Alejandro Gonzalez to helm.....Birdman

I will see this the day it opens.

I have 3 things I'm hoping come out of this movie

1- Michael Keaton wins Best Actor Academy Award
2- If 1 happens, that Keaton gets back into big mainstream movies. He's generally regarded as one of the nicest guys in Hollywood, you never hear anything bad about him.
3- Emma Stone maybe gets a Supporting Actress nomination.

I'm happy to hear that this movie is being received well so far.

I'm rooting for Michael Keaton to kick arse and take names. He's a great actor who deserves more praise than he gets.

Yeah, I always wondered why Keaton's career didn't take off after he played Batman/Beetlejuice like say Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman's did? He's a really good actor and it's not even like he has personality/ego issues that would hurt his career (like with Val Kilmer for example). He's apparently a nice guy. So the fact that he's slipped into semi-obscurity has always puzzled me.

CBS Morning - Michael Keaton: From Batman to Birdman

This is an absolute must see. Keaton and the whole team seem to have made something special.

Really great to see him back in the spotlight like this. I'm sure he hates it... but it's fun for his fans. :woot:

I'm still waiting for Pfeiffer to comeback in a similar way. She can run acting circles around a lot of these actresses today.

I'm still waiting for Pfeiffer to comeback in a similar way. She can run acting circles around a lot of these actresses today.

Oh, I know... Perhaps she has lost the drive for acting (She's stated how into painting she is now) or is being sent really awful scripts.

The movies are terrible for older women at the moment (Unless your name is Meryl Streep) and she's afraid of committing to a TV series.

Maybe someday we'll hear her name attached to a great project. :up:

Oh, I know... Perhaps she has lost the drive for acting (She's stated how into painting she is now) or is being sent really awful scripts.

The movies are terrible for older women at the moment (Unless your name is Meryl Streep) and she's afraid of committing to a TV series.

Maybe someday we'll hear her name attached to a great project. :up:

She can give Julianne Moore a run for her money, but she just didn't go for those kinds of roles. I always thought she would win an Oscar, it isn't too late, but she doesn't seem interested to do it. I forgot the name of the song that keeps playing over and over recently, it made awesome references to her.

She can give Julianne Moore a run for her money, but she just didn't go for those kinds of roles. I always thought she would win an Oscar, it isn't too late, but she doesn't seem interested to do it. I forgot the name of the song that keeps playing over and over recently, it made awesome references to her.

Michelle doesn't want to do nudity, whereas Julianne Moore is all for it, so she gets some of the more riskier parts. Interestingly, Michelle was offered the role in Still Alice (Playing a doctor with early Alzheimer's disease) first, but turned it down... now Moore's in it getting all kinds of buzz. :csad:

''I swear she's destined for the screen... closest thing to Michelle Pfeiffer that you've ever seen!'' - Vance Joy, Riptide.

[YT]uJ_1HMAGb4k[/YT]

Michelle doesn't want to do nudity, whereas Julianne Moore is all for it, so she gets some of the more riskier parts. Interestingly, Michelle was offered the role in Still Alice (Playing a doctor with early Alzheimer's disease) first, but turned it down... now Moore's in it getting all kinds of buzz. :csad:

''I swear she's destined for the screen... closest thing to Michelle Pfeiffer that you've ever seen!'' - Vance Joy, Riptide.

[YT]uJ_1HMAGb4k[/YT]

Julianne is the front runner for an Oscar! Damn shame. I like Julianne though.

tumblr_n9ldx3CBDw1qg4blro1_1280.jpg

Of course, the closest theater playing this movie is two hours away.

Living in Ohio sucks for a cinephile.

This film was perfect. Best Cinematography is almost a no brainer as is Best Actor for Keaton and Best Supporting Actor for Edward Norton IMO. Amazing performances, amazing camera work and a fantastic character drama. Truly a one of a kind film.

There's no theater around me that's playing it. :csad:

There's no theater around me that's playing it. :csad:

It's a slow expansion. It was in just 4 theaters last week and 50 this week. I'm guessing it will keep expanding as we get into the season where most of the Awards contenders get released.
I saw it today. Luckily we have 1 of the 50 theaters showing it, but it was a trip to get to it since it isn't a theater I normally visit.
It was definitely worth the effort to see it, top notch acting across the board (absolutely every big name in the cast has a shot at a nomination, but Keaton is a slam dunk), and some definite surreal moments.

This film was perfect. Best Cinematography is almost a no brainer as is Best Actor for Keaton and Best Supporting Actor for Edward Norton IMO. Amazing performances, amazing camera work and a fantastic character drama. Truly a one of a kind film.

Eh, the Rope-style "one-shot" gimmick is pretty much in support of nothing past the first 20 minutes or so of the film. Its impressive on a technical level but also just kind of tedious (Which more or less sums up the movie as a whole). The movie loses a lot of energy after the focus shifts away from the conflict with Norton's character.

The runtime is mostly made up of characters half yelling at each other "THIS IS WHAT MY SPECIFIC PSYCHOLOGICAL TRAUMA IS. THIS IS HOW I RELATE TO EACH OTHER CHARACTER." It was like the actors chewing scenery while reading off wikipedia summaries about their characters.

I will say though, Norton was outstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"