88th Annual Academy Awards - Part 2

I kinda wanna see Leo Dicaprio as Lucky, Tom Hardy as Dusty and Tobey Maguire as Ned in a reboot of The Three Amigos.

:lmao: I now can't get the image of the three of them holding that high note out of my head.

And that's what it comes down to, the people that are ignorant about it are too few and far between.

Plus it's not like he's the only major Hollywood guy that's said anything about CBMs. I've heard plenty talk down to them.

And at the end of the day, what really counts is the majority of people that are making these movies billion dollar blockbusters and have major Hollywood actors, actresses and directors wanting to make these know these aren't for kids and the genre isn't childish, but are to be taken serious. Unless ofcourse you're in the business to make artsy movies and don't care for the money but the awards.

I just get irked when people still have this attitude. I'm just very passionate about comic books as being recognized as a legitimate art form and literature. So when I see someone still stuck in this archaic mindset, it's just baffling. But yes, he's not going to effect Civil War coming out in May but I'm just curious if he's read a comic or seen a comic book movie in the past 15 years to support his opinions or if he was even open minded.

Mad Max is the film responsible for giving the most Oscars to women in History.

I just get irked when people still have this attitude. I'm just very passionate about comic books as being recognized as a legitimate art form and literature. So when I see someone still stuck in this archaic mindset, it's just baffling. But yes, he's not going to effect Civil War coming out in May but I'm just curious if he's read a comic or seen a comic book movie in the past 15 years to support his opinions or if he was even open minded.

This really sums up my opinion on the matter as well.

It's another case of hating the popular stuff. We've all done it.

Watching Creed again just makes me more upset that Sly didn't win.

Like I said before, allegorically it's actually fitting. Rocky is still the underdog. It was never about winning for him.

So does this mean that Leo can go make the fun popcorn movies?

I hope so. He needs to do a couple big stupid summer movies. Even some of his thespian brethren slum it like once a couple years.

Yeah I want to see Leo do a blockbuster now and just take it easy. Hopefully he doesn't get fat though after this.

Leo, Christian Bale, Jared Leto and Daniel Day-Lewis need to do an Expendables for method actors. They can spend years living as famous movie actors to research their roles.

Yeah I want to see Leo do a blockbuster now and just take it easy. Hopefully he doesn't get fat though after this.

Depends what's for you is defintion of blockbuster. If you are going just by box office money today only established franchises are making over $500M worldwide and they are top 10 highest grossing movies. Last year only the Martian got into top 10 (as 10th) without being franchise. And those movies are usually summer pop-corn flicks.

Leo focused last half of decade or more of his career to make movies which people will watch for great acting, scripts, directing, stand-alone movie basically Oscar worthy movies which compete for awards, to get what he always wanted - Oscar for leading role. Ofcourse those movies still made more than decent amount of money. But they are his legacy in movie cinema. And Leo before all of them was doing blockbusters (Titanic) which is 2nd highest grossing team of all time, and that was 2 decades ago.

I really wonder what Leo will decide to do now after he won the Oscar. Like I said he spend good chunk of his career to make Oscar worthy movies chasing awards. Will he continue do this, or he will start doing something new and different we will see.

Last edited:
From Iñárritu
I think Jenny Beavan is a masterful costume designer and very deserving of the Oscar for "Mad Max: Fury Road." By editing and omitting the full reality and suggesting I felt anything but admiration is mean-spirited and false. What you don’t see in the 10-second clip being circulated is my applause for Jenny as she ascended the stairs to the stage. I’ve learned a lot this awards season … that I should never cross my arms when I am sitting down.
:funny: My thinking as well :hehe: You have to be careful when in that position and there's that little thing called DVR & Vine out there.

giphy.gif

Even the lady who won Best Costume Design said she didn't clap hardly at all during the ceremony because of how much is involved ha. Since Iñárritu was caught in a small window not clapping everyone piled on more hate for some reason :funny:

Last edited:
Leo, Christian Bale, Jared Leto and Daniel Day-Lewis need to do an Expendables for method actors. They can spend years living as famous movie actors to research there roles.

When I read Expendables for method actors, I assumed that Leo, Christian, Jared, and Daniel would actually start there own mercenary group so they can prepare for Expendables 4.

From Iñárritu :funny: My thinking as well :hehe: You have to be careful when in that position and there's that little thing called DVR & Vine out there.

giphy.gif

Even the lady who won Best Costume Design said she didn't clap hardly at all during the ceremony because of how much is involved ha. Since Iñárritu was caught in a small window not clapping everyone piled on more hate for some reason :funny:

It wasn't the non-clapping that caught attention. It was the look on his face that made him look like he lost the Homecoming Queen title.

It wasn't the non-clapping that caught attention. It was the look on his face that made him look like he lost the Homecoming Queen title.
Ha yeah, I remember seeing some people mentioning that, but I guess they chose to ignore the other people in the audience with similar expressions too. All pretty silly to me really. If the guy happened to be yawning or checking his phone at that exact moment people would probably be saying the same thing :funny:

When I read Expendables for method actors, I assumed that Leo, Christian, Jared, and Daniel would actually start there own mercenary group so they can prepare for Expendables 4.

Lol, we don't actually want them to get killed for real!

Saw Spotlight. It was an IMPORTANT movie but no way was it the BEST movie, a distinction that I think the Academy keeps missing more and more. Best movie to me should be a balance of power everything: acting, story, fx, etc.

It does seem to me that the Oscars are getting easier to predict.

Hell, Scorsese's next film is already the front runner and Neeson will most likely win.

I don't this year was much less filled with forgone conclusions than previous years. Most of the guild awards went to different movies this year for example.

Saw Spotlight. It was an IMPORTANT movie but no way was it the BEST movie, a distinction that I think the Academy keeps missing more and more. Best movie to me should be a balance of power everything: acting, story, fx, etc.
The "best" movie is inherently subjective. I'd rate Spotlight as my fifth-place film of the year (fourth-place among English-language films, which are mainly what the Oscars are about).

Sadly, the MTV Movie Awards is starting to become the REAL Oscars for me, lol. :csad:

MOVIE OF THE YEAR
· Avengers: Age of Ultron (Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures)
· Creed (Warner Bros.)
· Deadpool (20th Century Fox)
· Jurassic World (Universal Pictures)
· Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures)
· Straight Outta Compton (Universal Pictures)

TRUE STORY
· Concussion (Columbia Pictures)
· Joy (20th Century Fox)
· Steve Jobs (Universal Pictures)
· Straight Outta Compton (Universal Pictures)
· The Big Short (Paramount Pictures)
· The Revenant (20th Century Fox)

BEST FEMALE PERFORMANCE
· Alicia Vikander – Ex Machina (A24)
· Anna Kendrick – Pitch Perfect 2 (Universal Pictures)
· Charlize Theron – Mad Max: Fury Road (Warner Bros.)
· Daisy Ridley – Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures)

· Jennifer Lawrence – Joy (20th Century Fox)
· Morena Baccarin – Deadpool (20th Century Fox)

BEST MALE PERFORMANCE
· Chris Pratt – Jurassic World (Universal Pictures)
· Leonardo DiCaprio – The Revenant (20th Century Fox)
· Matt Damon – The Martian (20th Century Fox)
· Michael B. Jordan – Creed (Warner Bros.)
· Ryan Reynolds – Deadpool (20th Century Fox)
· Will Smith – Concussion (Columbia Pictures)

BREAKTHROUGH PERFORMANCE
· Amy Schumer – Trainwreck (Universal Pictures)
· Brie Larson – Room (A24)
· Daisy Ridley – Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures)
· Dakota Johnson – Fifty Shades of Grey (Universal Pictures)
· John Boyega – Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures)
· O’Shea Jackson Jr. – Straight Outta Compton (Universal Pictures)

BEST HERO
· Charlize Theron – Mad Max: Fury Road (Warner Bros.)
· Chris Evans – Avengers: Age of Ultron (Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures)
· Dwayne Johnson – San Andreas (Warner Bros.)
· Jennifer Lawrence – The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 (Lionsgate)
· Paul Rudd – Ant-Man (Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures)

BEST VILLAIN
· Adam Driver – Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures)
· Ed Skrein – Deadpool (20th Century Fox)
· Hugh Keays-Byrne – Mad Max: Fury Road (Warner Bros.)
· James Spader – Avengers: Age of Ultron (Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures)
· Samuel L. Jackson – Kingsman: The Secret Service (20th Century Fox)
· Tom Hardy – The Revenant (20th Century Fox)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"