85th Annual Academy Awards (2013) - Part 2

OvlZjRl.jpg
Poor Leo :csad:

Also also, the Directors Guild (membership: about 14,000) is much larger than the directors contingent within the academy. So that helps explain how Affleck got the DGA award.
This also explains how Nolan was nominated for the DGA three times yet never an Oscar. Those 300 directors within the academy probably doesn't care for him.

In the animated short catergory when was The Simpsons short ever shown? Sundance? select theaters?

It played before Ice Age last summer. And they showed it again this past week on Fox.

It'd be awesome if Leo were to be in Interstellar and that happens to be the movie in which he gets the Oscar for Best Actor and Nolan for Best Director.

#major pipedream as it's a sci-fi movie and that alone prohibits it of winning an oscar.

It'd be awesome if Leo were to be in Interstellar and that happens to be the movie in which he gets the Oscar for Best Actor and Nolan for Best Director.

#major pipedream as it's a sci-fi movie and that alone prohibits it of winning an oscar.

Now you're learning. :o

I guess a bunch of people are angry over the boob song. Someone tweeted this to Seth's twitter: "Why Seth MacFarlane's Oscars were mean spirited and misogynistic, coming up next after our review of the worst dressed women."

What's so impressive about the cutting hand thing? Martin Sheen at the beginning of Apocalypse Now was truely drunk and actually smashed the glass with his fist and insisted filming continue as he bled, the breakdown was also a real emotion Martin was experiencing, not a show of acting. He didn't get a nom either. I guess when you are too real, you don't get awards for the best fakery.

Playing through the pain is an impressive thing, period. A lot of people would just stop if they hurt themselves during a scene unless they were just that intent on not ****ing up the flow.

Yeah that's not really spectacular....SLJ was really mauled by a velociraptor in Jurassic Park...he played through the scene

Yeah that's not really spectacular....SLJ was really mauled by a velociraptor in Jurassic Park...he played through the scene

Come on, man, you must know that wasn't really a velociraptor. They couldn't afford one, so they put a mask and fangs on a hadrosaur instead.

I guess a bunch of people are angry over the boob song. Someone tweeted this to Seth's twitter: "Why Seth MacFarlane's Oscars were mean spirited and misogynistic, coming up next after our review of the worst dressed women."

Oh the irony... :funny:

:lmao:

All I kept reading the next day was how I was supposed to be offended by the way he joked about women in the show...but I was cracking up at the boobs song, so I guess I just didn't take anything he said too seriously.

I didn't mind the boob song, I thought it was very humorous song but I can't tell other women what jokes to like. His humor is easy and silly and non PC. I've disliked some of his joke because I found them to mean but he was tame as **** at the Oscars. If they were offended about that they better never watch Family Guy or it's spin-off shows.

I thought his funniest joke of the night was the Sound of Music spoof when he introduced Christopher Plummer.

I'm not a Family Guy fan, and I get where some of the complaints are coming from, but I just never took him seriously.

The boob song was suppose to be offensive because the sketch was about him ruining the Oscars as foretold by Shatner

the boob joke also makes sense in the context of the oscars. since there is a cliche that if you get nude you get an oscar. you know how sometimes actors get oscars for being nude.

and the part with Kate Winslet was the best. i cryed because it was true.

old people dont. they also think that Batman Begins is a sequel to Batman & Robin. hahahha :)

wait...it's not?

Actually, it is. At the beginning, the dream that Christian Bale wakes up from was supposed to be the last few minutes of B&R. In some cut dialogue, he goes, "What the **** was that BS?!".

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"