Days of Future Past Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weve gotten to know Iceman through three films, if they want to have him Ice up I would say more power to them. Its not like he came outta nowhere. Better to use him then a new character,even if hes not contributing as much. We will always have those kind of characters. If they use him, might as well give him some cool moments since he barely did anything action wise in the others.

Yeah Iceman is one of the safest characters that they can bring back to this movie. We all know that he was a supporting character in X2 and X3 so it wouldn't be such a big deal if he didn't get a big role in this movie. He wasn't killed or depowered in X3, so no need to explain why he's still with the X-Men.

both Iceman and Colossus are the easiest characters to get back without giving them a big role.

To x-men fans, just to see them again fighting vs sentinels would be such a pleasure, specially taking into account they havent gotten a great action sequence yet.

This is the perfect opportunity to give us all the real EPIC team sequence we all have been waiting since year 2000.

Yeah but remember the future has to look dark and bleak and most of the X-Men should be dead. It wouldn't have that same feeling if everyone is back and kicking...
but yeah a team fight against a Sentinel would be amazing.

the original franchise had many characters, so there will be dead mutants, dont worry, lol

but the future timeline needs a team, so it cant be Wolverine, Magneto and Xavier, you know? :D

One thing is for sure, we need at least one girl on the future.

Yes def, I'm betting on Jean in some form or another...and either Kitty or Rogue. I still don't know what would be better. On the one hand, the emotional impact of having Rogue and Wolverine run through a post apocalypse Sentinel bad place would be cool considering their friendship. On the other hand, real Kitty (Ellen Page) would pull in viewers and be kind of a fresh start. In fact, it would be kind of cool to have Wolverine and Kitty travel back in time and Kitty can be all "Wtf 1960s?"

yeah, I have the same conflict.

Wolverine and Rogue running and fighting sentinels would be ****ing amazing. specially if she uses the power from two mutants at the same time. can u imagine it? :wow:

but on other hand, Wolverine and a bit more mature Kitty/Ellen would be comic brought to life, and Kitty deserves another chance too

so, its a hard decision

We've had so much Jean. I think it's enough with her. If they can get Ellen, Kitty would be great. Wolverine alone would be too much Wolverine, IMO.

I would kill for a few minutes of punk!Storm though. It would make my life :D

agree about Jean. She is a great character, but other female roles need more development than her, I think.

She already has a cameo in The Wolverine, so Jean fans should be a bit happier with that.

DOFP definetly needs Kitty or Rogue. If both are left out, I will be really really dissapointed.

I have a feeling her Wolverine cameo has something to do with DOFP...

I really don't see how DOFP & The Wolverine tie into each other. Judging from the end of X3 and the synopsis of TW it seems like it's peace time and the remaining X-Men are living normal lives. I'm so confused unless through a surprise villain *cough* Apocalyspe *cough* and he's the cause of the f-up future. I agree the only characters I would like to see is Scott & Rogue they need to be done justice.

that's not a bad line up, Xavier, Wolverine, Scott & Rogue w/Magento while the others are dead or imprisoned...

I don't remember Rogue and Scott once interacting in the previous trilogy. I just can't see JUST those two with X, Mags and Wolvie.

Punk Storm or no Storm!

I don't remember Rogue and Scott once interacting in the previous trilogy. I just can't see JUST those two with X, Mags and Wolvie.

Punk Storm or no Storm!

Do you think Halle Berry could pull it off?

Halle Berry seems more like Goddess Storm, regal. Besides I couldn't see her in a mohawk.

I admit I haven't seen a lot of Halle's films so I'm not the best judge, but for the life of me I can't remember a single role of hers where regal would be a descriptor.

She's, however, played angry, badass a lot, from Monster's ball, and her Jinx character in that Bond flick. Her Storm would definitely fit more the Punk progression as opposed to the goddess mould.

Heck I can picture her telling Bryan to "Kiss my black ash!" Oh Halle...

If Bryan wants to make a great movie, Storm and Phoenix have to return.Famke eats the screen as Dark Phoenix and Halle is very important in the saga.Both Hugh Jackman is boring.

efjtbaq1vcz3v1zb.jpg

Last edited:
If Bryan wants to make a great movie, Storm and Phoenix have to return.Famke eats the screen as Dark Phoenix and Halle is very important in the saga.Both Hugh Jackman is boring.

I have mixed feelings about Halle returning. She certainly isn't important in any way to the storyline of the movies, but it would be nice to see as many of them back as possible. At the same time, I wouldn't mind if she died off screen. Famke/Jean is the leading lady of the original series, so I think it's more important that she return. With so many characters, there's no real time for much character development, so the film should rely on those characters who are the most developed already.

We have to remember that Fox is trying to follow Disney/Marvel's Avengers pattern of having characters pop up in various films. To me, it makes sense that Jean will appear in DOFP if she appears in the Wolverine film because it is a perfect opportunity to create a link/continuous universe between the films (which some credit as contributing to the Avengers huge success).

Since the storyarc had two male x-men and two females, appart from Rachel, I think I would be happy with the same formula on this sequel, one older male, Hugh, and a younger member, like Bobby or Colossus, and the same with the girls, a woman, like Halle or Famke, and a younger like Kitty or Rogue.

It would be a great balance, I think.

Last edited:
double post

Last edited:

I don't see how having Halle come back would make the new film "a great movie". To be honest it's the only casting news I hope doesn't happen.

well i love storm so i hope she comes back only way a new actor gets storm is if fox totally reboots franchise and that aint happening for atleast 8 years lol

They don't need to reboot the franchise to recast Storm. If they continue with the First Class films, after Days of Future Past, they can potentially reintroduce Storm and recast her then.

and i highly doubt that is gonna happen they want to do x4-x5 lol

They don't need to reboot the franchise to recast Storm. If they continue with the First Class films, after Days of Future Past, they can potentially reintroduce Storm and recast her then.

Yeah, I think thats the best way to handle it.

It seems from looking at your posts I'm one of the small minority that actually was not bothered with Halle's portrayal of Storm and would actually like her to come back In Days of Future Past. I would love it if she were the next casting announcement but I guess producers will be seeing comments like yours and may decide against bringing her back.

As for recasting the character with a younger actress that will be introduced in the first class era. I don't see that happening with Days if future past unless they set the film in the eighties which I doubt they would. I could see them introducin her in a first class sequel after DoFP but I really REALLY want Storm to be in Days of Future Past. I mean this is the most ambitious X-Men movie and she deserves to be involved in it especially since she was involved in the comic and in every animated adaptation of the story.

It's not like it would be hard to write her character in. In the comics Storm had just been named leader by Professor X and was just developing her leadership skills and her sense of judgment and she was strugling with making good hasty decisions. In the movieverse Storm has just been made leader so adapting the same storyline that they had for her in the comic wouldn't be so hard would it?

I think it depends partly on where they are going with the franchise after DoFP. Are there going to be more stories set in the past, with scope for younger versions of Storm, Cyclops, etc? Are they going to have a changed future so that Marsden's Cyclops can suddenly be alive and where Halle can also be back as Storm?

There's a question mark over Halle's Storm appearing in DoFP, judging from comments on here and all the talk that Bryan won't want to work with her

It will partly depend on whether Halle herself wants to come back for what won't be a pivotal role in the story, but more of the usual (special effects visuals).

Three returning actors (Stewart, McKellen, Jackman) doesn't sound like many, and only two of those play characters who can fight against Sentinels (Xavier's telepathy is useless against Sentinels).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"