Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1 Episode 22 "Beginning of the End"

T

2. When Dethlok told Garrett he was told "never to leave his side" are we to assume that order was given by Garrett or could he have been referring to someone else?

I wonder about this, too. The second time I watched the episode, knowing that Skye had been in contact with Mike, I was wandering if maybe she is the one who told him to stay by Garrett's side, so she could watch what he was doing. How long had she been tapped into his eye-communicator? Just since they stormed cybertek, or prior to that? Ooh, maybe when they hacked the computer in Cuba. Didn't she say that was to activate the trojan horse that would let her team monitor Hydra systems? I suppose that would include Deathlok.

why would Deathlok say"I was told" to Garrett if Garrett was the one who told him?

I wonder about this, too. The second time I watched the episode, knowing that Skye had been in contact with Mike, I was wandering if maybe she is the one who told him to stay by Garrett's side, so she could watch what he was doing. How long had she been tapped into his eye-communicator? Just since they stormed cybertek, or prior to that? Ooh, maybe when they hacked the computer in Cuba. Didn't she say that was to activate the trojan horse that would let her team monitor Hydra systems? I suppose that would include Deathlok.
Yeah, my understanding is that she was monitoring what Deathlok was seeing since she was able to plug in her flashdrive in the basement of the barbershop. When they were back on the jet she says "The trojan horse worked, it gave us access to the system we wanted. Our secret weapon. We now have eyes on their operation right in the palm of my hand." and then a bit later when Coulson informs them that FitzSimmons aren't answering, he says "They risked everything to put a tracker on that plane for us. Now we know exactly where Garrett is and Skye can see what he's doing."

IMO, they're naturally evading being specific about what the system they wanted was and how exactly Skye can see what Garrett's doing because they want the surprise to be Deathlok's turn. But once you know that's happening, going back and rewatching the episode, it kind of makes you look at those moments when Deathlok is watching Garrett or watching what Ward is doing/saying a little bit differently.

Because as shown in this episode, Garrett wasn't directly controlling him. Garrett's orders were being relayed through Quinn's workers at Cybertek, who had the hardware required to run Deathlok and the other Centipede soliders.

Yeah, my understanding is that she was monitoring what Deathlok was seeing since she was able to plug in her flashdrive in the basement of the barbershop. When they were back on the jet she says "The trojan horse worked, it gave us access to the system we wanted. Our secret weapon. We now have eyes on their operation right in the palm of my hand." and then a bit later when Coulson informs them that FitzSimmons aren't answering, he says "They risked everything to put a tracker on that plane for us. Now we know exactly where Garrett is and Skye can see what he's doing."

IMO, they're naturally evading being specific about what the system they wanted was and how exactly Skye can see what Garrett's doing because they want the surprise to be Deathlok's turn. But once you know that's happening, going back and rewatching the episode, it kind of makes you look at those moments when Deathlok is watching Garrett or watching what Ward is doing/saying a little bit differently.

Yes, this! thank you. :)

Because as shown in this episode, Garrett wasn't directly controlling him. Garrett's orders were being relayed through Quinn's workers at Cybertek, who had the hardware required to run Deathlok and the other Centipede soliders.

Yeah, I want to emphasize this. Garrett was giving the orders to Cybertek, but he didn't directly micromanage the soldiers. Cybertek gave them orders.

I meant to ask this yesterday -

Can anyone speculate on what they think Ward was going to say to May before she crushed his larynx?

It wasn't a snyde remark or something witty - it was either going to be a plea for mercy (unlikely) or something about Skye - a warning? Or maybe he knew he was beaten and was trying to worm his way back by claiming he knew Skye's secrets.

I think he was going to try and worm his way back into some minimum amount of confidence. Re-don his hero persona, inspire some doubt.

I think he was going to try and worm his way back into some minimum amount of confidence. Re-don his hero persona, inspire some doubt.

yes

I think I also detected some fear in his look and voice with the realization that May had kicked his posterior

I really enjoyed the season finale. The guest appearance by Samuel L. Jackson was great. Nick Fury's rescue of FitzSimmons was a great moment. I also liked how they nicely wrapped up the season-long Clairvoyant arc while setting up next season's arc with Skye's origins.

And I really loved the scene where they make you think that Garrett's about to come back for revenge, but before he can do anything, Coulson completely disintegrates him with the 0-8-4 and casually walks off! It was hilarious! It was like the writers were having a little fun with action/adventure themes by giving us that reversal, and letting us know that the Clairvoyant arc is definitely all wrapped up, Garrett ain't coming back. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"