90th Annual Academy Awards - Part 2

I mind the length. My patience isn't pliable enough to take it if it's too big. It's okay to be smaller as long as the show knows how to use its length.

The academy needs to pound its entertainment value harder rather than artificially increasing its length. The climax needs to be swift and rock solid. Not flailing and soft and limping to a finish.

You taking subtlety lessons from our dear leader?

The academy needs to pound its entertainment value harder rather than artificially increasing its length. The climax needs to be swift and rock solid. Not flailing and soft and limping to a finish.

Sounds like what you're saying is...

The Rock and Taylor Swift should bone live on the Oscar stage. I'm all for it btw. Anything that will increase the ratings.

I don't know actually how you shrink the telecast down with 24 categories to get through. Average award takes, what? Maybe 6-7 minutes to get through, so you're looking at around 145-170 mins just for awards, add in a 3 minute commercial break every 15 minutes, so two awards per segment, that's an additional 36-40 mins for adds. Opening monologue about 10 mins. Even if you remove the songs, gags and montages you're still looking at around 3 and half hours for the telecast.

Well you don’t need to show every person winning every award.

Sounds like what you're saying is...

The Rock and Taylor Swift should bone live on the Oscar stage. I'm all for it btw. Anything that will increase the ratings.

Then she can write a song trashing how much he sucked later. It's a win-win.

Yeah you kinda do
Otherwise it's kinda like saying you're not important enough to be on TV

Yeah, which really annoys me with the Grammys because categories like Best Metal Performance (that I probably am most interested in) are done during the pre-show.

Ultimately, nobody is forced to watch. And clearly, many people aren't.

49F0948C00000578-5470139-image-a-6_1520372629778.jpg

Yeah you kinda do
Otherwise it's kinda like saying you're not important enough to be on TV

I think they’ll be okay. It’s not like they aren’t winning the award at all. And considering a lot of them work behind the scenes anyway, it wouldn’t be anything out of the ordinary.

It’s either that or cut the skits/musical performances, which would also be fine, but could potentially make the whole thing significantly less entertaining.

Thank you for bumping this thread with that intellectual comment. :o

Thank you for bumping this thread with that intellectual comment. :o

I would be happy to expound more fully on the narrative consequences of "gaying up" a couple of traditionally straight characters for problematic political purposes.

However, "yukk" seems to say the same thing more succinctly.

I would be happy to expound more fully on the narrative consequences of "gaying up" a couple of traditionally straight characters for problematic political purposes.

However, "yukk" seems to say the same thing more succinctly.

There you go. :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"