Days of Future Past Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was same thing with first X-Men.They had to finish all scenes Involving Ian by December
of 1999(they started filming In September) so he could go home to London for christmas
before starting The Lord of the Rings In January 2000.For X2 they rearranged the schedule
to film all his scenes In 2 weeks.

And they used a double for some of the scenes in Magneto;s machine at the end of X1. It was fine until they showed the double's face when he was lying on the ground after Cyclops fired at him; it was obviously not McKellen in that scene.

They want us to keep guessing.In theory the first Class cast could all be back.They all signed multifilm deals.The question Is are they all In script.I seriously doudt Xavier,Magneto,Mystique,and Beast will be only returnees In 1960's part of film.

I have my suspecions knowing Bryan Singer and his work the future scenes may be closest we get to Bryan directed sequel to X-men and X2.Halle Berry could be left out In order for both james Marsden and Famke janssen to return.And Kitty's role could be given to Rogue so Anna Paquin could have decent role.It's also possable Bryan wants to
get as many main Characters from his films In film as possable so Even If both james and Famke are both In film Halle could also show up.

Besides Target of assassination I think the cast will mostly be returnes from first Class and Singer directed vets of X-Men trilogy.

They want us to keep guessing.In theory the first Class cast could all be back.They all signed multifilm deals.The question Is are they all In script.I seriously doudt Xavier,Magneto,Mystique,and Beast will be only returnees In 1960's part of film.

I have my suspecions knowing Bryan Singer and his work the future scenes may be closest we get to Bryan directed sequel to X-men and X2.Halle Berry could be left out In order for both james Marsden and Famke janssen to return.And Kitty's role could be given to Rogue so Anna Paquin could have decent role.It's also possable Bryan wants to
get as many main Characters from his films In film as possable so Even If both james and Famke are both In film Halle could also show up.

Besides Target of assassination I think the cast will mostly be returnes from first Class and Singer directed vets of X-Men trilogy.

It does seem likely this will be partly Singer's X3 and that he will want a lot of returning actors.

But they don't have to crowd them all into one film. Unless the story means that time travel is the only chance to bring in the original trilogy cast and blend them with the 60s cast.

It would be nice to see Jubilee developed into a full character, but there won't be room in this next film and she's not important enough. i'd also like to see Ben Foster's Angel (or even a recast Angel) but he's starting to look doubtful. So are new characters like Sunfire, Polaris and Thunderbird. And Ellen Page also seems doubtful, as she wasn't in a Singer film.

As well as the previously announced Magneto and Xavier, that leaves us with Jean, Storm, Cyclops, Rogue, Colossus, Iceman and Nightcrawler as the remaining possibilities, along with Mystique and Pyro. If it's an alternate future or they are just ignoring X3, any of them are possible. But I wonder if they would have Nightcrawler as well as Azazel.

Days of future Past should be viewed not as sequel to First Class but sequel to most X-men films.

For future scenes we know we have Xavier,Magneto,and Wolverine.If Rogue takes Kitty's place that gives us 4.Cyclops and Jean would make It 6.Mystique would make It 7,and then Storm would make It 8.That's enough characters for future part of film.I anticapte them bringing back the characters from first class that survived with Moira as question mark for now.with target of assassination and Rogue(or possibly Wolverine) physically traveling back In time that Is enough characters to focus on.

I consider Jubilee a poor man's Kitty.They have already given Kitty's role with X-man and relationship with Wolverine to Rogue.

Character's like Nightcrawler,Iceman,Colossus,and Pyro from X-Men/X2 may be left out for time and plus they need some characters to be dead In future.If Rogue does take Kitty's role they might use Iceman due to his relationship with Rogue.

If the future X-Men get signifiacantly less screentime than that of the first class xmen. (Hope not! would rather a 50/50 split) then they should go easy on the number of actors their bringing back or the future scenes will be crowded with too many returning xmen and would lack substance with respects to the whole dystopian, dead mutants, bad future concept

Days of future Past should be viewed not as sequel to First Class but sequel to most X-men films..

I think it should be viewed as a sequel to X-Men 3 and X-Men: First Class. Simply because they will have at least 5 characters from X3 and XFC. I also think DOFP is set after X3 (the future timeline) and after First Class (the past timeline).

Alan cumming wants to come back as Nightcrawler
http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=26891

We recently heard that Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen and possibly Hugh Jackman, James Marsden and Halle Berry will also return for the upcoming sequel to "X-Men: First Class," called "X-Men: Days of Future Past."

ComingSoon now caught up with Alan Cumming to find out if 20th Century Fox reached out to him to reprise his Nightcrawler role. "I haven’t gotten the call. Someone told me that Nightcrawler doesn't appear in the story, but I don't know, I think they would have called by now," he said. "I really like ['X2'] and everyone really responded to Nightcrawler, and enough time has elapsed that I would like to go back to [the franchise]."​

It would be interesting to see Nightcrawler return since "X-Men: First Class" featured both of the character's parents, who are Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence) And Azazel (Jason Flemyng).​

I don't know if they'll bring him back though. I don't know where he would fit.

As much as I want him back, I don't know how he'd fit into the story either, but this won't be a direct adaption so who knows?

Great to hear he actually wants to return, though.

Didn't AC whine about all the makeup and what an awful experience he had after X2? I'm surprised he'd want to return.

He didn't like the makeup but he was willing to return for third film.They choose not to
use Nightcrawler.Some have made It sound like he hated X2 when he has spoken well of film something few actors said about last Stand.

I loved Cummings Nightcrawler. I'm all for bringing him back. I'd also like to see Grammar back as Beast. Since we have young Beast in the past timeline, IMO it'd make sense to bring back an older Beast. That's just me though. I think it'll honestly depend on where they go with the story.

He should have a small part in the future, and then give him his origin in the 60s/70s. Show baby Nightcrawler...

Didn't AC whine about all the makeup and what an awful experience he had after X2? I'm surprised he'd want to return.

I think he had a problem with putting all the makeup and stuff on in X3 because he had a much smaller part in X3 than he did X2. He didn't want to go through all of the hours of makeup for such a small role.

It would be good if Cumming returned, even though others have argued he needs a proper comeback in another film to explain how he rejoined the X-Men. I agreed at the time.

On the other hand:

1) With mutant survivors banding together as rebels or being herded into camps in the dystopian future, it makes sense Nightcrawler would encounter the X-Men again and perhaps seek sanctuary with them. It would only need a line or two of dialogue.

2) Nightcrawler's portrayal in X2 is highly regarded and often quoted by fans as one of the best debuts, and even best action scenes, in a comic book movie. I think the majority want him back!

3) If the X-Men are to battle Sentinels in new and exciting ways, seeing Nightcrawler teleport their heads or legs off to bring them down would look great on screen.

4) The link with Azazel and Mystique as his parents could be hinted at, if not fully dealt with. The downside being that there would be two demonic teleporters within the film, as well as two Magnetos and two Xaviers.

Nightcrawler in the future would be just too perfect. Show him struggle with the violence of that dystopian world in contrast with his religious side. It'd be pretty rad IMHO.

I'm actually all for EVERYone returning... that'd just be mind-blowing

Hopefully Alan's recent shout-out gets him back

I'm actually all for EVERYone returning... that'd just be mind-blowing

That's gonna sound exciting if that happens but it will make the cast very large and bloated so I don't think its a good idea, I don't think it will help the story/movie especially with so many characters.

Nah don't bring everyone back. Part of DOFP is that a bunch of the X-Men are dead because the timeline got ****ed up after that dudes assassination. Bringing everyone back would be like "Oh I guess everything's not so bad, everyone seems to be fine."

That's gonna sound exciting if that happens but it will make the cast very large and bloated so I don't think its a good idea, I don't think it will help the story/movie especially with so many characters.

Well not everyone needs fleshed out

Nah don't bring everyone back. Part of DOFP is that a bunch of the X-Men are dead because the timeline got ****ed up after that dudes assassination. Bringing everyone back would be like "Oh I guess everything's not so bad, everyone seems to be fine."
I think so far, it's quite obvious this story won't be exactly the same. Essence yes... But that may be about it

Alan cumming returning as Nightcrawler????

I'm not too sure about that.....how are they going to address the mother/son relationship between Mystique and Nightcrawler??

So Mystique is going to be involved with Azazel...??

Well not everyone needs fleshed out

So they should just bring all the characters back? No. One of the criticisms of the last X-Men movie wasthe character development for smaller characters. Having too many characters is not a good idea because a lot of them would just be set aside.

I'm not too sure about that.....how are they going to address the mother/son relationship between Mystique and Nightcrawler??

So Mystique is going to be involved with Azazel...??

They don't even have to address it. It would just make things complicated if they do that mother and son thing.

So they should just bring all the characters back? No. One of the criticisms of the last X-Men movie wasthe character development for smaller characters. Having too many characters is not a good idea because a lot of them would just be set aside.

They don't even have to address it. It would just make things complicated if they do that mother and son thing.

But that's just it... Some characters dont need further developed because they've already had it. Some still need it.

The harry potter films had a massive cast and not everyone got fleshed out. Some need it others don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"