Days of Future Past Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading through these threads, I'm beginning to think a lot of people are setting themselves up for disappointment. This is still a sequel to First Class. It's not X-Men 4.

Reading through these threads, I'm beginning to think a lot of people are setting themselves up for disappointment. This is still a sequel to First Class. It's not X-Men 4.

The guessing and mystery and possibilities is all part of the fun though. :yay:

Out of the characters who feature in this particular storyline in the comics, I'd like to see Ellen Page and Alan Cumming back. Storm, Wolverine, Colossus and Angel all feature too but I don't mind if they are played by a new talent this time around.

Surprised Rebecca Romijn isn't listed in options for poll when Mystique is main antagonist in the comic story?

I agree with BMM above though - I'm not going to be getting the comic story I want because ultimately this will be a First Class sequel, and the continuity is pretty much irrepairable to faithfully recreate any classic stories.

There are no separate timelines, merely three stories that are in continuity (First Class, X-Men, and X2: X-Men United) and one story that is not (Origins: Wolverine), with one completed story (The Last Stand) and one in-progress story (The Wolverine) still 'up-in-the-air'.

Last edited:
Movie Rogue wasn't like comic rogue anyway. Different actress wouldn't have changed that. While Halle wasn't the greatest Storm, I still liked her since it wasn't her fault how the character was written or directed to act. I just wish they worked with her longer on the accent.

What do you mean "worked with her longer on the accent"? There was no real attempt at Storm's accent. Which sort of just adds to my annoyance that she's just another character that's more or less Americanised. I really wish they wouldn't keep change non-American X-men characters to American.

I wouldn't be upset if Rogue isn't like classic Rogue again. Thi is still my favorite version of her.

I feel that version of Rogue essentially spun out of Paquin's take on a younger, less mature/sexy Rogue. I'm in no rush to see that again, I want to see a more classic version of the character.

The problem with Rogue has always been she gets powers from MS Marvel.Fox doesn't have rights to that character.If they just had her have those powers some would complain about that.Even Wolverine and the X-Men only had her with her absorbing power.

That's not really a problem though. Every X-men film and a whole ton of other comic book films have seen drastic changes when coming to the big screen. The story doesn't require Ms. Marvel so you could just substitute someone else with super strength and flight. You don't even need to tell that part of the story, you could just pick up the story with an older Rogue and have her simply say she got her powers from another mutant in a fight that went horribly wrong and leave it at that if it's not important to the story being told in the movie.

Anna Paquinn won't be in this movie. She is pregnant with twins and is going to be dealing with that all the way up until season 6 of true blood starts filming. Even that might need to be worked around/delayed for her.

I feel that version of Rogue essentially spun out of Paquin's take on a younger, less mature/sexy Rogue. I'm in no rush to see that again, I want to see a more classic version of the character.

Quite possible. But at least Evolution Rogue rocked. Especially when she absorbed all those powers and used them at the same time. Her using multiple powers at the same time, would be more interesting than just having flight and super strength.

Id be cool with recasting Rogue if they had an important role for her. Not a fan of Paquins take either. She def needs to be able to kick more ass if shes back.

It's still pretty early, at least until concrete info starts coming in people always spitball about what they'd most like to see whether it's realistic or not.

Moreso since time travel makes it so easy to retcon things, it's got everyone's imaginations fire up. :yay:

one question that comes to my mind is:

when does this future takes place? and how old are the future x-men?

It could really be anything I guess - it could take place after X3 or years before the original trilogy's time.

This. I'm sure the'yre taking a lot of "elements" from the comic, but will probably end up being as close to the comic as First Class was to it's comic of the same name.

Last edited:
First Class was named after a comic (a comic that in all honestly is a cheesy Saturday morning cartoon version of the X-Men). DoFP is named after an actual storyline.

Whatever the outcome may be I'm getting good vibes from this production already. I felt the exact same way for First Class even when most had relegated that it was going to be awful.

The fact that Vaughn has now had more time to conceptualize and think of some seemingly awesome and intricate plot line involving time travel, I believe this has the chance to be the best X-Men film without question.

With the time Vaughn/Singer had for First Class it's a miracle they were able to create something so good. Vaughn gets what makes the X-Men tick and I truly do believe Fox is letting them create something special. Tommy Rothman has loosened up and has finally realized that letting these guys who know these characters in and out go to work without interruption is the best way to go.

I really can't imagine them writing a script featuring previous actors that are unsigned or ones that may not want to come back. That could end up being disastrous. Unless they're planning on writing while shooting like they did with First Class. But I really don't think anyone wants to go throught that again. We'll see though.

After the success of Avengers, I think there is a high chance that the original actors would come back if asked..

Well she is pregnant right now so it might be to much for her to be a new.mother, shooting TB, and xmen. Though if smg can do Buffy and scooby doo half across the world, Anna could do tb & xmen if she weren't preggers.

I really can't imagine them writing a script featuring previous actors that are unsigned or ones that may not want to come back.

Thats exactly what I was wondering

Have they already asked the actors to come back? or are they just writing the script with the characters and if some of them dont want to return, they will change the characters?

:huh:

Its a risk to write a full great script and then to change some parts because two or three actors dont want to reprise their roles, and at the same time the special effects houses. They must be working on the action sequences already too... but if one or two actors rejects the role, it would be work in vain.

I seriously doudt they didn't enquire on Intrest of actors before writing the script.Of course then they have to write agreat script the actorslike but I am sure they have asked the actors they want back If they are Intrested In returning.

Yeah most definitely. The actors from the previous X-Men film still have a really good relationship with Singer from what I know.

I'm sure if he expressed interest and said "Hey if I make you a significant part of the upcoming X-Men film do you think you'd be able to commit?" and then I'm sure it snowballed from there.

Even if they do some recasting here and there it would make sense since they're dealing with time travel which allows for these type of differences.

Ratner had to BEG Ellen to be in X3, I wonder if she'll be up for it this time. My hopes are not high but I still want her in it :(

This is the current list of most voted on the board

1. Hugh Jackman as Wolverine 44
2. Ellen Page as Shadowcat 30
3. James Marsden as Cyclops 30
4. Halle Berry as Storm 22
5. Anna Paquin as Rogue 22
6. Shawn Ashmore as Iceman 20
7. Taylor Kitsch as Gambit 20
8. Kelsey Grammer as Beast 18
9. Daniel Cudmore as Colossus 17
10. Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler 15
11. Ben Foster as Angel 11
12. Famke Janssen as Jean Grey 11

I found interesting to see Halle, Anna, Shawn and Taylor with the same votes, more or less

Matthew, lets bring Gambit back! :D

I'd like to see them all back in the game. So unless they really find some better actors for the character, then I'd be fine with all of them.

any character could get a better actor, thats for sure

but I think there is something special with the whole cast of X3, too many talents together and familiar faces since X1.

would be amazing to see many of them together again on one scene, if not all

So I was checking out the wiki page for X3 and it said they wanted Keanu Reeves for Singer's X3? This is the first time I've read of it, but they did mention they wanted Sigourney Weaver as Emma Frost though.

Gambit was suspose to be the major new character If Fox would have quickly signed Bryan singer for X3.He and his X2 writers had a treatment the did on their own but since Fox was taking their own sweet time with planning for third film and since Warner brothers had since 2002 wanted Singer to do Superman we lost It.

Singer was even considering doing story over 2 films shoot at same similar to Lord of the rings and Matrix sequels.

from what Is known It's major story would have focused on Phoenix(there wouldn't have been the cure storyline to distract from It) and have the X-Men,Brotherhood,and a version of Hellfir club led by older Emma Frost,who was empath and former lover of Xavier,Cyclops would have larger role and the Danger room being built would have key element.Gambit would be major new character Introduced.It's likely Colossus would have had beefed up role.Nightcrawler would have likely returned.They would have given Rogue something to do.However Storm might have been absent.The ending discussed was phoenix leaving the earth.Phoenix here instead of split personality would be evolving with Jean's expanding powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"