Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S02E10 "What they become""

I preferred the previous episode, the build-up was intense!

My only gripe with this episode was that we all saw the reveals coming a mile off. It was all a little telegraphed, even Tripp's death when he got stuck down there felt a little obvious

I actually thought Tripp would be safe due to him almost dying a few episodes back. :funny:

I was hoping! I didn't really pay attention to the last few moments because I was so shocked!

Remembering all the awesome Tripp moments makes his loss even sadder!

damn now I'm about to cry :(
Good time for a forum hug??

1d9966e26e0b2f9bca7041d72fca7524.jpg

I agree with most of this
Also, I think BJ Britt's acting did not help that last scene
his "NOOOOOOO" with the hand out was so bad I cringed a bit
seems like a super nice dude, just maybe not the strongest thespian

Ha! Yep, I unfortunately have to agree. That bit took me out of the moment for a second. Well, that and the fact that Tripp's death was the result of what amounted to stumbling in on a gunfight and accidentally getting shot to death.

He was a hero, and he'd just saved everyone from the bombs...but his death wasn't heroic. I wish it was.

Tripp was in the proverbial "Caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.". I've no issue like others here. He saved his friends and thought he could do something to help one more but tried for too much. Them the breaks.

I actually thought Tripp would be safe due to him almost dying a few episodes back. :funny:
I know! It's like...

Episode 8: We're gonna kill this guy! Haha! J/k, he'll be OK!
Episode 9: Actually we're gonna kill this other guy instead.
Episode 10: Actually, he might still be OK, LOL...
But srsly, we are going to kill the first dude. :csad:

Great episode. The reveal of Skye as Daisy/Quake and the Doctor as Calvin Zabo/Mr. Hyde were very satisfying. Seeing Skye demonstrate her earthquake powers for the first time near the end of the episode was exciting.

Skye's father has been giving off vibes of Zabo/Hyde all through this season, and it was great that we finally got it confirmed. He REALLY reminded me of Hyde when he went completely berserk after Coulson killed Whitehall before he could. His murderous, irrational rage toward Coulson was vintage Mr. Hyde.

So sorry to see Trip die. I liked his character and hated to see him go, but at least he left a positive impression before his death. And at least he died heroically after helping to plant the bombs to destroy the city before the diviner could cause even more harm, and he managed to save his friends from the bombs. Too bad he also tried to go a step further and stop the diviner itself, which led to his death. Lots of excitement throughout the episode.

Once again, the city was depicted in a very spooky way, which I enjoyed. The Kree/Inhuman angle of the show has definitely moved forward significantly. And I'm interested to see what will happen to Ward and Agent 33.

Overall, a cool episode and a nice way to end the first half of the season.

2259r.jpg

TheDoctorSkyesFather876.jpg

And our MCU version of Dr. Calvin Zabo, the infamous Mr. Hyde!

Now I want to know what she looks like with short hair.

I'm actually a bit sorry for Tripp. Glad he went out as a hero for the fans. But the actor was so lackluster, so forgettable, so unnecessary in nearly all his scenes that it's definitely for the best. Addition by subtraction.

Oh and imo this was the best episode of the entire series. Keep it up Marvel.

Terrigen Mist. :awesome:

Glad to see the show kept the momentum from the last half of last season to this point.

Ugh, three month wait.

Terrigen Mist. :awesome:

Glad to see the show kept the momentum from the last half of last season to this point.

Ugh, three month wait.
Look at the bright side. 2 of those months filled with Agent Carter (likely with 1 break on Jan. 20th due to the State of the Union address). And then when AoS returns in March, from then to the end of the season it should be a straight shot/no more breaks (putting the last 3 episodes after the events of Age of Ultron) :woot: (as opposed to season 1 where, when it came back in January, there were 19 weeks to the end of the season to show 12 episodes, so there were 7 weeks interspersed here and there with no new episodes so that the tie-ins to The Winter Soldier air when they needed to)

When she first appeared, she made a point that she was NOT a mutant. Her powers were the result of "genetic junk" from her father, but it was stated she was not a mutant. This was back when Bendis first created the character for Secret War.

I stand corrected, then.

I'm just saying that's how she was at first, they later on could have Retconned it to mutant. I don't know as I started to drop off from many of the books the last fed years

That would be great to get him back for a few guest spots but I don't think this is what they implied...

1. They "crumbled him" to display Quake's powers
2. They made a point of showing that he had been hit by an Obelisk fragment.
3. They also showed him checking himself for that tar-like substance when he saw it on Daisy.
3. The ladies only required close proximity to the crystals/mist to cocoon, not touching the obelisk at the time.

Yeah no. He's gone, would be way too coincidental even for comics if he was Inhuman too anyway

Look at the bright side. 2 of those months filled with Agent Carter (likely with 1 break on Jan. 20th due to the State of the Union address). And then when AoS returns in March, from then to the end of the season it should be a straight shot/no more breaks (putting the last 3 episodes after the events of Age of Ultron) :woot: (as opposed to season 1 where, when it came back in January, there were 19 weeks to the end of the season to show 12 episodes, so there were 7 weeks interspersed here and there with no new episodes so that the tie-ins to The Winter Soldier air when they needed to)
I guess. I am looking forward to Agent Carter and at least they didn't leave us hanging with some cliffhanger. I hate that.

It's just been so good lately. :(

First comment:
Tripp is the Inhuman known as "dead because he turned to ash."

It's a very obscure character.
:funny:

That death sucked though.

...it should have been Hunter. :o

I guess. I am looking forward to Agent Carter and at least they didn't leave us hanging with some cliffhanger. I hate that.

The ending was kind of a cliffhanger, but not an overt one. Of course, this is assuming that the episode in March 2015 picks up right where we left off (not with the Eyeless Man, but the quake underground).

The ending was kind of a cliffhanger, but not an overt one. Of course, this is assuming that the episode in March 2015 picks up right where we left off (not with the Eyeless Man, but the quake underground).
Yeah, it was mild. It was a feasible point to stop; one that still has a natural point of continuation, but not some development left wholly unresolved for the ungodly reason of being needlessly tantalizing.

It's not one that overly threatens the lives of our beloved characters, since we know that they have to live past the quaking so that their stories can advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"