Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1 Episode 22 "Beginning of the End"

Odd miscellaneous tidbits I'm still mulling over for Season 2...

1. The little black "toolbox" cube that Coulson received is probably some sort of massive database similar to what Harry Osborne received from his Dad in TASM2.

2. Coulson seriously ought to consider keeping May away from power tools... all of them.
Yeah I have yet to see ASM2 but yeah all we know from the show was it had the location of where that base Billy was guarding was located. I was saying it seemed an awful lot like Hank Pym's "Pym Particle" containers in the comics

Yeah I have yet to see ASM2 but yeah all we know from the show was it had the location of where that base Billy was guarding was located. I was saying it seemed an awful lot like Hank Pym's "Pym Particle" containers in the comics

...as well as "everything" needed to rebuild SHIELD, which could mean a lot of other stuff aside from the Playground's location.

maybe there's a shrunken helicarrier inside; just add water.

Wait... what the heck happened to the first helicarrier? That thing should totally still be somewhere. A little harder to hide consistently though.

I really liked the episode. I looked at the final team shot and I said something I haven't said all season long: I like these people. I want to see what happens to them next. No Ward, No Fitz-Simmons. Trip.

Deathlok's face turn was pwnage.

And the way they sent Fury out "I'll be everywhere" was waaaay too cool for words. Ugh. So cool.

Oh, Ward will be back. You can bet on that. If they never wanted to use him again, then they'd have just killed him off. Not only that, but they had Coulson give his little "you were devoted to one man and now that he's dead what do you have" speech. That just screams "we're bringing him back, and he'll have a new agenda this time."

Oh, Ward will be back. You can bet on that. If they never wanted to use him again, then they'd have just killed him off. Not only that, but they had Coulson give his little "you were devoted to one man and now that he's dead what do you have" speech. That just screams "we're bringing him back, and he'll have a new agenda this time."

Hope Coulson initiates a THUNDERBOLT program to redeem criminals aka Donnie aka Blizzard was once a Thunderbolt

As will Fitz, for the same kind of reasoning. But even if only for a brief moment I saw a glimpse, a promise even, of a show I could love, and not just be interested in.

Wait... what the heck happened to the first helicarrier? That thing should totally still be somewhere. A little harder to hide consistently though.

Perhaps an offscreen casualty of the SHIELD-HYDRA war.

Awesome, awesome episode.

So impressed, and the perfect ending to one of modern TV's greatest turnarounds.

Loved the interplay between Son of Coul and Shades Fury. They have such an easy banter, it's really believable that Fury sees Phil as his successor. And wow, what a change that was. Bringing back SHIELD, in a small form, with Phil "His first name is Director" Coulson at the end is a big game changer. S2 should be so much fun as they build up a more covert SHIELD, ready for a reveal in an Avengers movie.

Koenig clones - brilliant. I hope there are loads of them and they all play CoD together and talk about their lanyard designs :woot:

May v Ward was SO badass, nail gunning Ward to the floor was hilariously brutal. Likewise the stuff with Deathlok and Garrett. Although how Garrett escaped to get the armour is beyond me. Great one-liner from Phil there though!

But FitzSimmons *sob* So sad, had tears in my eyes as they said goodbye, and a beautiful cut away to the ocean. Can only imagine he'll be impaired next season somehow... Brilliant how Fury was just hovering, waiting for them haha

Those Kree(?) symbols are interesting though. Could be a cool set-up going forward, we never did find out what Garrett thought he knew. Likewise we haven't got confirmation on Raina/Skye being Inhuman, but it's pretty much nailed on now right?

Anyway, superb finale, can't wait for S2!

I felt overall, this wasn't as good as past Episodes. There were great moments, like May kicking Ward's ass, Fitz and Simmons at the bottom of the ocean, but overall it felt a bit too comedic. Though I loved the back and forth between Garrett, Coulson and Fury. But I think that should have been it. I definitely didn't love how Garrett was ultimately killed.

I didn't like the finale. Still full of bad acting/cheesey moments. I thought it was getting more cartoonish and it reminded me of the G.I. Joe movies. I really hate that scene where the Hydra guy was delivering his cheesey line and suddenly Coulson blasted him into pieces and Coulson just walked out like it was nothing. Geez. I don't like the series, but I really thought they would go all out in the finale. Instead of going all out, they gave more questions and mysteries which they would probably drag into the entire run of season 2.

I didn't like the finale.

j9Lx2ZJ.gif

I didn't like the finale. Still full of bad acting/cheesey moments. I thought it was getting more cartoonish and it reminded me of the G.I. Joe movies. I really hate that scene where the Hydra guy was delivering his cheesey line and suddenly Coulson blasted him into pieces and Coulson just walked out like it was nothing. Geez. I don't like the series, but I really thought they would go all out in the finale. Instead of going all out, they gave more questions and mysteries which they would probably drag into the entire run of season 2.

The Hydra Guy is named Bill Paxton.

The only thing I was disappointed on is that they didn't have a sneak reveal on Graviton.

My favorite part was when Fury gives Coulson the Destroyer gun. "I know what this does" LMAO!!!

I've gotta hand it to Marvel, they know how to map out their properties. Watching SHIELD go from bloated, overexposed agency to the more underground organization it should be, it all just came together.

I'm guessing it had a similar "SHIELD civil war" happen on it that the other major SHIELD bases had. My guess is, SHIELD won, and its now in the custody of the US Navy until people figure out what the hell to do with it.

There is no such organization, outside a sign easter egg in the Hub ( which would imply they are just a branch of SHIELD, anyway ).

but a branch tasked with dealing with space-borne entities. S.W.O.R.D is a branch of SHIELD in the books. but Agent Brand still pulls rank. anyways, it's not that important. but it seems like something that Coulson wouldn't be used for. they might still want to introduce project pegasus, at some point.

...as well as "everything" needed to rebuild SHIELD, which could mean a lot of other stuff aside from the Playground's location.
yeah, we couldn't be so lucky to get an early appearance of any Pym items

maybe there's a shrunken helicarrier inside; just add water.
THAT would be AWESOME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"