Days of Future Past Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well If fox wants to keep the Last Stand In cannon CYclops won't be in future part.If you
want Cyclops In days of future Past(I don't think Bryan will go further than a few years Later In the past part) you should hope The Last Stand Is ignored.

Depends if it's an alternate future.

If he has talked to marvel about this he may have been told by Bryan Cyclops won't be in
DOFP.

Depends if it's an alternate future.

People can't have It both ways.If they keep the last Stand In cannon that
means fuutre with sentinles Is original post X trilogy and the Wolverine futre
before the time travel plot to prevent future Is launched.

Bryan Singer Is going to want to keep things as simple as possable.

People can't have It both ways.If they keep the last Stand In cannon that
means fuutre with sentinles Is original post X trilogy and the Wolverine futre
before the time travel plot to prevent future Is launched.

Bryan Singer Is going to want to keep things as simple as possable.

Well, we'll have to wait and see what happens with casting.

The Jean Grey appearance in The Wolverine may just be a memory or flashback by Logan, but it could be any number of things.

We're only speculating because we don't know what path they have chosen.

But I think the general public would be baffled by the reappearance of Cyclops, Jean or Xavier, or even a repowered Rogue or Magneto, unless there is some explanation given.

At the end of the day, it's down to Singer, the producers and the studio (and maybe Millar too) to decide the best way forward.

Well, we'll have to wait and see what happens with casting.

The Jean Grey appearance in The Wolverine may just be a memory or flashback by Logan, but it could be any number of things.

We're only speculating because we don't know what path they have chosen.

But I think the general public would be baffled by the reappearance of Cyclops, Jean or Xavier, or even a repowered Rogue or Magneto, unless there is some explanation given.

At the end of the day, it's down to Singer, the producers and the studio (and maybe Millar too) to decide the best way forward.

Unless whoever comes from the future comes to a time before X3 when they were either still alive or powered. That way it won't ignore X3 as such, but just would be taking place before that happened. However, once the timeline is played around with, things would change and X3 might never transpire. I don't think the audience would have a problem realising that it's at a point in history when those characters are still alive and not that they've suddenly been resurrected, especially if the future traveller looks at where to travel back to and picks that period.

Unless whoever comes from the future comes to a time before X3 when they were either still alive or powered. That way it won't ignore X3 as such, but just would be taking place before that happened. However, once the timeline is played around with, things would change and X3 might never transpire. I don't think the audience would have a problem realising that it's at a point in history when those characters are still alive and not that they've suddenly been resurrected, especially if the future traveller looks at where to travel back to and picks that period.

Okay...so you're suggesting a time-jump to a period in the X1-X2 timeframe. So how does the 60s setting of First Class factor in? That would need another time-jump.

I have no problem with your suggestion. Or, for that matter, with seeing the return of Xavier, Jean and Cyclops, and a repowered Rogue and Magneto, as long as there is a logical explanation (hopefully one that's clearly stated or is very obvious!)

I wonder how/if The Wolverine will affect DOFP. It would be neat to have a little crossover nod like if Logan has a samurai sword or something, maybe Silver Samurai's.

But if this movie is ignoring X3 then Singer can basically re-do failed scenes like Jean rising from the lake. Though I think if we just open with an alternate timeline it would allow for much more flexibility.

OR be post X3 and somehow send Xavier's mind back to his younger body. After all he's in a coma right? It would be cool to see Jean in Phoenix-flames standing over Xavier, sending his mind back in time.

Last edited:
People are wanting them to go way too complicated than they need to be.At the same time you have to give them some leaveway.Of course sometimes filmmakers insult intelligence with leaway

The ending of Last Stand already opened the door for mutants powers to return and for Xavier's return.They don't need to dwell on It.Bryan Singer Isn't going to want to call
attention to the Last Stand.

If James Marsden has met with marvel on GOG that suggests he has been told Cyclops
won't be In DOFP.

Having rewatched X2 It's amazing how much promise there was for the future after that superb film and then It got so screwed to hell with Last Stand.

I wonder how/if The Wolverine will affect DOFP. It would be neat to have a little crossover nod like if Logan has a samurai sword or something, maybe Silver Samurai's.

But if this movie is ignoring X3 then Singer can basically re-do failed scenes like Jean rising from the lake. Though I think if we just open with an alternate timeline it would allow for much more flexibility.

OR be post X3 and somehow send Xavier's mind back to his younger body. After all he's in a coma right? It would be cool to see Jean in Phoenix-flames standing over Xavier, sending his mind back in time.

If fox allows Singer to throw out the Last Stand jean's cameo In the wolverine might be wolverine returing to mansion to discover a returned jean.

If the last stand remains In cannon they won't be having Patrick Stewert just In coma.Now It's possibly that In homage to original comic Xavier switches his mind with younger self In trying to prevent the future with sentinles.

If James Marsden has met with marvel on GOG that suggests he has been told Cyclops
won't be In DOFP.

I noticed James Marsden's name wasn't among those shouted out by Patrick Stewart when he talked about returning actors.

But we just don't know. Someone should ask Singer on Twitter if Marsden is in or out!

Actually, I think Mei Melancon from X3 was perfectly okay as Psylocke - she had the hair, the crimson face mark, the acting seemed fine for what was a very limited role. Whether we see that actress in that role again is another matter. They're likely to get a British Psylocke in future to distance themselves from the X3 version!

I hated the purple streaks and the short hair! So I really hope they ignore X3 Psylocke and just introduce her again in another movie just like Emma Frost.

Last time I checked Angelina is not Asian. :oldrazz: But if you were going for British Psylocke...Angelina with Brit accent in Tomb Raider? *shudders*

Maybe they could introduce Psylocke as a British woman, then kill her off so she could move to Kwannon's body. That could be interesting to watch.

Cyclops fans:

James Marsden is on the list for a character on Guardians of the Galaxy by Marvel.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/mar...m_medium=email&utm_campaign=breakingnewsalert

Lets see what happens and if Bryan and Fox will confirm him back or not.

I like James Marsden but I hope he won't come back yet for another X-Men movie. I think if all of the characters who died/depowered in X3 came back for DOFP, it would just to be too much.

I just hope the First Class cast doesn't get completely sidelined for the returning old guard.

I hated the purple streaks and the short hair! So I really hope they ignore X3 Psylocke and just introduce her again in another movie just like Emma Frost.

Maybe they could introduce Psylocke as a British woman, then kill her off so she could move to Kwannon's body. That could be interesting to watch..

The purple streaks were going in the right direction at least, and the hair was understandably short and punky/goth to fit in with the look of the mutant underground community that joined Magneto's army. But I'd like the proper long, totally purple hair from the comics, to be honest.

Psylocke deserves a larger role, so shoehorning her into DoFP may not work (especially with Xavier and Emma already having psychic powers). Psylocke needs to be in a future film.

I like James Marsden but I hope he won't come back yet for another X-Men movie. I think if all of the characters who died/depowered in X3 came back for DOFP, it would just to be too much.

I think it just depends on how much screen time they have. I don't think Cyclops will be DOFP though.

Okay...so you're suggesting a time-jump to a period in the X1-X2 timeframe. So how does the 60s setting of First Class factor in? That would need another time-jump.

I have no problem with your suggestion. Or, for that matter, with seeing the return of Xavier, Jean and Cyclops, and a repowered Rogue and Magneto, as long as there is a logical explanation (hopefully one that's clearly stated or is very obvious!)

Probably. Isn't that what happened at least in the cartoon version of Days of Future Past? Weren't there several time jumps to different time periods? So after travelling to the time frame of X1-X2, whoever it is needs to go even further back when he/she realises the answer lies even further. Or maybe, instead of one person being sent back and doing several time jumps, two people are sent back but are separated and one ends up in the X1/X2 timeframe and one in the 60s, and they need to try to not only undo any damage but be reunited again. It might be a bit like that ST:TOS episode "All our yesterdays" where Spock and McCoy ended up on an ice age planet and Kirk in the 13th century, both through time travel of sorts, and they both needed to get back to the 23rd century.

Or it could be like that ST: DS9 episode "Past Tense" where Sisko, Dax and Bashir get stuck in the past, and then O'Brien and Kira have to try several different time jumps to different periods to try to find them because they aren't exactly sure where they ended up.

Psylocke deserves a larger role, so shoehorning her into DoFP may not work (especially with Xavier and Emma already having psychic powers). Psylocke needs to be in a future film.

Yes, the cast of Days of Future Past seems already big and they have yet to announce or mention which new characters are going to be in the movie. I don't think Psylocke will have a proper introduction if they included her as one of the new characters in DOFP. So they should save her for X-Men 4.

I think it just depends on how much screen time they have. I don't think Cyclops will be DOFP though.

I hope he is. Will shall see. He needs at least one film where he gets to shine.

I think they should get James Marsden before he gets snatched away by Disney for that ghastly Guardians movie!

Singer can find a way to incorporate him somehow.

I just hope they handle Havok, Banshee and Emma well in DoFP. I don't want Banshee and Havok to just disappear from the plot with no explanation or are quickly killed off in some lazy writing.

Last edited:
I think they should get James Marsden before he gets snatched away by Disney for that ghastly Guardians movie!

But Cyclops already died in X3. At least there's a reason why Magneto and Professor X can still come back. At the end of X3, Magneto is still alive and it looked like his powers were starting to return, even he's still powerless, he's still Magneto. Professor X's mind went to a different body. Bringing back all the major characters that were already killed or depowered is just too much. They are putting so many characters, it sounds exciting right now but I'm afraid, this is gonna be one of the major criticisms when the movie is out.

The returning characters that should appear in DOFP:
Future X-Men: Professor X, Magneto, Wolverine, Storm and small cameos from Rogue, Iceman, Colossus and Angel
60s X-Men: Professor X, Magneto, Mystique, Havok, Banshee, Beast, Emma Frost

Thats already 11 (without counting the cameos I listed). And of course there will be new characters. They should be careful on picking who should return.

We should take into account guys, that is the the biggest and more complex x-men movie TO DATE, so the cast will be big too.

Its like expecting to addapt Lord of the rings with just 8 characters.

The future timeline will need more than just 4 characters, that would be too simple and their powers wont be usefull to make one character to travel back in time. And yes, cameos dont count as characters. We cant expect Bryan and Fox to repeat the same formula than X2, with a storyarc such as Days of future past. This movie is on a whole different level than X1-X2 or FC.

The timeline from the future woulnt feel epic with just Logan and Storm as main characters. We need a team, and a great ballance. Not Logan & Storm and their friends as small cameos. That would be X3 same mistake, and Im sure thats not what fans want.

Last edited:
I'd love to see characters like Ice Man and Angel, but their casting was all wrong :o

Now that Millar has confirmed that The Wolverine has connections to DoFP and if the Jean Grey cameo is true, I can't see her not returning for DoFP.

I have confidence that at, the least, the main actors of Singer's cast will be back for the future sequences (Marsden, Berry, Paquin, Janssen). I think it is certain that Romijn will be back since Mystique is in FC.

I remember when all the doubters said there will never be a post X3 movie because it would be too expensive to reunite the cast, they're too old etc. lol

I'd love to see characters like Ice Man and Angel, but their casting was all wrong :o

what was wrong with angel:huh: ben foster looked just like him and is a good actor and not his fault his role in x3 was to fly in and save his dad lol

Nothing wrong with the casting. Their characterisation and portrayal may have been lacking in some areas (Iceman too serious and didn't do enough with his powers, Angel too small a role and didn't wear the uniform indicated in the publicity pictures). But it would be good if they are trying to get them in the film.

But Cyclops already died in X3. At least there's a reason why Magneto and Professor X can still come back. At the end of X3, Magneto is still alive and it looked like his powers were starting to return, even he's still powerless, he's still Magneto. Professor X's mind went to a different body. Bringing back all the major characters that were already killed or depowered is just too much. They are putting so many characters, it sounds exciting right now but I'm afraid, this is gonna be one of the major criticisms when the movie is out.

The returning characters that should appear in DOFP:
Future X-Men: Professor X, Magneto, Wolverine, Storm and small cameos from Rogue, Iceman, Colossus and Angel
60s X-Men: Professor X, Magneto, Mystique, Havok, Banshee, Beast, Emma Frost

Thats already 11 (without counting the cameos I listed). And of course there will be new characters. They should be careful on picking who should return.

Well, maybe Cyclops ends up alive as a result of altering the timeline? Or maybe we get a new, younger version join the team? I think it would be good to include the character at some point and give him a solid portrayal as team leader. Many of the fans' complaints centre on the use/misuse of Cyclops in this franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"