there are no signs of bigotry or racism to begin with. Demanding someone else give you more will never stop. It was a clunky Oscars that took a message and beat it over everyone's head for 3 hours. I'm ok with making the voting pool more diverse to reflect this Country but demanding guilt nominations and more quality movies given to a single certain group is ridiculous. Awards are subjective anyways. Someone is always going to feel cheated or slighted every year. Then again it's Hollywood where Leo can scold us over the environment and spend a week on a yacht that burns more fossil fuels than my car does in a year.

But also, the NBA is racist if Hollywood is racist.

Last edited:
Well he's not the only one who despises CBMs.

A bigger backlash against superhero movies is coming.

Pretentious Hollywood folk have been whining about superhero films ever since they started being huge. I don't expect anyone who hasn't already made their views know to come out and be like "Hey, Innaratuu hates them, so now I'm going to hate them too". And none of this is relevant to their box office performance.

Besides, Alan Moore has said equally as ignorant and offensive things about comic book films, and nobody ever seems to care.

But also, the NBA is racist if Hollywood is racist.

How?! You can't compare the NBA to Hollywood - there's nothing subjective about sports like acting or movies.

One thing about Iñárritu is for sure: that guy, without his MVP (Lubezki) is nothing.
Iñárritu sans Chivo. Nothing?
Amores perros- Academy Award nominated; Best Foreign Language Film, BAFTA Best Film Not in the English Language
21 Grams - Directors Guild of Great Britain Nominated - Outstanding Directorial Achievement in International Film, Independent Spirit Awards
Special Distinction Award.
DGGB Award Outstanding Directorial Achievement in International Film
Babel - Palme d'Or Best Director, Golden Globe Best Motion Picture, Academy Award nominations; Best Picture, Best Director.
Biutiful - Academy Awards nominated: Best Foreign Language Film, BAFTA Nominated; Best Foreign Language Film, Golden Globe Awards Nominated; Best Foreign Language Film, Cannes Film Festival Nominated Palme d'Or.

That said, Chivo is the man!

Last edited:
One thing about Iñárritu is for sure: that guy, without his MVP (Lubezki) is nothing. He used to be barely above average when he worked with Prieto, but now that his head is in the clouds and think he's God's gift to filmmaking, take Chivo away from him and wait to see him crash and burn.

I have yet to watch any of his films before The Revenant (even Birdman), but weren't they all criticaly loved? I remember Babel even having quite a following.

Lol people pissed off at what Iñarritu said. Who really cares, how does it affect anyone's lives if he hates CBMs and the way he described them.

Because it's comic books. Not Mein Kampf. People need to calm the **** down when a piece of art is popular that they don't like. Plus it still effects how comic books and their films are perceived by society. I'd say the battle is for the most part won (more in the sense that money talks), but there's still people who look down on it dismissively. There's still a stigma from the ignorant that comic books are for children and adults reading them are childish.

Because it's comic books. Not Mein Kampf. People need to calm the **** down when a piece of art is popular that they don't like. Plus it still effects how comic books and their films are perceived by society. I'd say the battle is for the most part won (more in the sense that money talks), but there's still people who look down on it dismissively. There's still a stigma from the ignorant that comic books are for children and adults reading them are childish.

And that's what it comes down to, the people that are ignorant about it are too few and far between.

Plus it's not like he's the only major Hollywood guy that's said anything about CBMs. I've heard plenty talk down to them.

And at the end of the day, what really counts is the majority of people that are making these movies billion dollar blockbusters and have major Hollywood actors, actresses and directors wanting to make these know these aren't for kids and the genre isn't childish, but are to be taken serious. Unless ofcourse you're in the business to make artsy movies and don't care for the money but the awards.

Who cares what some hollywood D-bag said about anything? There all idiots and A holes who could care less about us the people who pay to see there work.

Sure its ok to be a fan but lets not prop them up on some stand. Even gosling and pitt are idiots for fighting for caged chicken eggs with all the issues in the world.

Oh I know it's all subjective, like I read from someone (don't remember if it was here), but you how do you really win an award, do you count how many tears an actor cried?

But my point is, yes Inarritu is pretentious, but who ****ing cares, who in Hollywood isn't pretentious? He earned the right to be pretentious. Him talking about the conditions that he worked in? Ok, so what, dude is from Mexico, people here from Texas flip their **** if an inch of snow falls on the ground. And him fighting with his co stars, ok so what, that's between them, they're grown ass people, I'm sure they settled things on their own.

Why do people care that people care? Why do people care if someone wins or doesn't win an award? We're all here on a message board called Super Hero Hype, it stands to reason that a lot of people will be offended when someone attacks or critiques the genre. I'm sure there are plenty of directors I love that don't like the comic book genre or any blockbuster genre out there for that matter, but it doesn't bother me in the least. We all like what we like and who we like. What Iñárritu, Dan Gilroy, Steven Spielberg, Ron Howard or anyone thinks regarding the genre holds no influence over me. This kind of dialogue has been going around Hollywood for decades, it's the circle of life.

The question was asked about why there is a sudden hate out there (in some circles) for Iñárritu, so people gave suggestions. I think he's a huge talent although I personally wouldn't consider him as one of my inspirations.

Last edited:

As opposed to coming on a message board and nitpicking the hell out of movies made out of comic books? All things considered, if we are to measure silliness, calling out a pretentious tryhard for being exactly that shouldn't even register in the relevant tiers.

Leave Iñarritu Alone! He's Mexican!

We're proud of him ok?

:csad: :oldrazz:

Last edited:
*casually steps out of slowly enflaming thread*

Leave Iñarritu Alone! He's Mexican!

We're proud of him ok?

:csad: :oldrazz:

You guys have quite a few directors to be proud of. And I don't mind Iñarritu's ego; that sometimes comes with talent. Hell, at any given time Tarantino is basically one misstep away from disappearing up his own anus, but I'm still a fan.

If Tom Hardy wasn't awesome enough, here's a small story that's worthy of attention.

Tom Hardy Wife: Why She Took So Long In The Bathroom At The Oscars

You all might think this is just basic stuff, but seriously, a lot of men won't personally bring their wife to the ladies room so she can pump her milk, and patiently wait outside for her. That's a good husband there.

They have such a good marriage, that I'm almost going to feel guilty when my seduction of Tom is complete. Almost.

I only read the hotlinked part and assumed....something else. Then I read the rest. I was disappointed it didn't match what I had thought. But it's still nice. Hardy a nice bloke.

Being a gentleman? Snore. :o

Yeah. Hardy should treat her like crap and twist her wrists.

That's how Korean dramas do it. :o:o

tumblr_o3drk2FxjB1saqgydo1_500.png

It looks like he's proposing.

*cues up new fan fiction*

I kinda wanna see Leo Dicaprio as Lucky, Tom Hardy as Dusty and Tobey Maguire as Ned in a reboot of The Three Amigos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"