• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Days of Future Past Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most obvious choices to return are Patrick Stewert,Ian Mckellan,and Hugh Jackman .After them I think Halle Berry Is more likely to return.It's star power.That Is part of reason she was cast as Storm In first place.Rogue may replace Kitty In Story.If they can make the film work with true blood It Is more likely they could get Anna Paquin back
than Ellen Page.And they would probally bring In Iceman or Colossus to round off the future characters.

since Ellen signed for various sequels, I dont see the problem for Fox to get her back.

The same with any actor from original trilogy.

I dont understand why many sites dont see Ellen returning. Contracts are contracts. Thats how the industry works.

Bring back Ellen Page as Kitty! I thought she did great with what little she was given and I want to see more of her. :)

Halle Berry's career was hot at the time of the original trilogy, but she really hasn't done much lately at all. It's not as if, once you get star power, it never goes away. Especially for aging women in Hollywood.

since Ellen signed for various sequels, I dont see the problem for Fox to get her back.

I dont understand why many sites dont see Ellen returning. Contracts are contracts. Thats how the industry works.

Some are wondering If her sequel contact Is still valid after 6 years.Shawn Ashmore says his 3 film deal he signed when they keep him for X2 Is still valid for another film.Plus there had been reports Ellen didn't have good exceperence filming the Last Stand and kinda regretted agreeing to do film. The regret thing could just be gossip.I agree there IS chance she may have to choice to return If Fox wants her back and Vaughn and Singer have plans for Kitty.Both haven't worked with her before so that could make a difference.Apart from Kelsey Grammer she was the new addattion to Last Stand that I liked.Since when I first started reading X-Men comics were when It was shadowcat with WOlverine,Rogue,Nightcrawler,Colossus,Phoenix II,and powerless Storm I liked having more for Kitty and Ellen did decent job of bringing Shadowcat to screen(although she never actully had the codename)

Halle Berry's career was hot at the time of the original trilogy, but she really hasn't done much lately at all. It's not as if, once you get star power, it never goes away. Especially for aging women in Hollywood.

But to get her back on the sequel would create some hype, definetly, specially for the general audience who liked Storm, Wolverine and the well known x-men.

I guess Fox want both Hugh and Halle, but maybe its Matthew and Bryan the ones who have to decide if they want to include her or not.

Last edited:

I watched some terrible shark movie with her the other day. It really felt like a huge step backwards.

Considering halle publicly asked fans to urge Fox to do X4 I seriously doudt she would say no.Let's be honest her career Is in crapper.she makes more news for her personal life and custody Issues with her daughter than her work anymore.

During time Matthew Vaughn was going to direct The Last stand and worked on script reports say he was big advocate of giving Storm more to do and script during his time even had Wolverine and Storm love scene.

I personally want to see some of the original X-men movie start to return since the Days of Future Past story bridges between timelines. Though most of all I want to see Cyclops, Wolverin, Jean Grey and Gambit in the film.

Cyclops. I don't care how (I would love Marsden back), he got screwed in X3 and they introduced Havok in First Class so I think he should come back most of all. Plus the film makers teased perhaps having Cyclops in the films again.

Wolverine. Even though the first three X-men films were arguably Wolverine and the X-men, I still want to see Hugh back in an X-men group film. Not to mention that Days of Future Past features Wolverine in it.

Jean Grey. This one is more or less because I don't think you can have Cyclops back without having Jean back. I'll admit that I'm not sure how either would work, but when you've got a time travel story then it already makes the job easier. I'm sure it can be worked out. Plus I wasn't happy with resurrecting her only to die again (not to mention her killing Cyclops and Wolverine's role in being the one to take her on felt like it should have been Cyclops' role)

Gambit. Ok, this one is just because I've loved this guy since I was a kid (though he did feature in the cartoon version of Days of Future Past) and I thought Kitsch at least made a great Gambit even if Origins wasn't any good itself.

Other than that I'd like to see Rogue, Iceman, Storm, Xavier and Magneto (Stewart and MacKellen's version) return, but Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean and Gambit are my main concerns.

Rogue and Gambit on the future would be f**** amazing, specially with Anna Paquin and Taylor Kitchs.

But Im afraid Matthew and Fox wont be as interested in these two characters, specially if they werent on the original storyarc.

Wolverine, Storm, Rogue and Gambit all together would be :wow: :wow: :wow:

but that's too good to end being the case

If Rogue is back, I hope she gets recast.

Why? Paquin has gotten so much hotter since True Blood, and in a future setting where they can basically do whatever, they can finally make her more comic accurate.

The original cast being back would make the movie for me.

If Rogue Is In film Anna Paquin will be playing here.Anna Is a ocsar winning actress plus she has gotten raves for her work on True Blood.Not to mention her sex appeal has gone up since she did sex scenes on True Blood.And her public Bisexual confession helps fuels thoughts In some's minds.Sex appeal from actresses never hurt a film.

I'm cool with AP, I just want her to fly and throw cars and ****. maybe punch some duder thru a wall. I am not hard to please.

Those contracts would be null and void now. They cant keep her waiting around for 6 years and then call her back into action. Dont work that way.

If Anna does return she would probably be wearing a wig since she cant dye her hair back and forth so drastically.

They should make the time traveler Rogue and put her in that greenish jumpsuit they wore in the future, and of course give it some yellow accents and she can wear the bomber jacket Logan wore in DOFP, and she'll have her comic outfit!

If Rogue is back, I hope she gets recast.

Same here. She was terrible as Rogue, did not fit the character at all.

I also have to face palm towards the people actually wanting Berry back as Storm.

I actually wouldn't mind if most of the people got recast. I wouldn't mind seen Stewart and McKellen back. Marsden and Cudmore got the shaft and deserve another chance. Otherwise, I'm all for fresh blood.

one question that comes to my mind is:

when does this future takes place? and how old are the future x-men?

10 years later than in X3? less? around the same age?

I think none has commented it, but what would be really interesting is to really see older versions of the characters from X1-X3, like happens on the source material.

Future Kitty was really older than present Kitty, right? So that means a clearly look difference, with the pass of time

X3 was shooted in 2005, and the sequel will be shoot on 2013, so that means a 8 years difference in the actors look. Its a decent jump, but not so much at all.

Sometime ago I thought how interesting would be to see older versions of Kitty, Rogue and others characters played by the same actors, Ellen, Anna and the rest

they could bring a totally new side to their characters, more mature, smart... and more badass too.

I think we are looking in future about a 10 year time frame since earlier films.

Movie Rogue wasn't like comic rogue anyway. Different actress wouldn't have changed that. While Halle wasn't the greatest Storm, I still liked her since it wasn't her fault how the character was written or directed to act. I just wish they worked with her longer on the accent.

I'm cool with AP, I just want her to fly and throw cars and ****. maybe punch some duder thru a wall. I am not hard to please.

Same here. I'd love Anna Paquin back and playing a more classic version of Rogue. I miss her with that power set. To me it was part of her character. Though on the upside of that at least the comics have finally moved on from the "I can't touch anyone" thing she had because even though that's a good angle it can get old after a while and that story was told for years.

Though I'm not so sure if we'd be likely to see Anna back. She wasn't such a big name back then (but still quite accomplished) and I'm not aware of her stating whether she'd love to come back, not to mention her possible obligations to the True Blood ongoing series.

Also, I can't help but think if she came back as a more sexy/mature Rogue that she and Kitsch version of Gambit would look really good together.

I wouldn't be upset if Rogue isn't like classic Rogue again. Thi is still my favorite version of her. I just want her to be a good combatant and use her powers tactically.

Anna has mentioned since the Last Stand was released she would be willing to return.The bigger problem Is could her schedule with True Blood allow her to return.

The problem with Rogue has always been she gets powers from MS Marvel.Fox doesn't have rights to that character.If they just had her have those powers some would complain about that.Even Wolverine and the X-Men only had her with her absorbing power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"