Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S2E1 "Shadows"

More simply than that Talbot always loved Betty but she rejected him for Bruce 15 years ago. Talbot got married and had a kid, but never forgave Bruce for stealing his true love. That hatred has only grown over the years as Bruce turned into the Hulk and ran away but Betty still loves him.

I guess they could still salvage it to an extent,(Talbot's family dies and he reconnects with Betty in his grief) but I think they have no intention of bringing him into a Hulk movie.They had their chance before but used Samson instead.(I was thankful for all the stuff they cut out of that film,so it looked more like she just started dating him and not his live in lover of several years.)

It's really a made to order storyline for a movie.How many SH films have triangles that are pretty weak?Hulk's was one of the ones that actually worked.It's a human story everyone can relate too.Given that they struggle to give Banner an antagonist beyond Ross,it's a wasted opportunity to say the least.And it costs nothing in CGI $ to boot.

But has anyone noticed that the boxes carried by HYDRA soldiers at the beginning of the episode are decorated with the insignia of Erwin Rommel's Deutsches Afrikakorps?

http://oi61.tinypic.com/3356p37.jpg

If the artifacts in those boxes were found at the same time and at the same place as the alien corpse, that means the corpse and the Obelisk were dug out somewhere in North Africa prior to May 1943.

Also, remember what the Red Skull said in CATFA when he discovered the Tesseract:"And the Führer digs for trinkets in the desert." I guess not all of those trinkets are useless.

Keep in mind that Red Skull is dead by the time that scene took place. That leads me to think it wasn't North Africa since I got the impression Red Skull died at least after Normandy.

Keep in mind that Red Skull is dead by the time that scene took place. That leads me to think it wasn't North Africa since I got the impression Red Skull died at least after Normandy.
The flashback scene happened in Austria, 1945. That much is known from the intro to the episode. That obviously doesn't preclude the artifacts from being dug up earlier than that (say, in North Africa, before May 1943).

Of course, we don't know that all the items in that HYDRA base were found at the same time/place (at least one of the boxes is labeled 1889).

Yup

Carter did say "SSR" when she arrested Reindhart
SSR was around for quite a long time even after Peggy joined Stark. The interview in Winter in the Smithsonian soldier was dated 1953 and it was still SSR.

I watched it twice a few times. Didn't see anything else other than What we've been talking about.

STILL can't read the label on the beer they were drinking either

Just for reference, here's the 1889 crate I've mentioned a few times:
f7xNg48.jpg

Maybe it's a prototype Death Ray by Nikola Tesla? Or Dr. Jekyll's original super soldier serum? :D

Yeah but is that a DATE or just a serial Number?
Just for reference, here's the 1889 crate I've mentioned a few times:
f7xNg48.jpg

Maybe it's a prototype Death Ray by Nikola Tesla? Or Dr. Jekyll's original super soldier serum? :D

Yeah but is that a DATE or just a serial Number?
It's a good question. If it's a serial number, it doesn't appear to be one of the SSR serial numbers, since those were painted in white, and also said "SSR" (apparently, SHIELD's propensity for putting their name on things goes way back!).

I just find it odd that they threw that particular camera angle up for 2 or 3 seconds, with the focus on that crate. It feels like there should be some significance to it, in which case, it really does look like a date.

It could also be 6881. Just sayin' :p
True, true... Lol!

I don't understand what your point is. In March 1942 the Red Skull invades Tønsberg where he finds the Tesseract and says that:"the Führer digs for trinkets in the desert ." In May 1943 the German Afrika Korps in North Africa surrenders to the Allies. In May 1945 the Red Skull and Captain America fight on the Valkyrie and they are both lost. A few days later Reinhardt/Whitehall learns about the Red Skull's demise and attempts to escape with the Obelisk and other artifacts, and many of those are held in the boxes marked with the logo of the German Afrika Korps. Therefore, the artifacts had to be found before May 1943.

Well, maybe I was confused by what you were saying. I thought part of the evidence was the uniforms they were wearing. Would the Afrika Korp troops still have worn those uniforms all the way through the end of the war?

Well, maybe I was confused by what you were saying. I thought part of the evidence was the uniforms they were wearing. Would the Afrika Korp troops still have worn those uniforms all the way through the end of the war?

No, in the MCU HYDRA was originally the SS division. Reinhardt and his lieutenant are both wearing the black SS uniforms. Even the Red Skull wears that uniform when he finds the Tesseract in CATFA. The only difference between HYDRA's SS uniforms and other SS uniforms is the replacement of the SS runes on the right side of the collar with the HYDRA badge and the HYDRA badge in place of the SS Totenkopf (death's head) badge on the cap. You can see the regular SS uniform here and the HYDRA SS uniform here.

The Afrika Korps was the Wehrmacht unit. But, the power of the SS in Nazi Germany was so big that they could easily go to Africa and confiscate anything the Wehrmacht soldiers could find. Including the alien corpse and the Obelisk.

Just got around to seeing the episode. Wow, that was pretty awesome. This looks like it's going to be a good season. Boy Peggy was looking good and Absorbing Man has taken the title from Arrow's Deathstroke as The Most Badass TV Villain.

Just seen the new episode! Agents of SHIELD is back with a BANG! :D

Absolutely loved it, really hit its stride from the off and the new characters seem interesting. This New SHIELD should be a lot of fun - I really hope we get to see a lot of operations and such that was just left as "big SHIELD is dealing with it" in S1.

Thought Absorbing Man was handled brilliantly (dirty mind Skye!) and the CGI made last year's look awful. Possible award nom?

Tripp was brilliant, but that could be my bias. Director Coulson is looking like a fun switch for his character too. Poor Fitz though, way to pull the rug from under us!

The Obelisk should be an interesting artifact, and Ward knowing about Skye's dad? Woah, there's a twist! The continued threat of HYDRA is great to see too, was worried it'd become a back-burner plot, but I love this war on HYDRA :)

Great stuff!

I watched it twice a few times. Didn't see anything else other than What we've been talking about.

STILL can't read the label on the beer they were drinking either

a lot of drinking going on.

did anyone notice the assistant telling whitehall that creel had escaped, made of with the device and was expected to contact them shortly? does that imply that no contact had been made yet so to know this information someone in the car is a tout or it to be presumed that the assistant had people watching the incident?

Just seen the new episode! Agents of SHIELD is back with a BANG! :D

Absolutely loved it, really hit its stride from the off and the new characters seem interesting. This New SHIELD should be a lot of fun - I really hope we get to see a lot of operations and such that was just left as "big SHIELD is dealing with it" in S1.

Thought Absorbing Man was handled brilliantly (dirty mind Skye!) and the CGI made last year's look awful. Possible award nom?

Tripp was brilliant, but that could be my bias. Director Coulson is looking like a fun switch for his character too. Poor Fitz though, way to pull the rug from under us!

The Obelisk should be an interesting artifact, and Ward knowing about Skye's dad? Woah, there's a twist! The continued threat of HYDRA is great to see too, was worried it'd become a back-burner plot, but I love this war on HYDRA :)

Great stuff!

Did Raina tell him more than her parents were monsters?

No, in the MCU HYDRA was originally the SS division. Reinhardt and his lieutenant are both wearing the black SS uniforms. Even the Red Skull wears that uniform when he finds the Tesseract in CATFA. The only difference between HYDRA's SS uniforms and other SS uniforms is the replacement of the SS runes on the right side of the collar with the HYDRA badge and the HYDRA badge in place of the SS Totenkopf (death's head) badge on the cap. You can see the regular SS uniform here and the HYDRA SS uniform here.

The Afrika Korps was the Wehrmacht unit. But, the power of the SS in Nazi Germany was so big that they could easily go to Africa and confiscate anything the Wehrmacht soldiers could find. Including the alien corpse and the Obelisk.

I think I found my confusion. You were saying the boxes had markings from the Afrika Korps, not the uniforms.

Who exactly is paying the bills for this new SHIELD?

Fury had entire hidden bases so you know he had a fiduciary back up plan as well.

I LOVED the 1st ep. I mean to have most of the original Howling Commandoes from Cap 1, to Absorbing Man represented really well, Stealing of a Quinjet and to cap it off the return of Oswalt, NUFF SAID!

MAKE MINE MARVEL!!

side note: 1 minor thing that was a bit off was the scene at the gate. No soldier would look at Tripp with the full manicured beard and think , yeah there goes a General. If he was on a shaving profile it wouldn't have been lined up like that and I believe the only military personnel allowed to have beards are Navel/Coast guard.

Last edited:
There was an immortal Nazi who bossed around a guy who can absorb any property he touches, but the military in this universe allowing beards is far fetched?

There was an immortal Nazi who bossed around a guy who can absorb any property he touches, but the military in this universe allowing beards is far fetched?

:woot:

I don't think he's immortal. Maybe he just used some cryogenic chamber like Bucky. It's easy to overlook the simplest answer.

I don't think he's immortal. Maybe he just used some cryogenic chamber like Bucky. It's easy to overlook the simplest answer.

The simplest answer was that he got extended life through the obelisk. He said it had power over life and death and is the only thing we seen him in connection with.

side note: 1 minor thing that was a bit off was the scene at the gate. No soldier would look at Tripp with the full manicured beard and think , yeah there goes a General. If he was on a shaving profile it wouldn't have been lined up like that and I believe the only military personnel allowed to have beards are Navel/Coast guard.

lol it kinda annoys me when these shows/movies try to be accurate but really fail in that department. For one (Fake) Talbot keeps calling the guard Soldier when he was clearly a Marine. And two he was a Private First Class (Pfc) and would have addressed him as such instead of just Private which is how an E2 is addressed in the Army. Like you said it's a minor gripe and I just let it be what it is.

:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"