Supergirl All About The Ratings!!!!!! - Part 1

Supergirl held steady, even though shows like "American Idol" dropped probably because of March Madness games.....didn't seem to hurt Supergirl all that much.

0.3/1.14

Glad to see that Supergirl held steady with the Red Daughter origin episode involving Lex.

The final live ratings this week were .31 in the demo, 1.123mil in viewership. Yet again slightly beating Arrow (.30 demo; 0.996mil viewership).

Live+7 numbers for the week ending 3/17/19. "O Brother Where Art Thou?" saw a 98% gain in the demo and a 90% gain in viewership:

1.) The Flash: 1.03 demo; 2.82mil total viewers
2.) Supernatural: .74 demo; 2.42mil total viewers
3.) Riverdale: .65 demo; 1.73mil total viewers
4.) Supergirl: .64 demo; 2.02mil total viewers
5.) Arrow: .56 demo; 1.65mil total viewers
6.) Legacies: .51 demo; 1.58mil total viewers
7.) Black Lightning: .45 demo; 1.39mil total viewers
8.) Roswell New Mexico: .43 demo; 1.71mil total viewers
9.) Charmed: .43 demo; 1.28mil total viewers
10.) All-American: .35 demo; 1.01mil total viewers
11.) Dynasty: .18 demo; 0.68mil total viewers
12.) Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: .17 demo; 0.47mil total viewers

Numbers for last night's Supergirl before hiatus are 0.3 and 1.07 million.

They really should have rerun the last two episodes on these two weeks, rather than a crappy episode like Menagerie.....they would have actually gotten quite a few rewatches for "House of L" and "All About Eve".

I don't know what CW was thinking when they picked Easter to be the time for Supergirl to return. The numbers for last night were its lowest overall in the show's history with 0.3 and 949,000 viewers.

Because they know the +3 and + 7 will be fine....and streaming....they use a totally different rubric than the other big 4.

I don't know what CW was thinking when they picked Easter to be the time for Supergirl to return. The numbers for last night were its lowest overall in the show's history with 0.3 and 949,000 viewers.

May be they didn't want it to come back against Game of Thrones season premiere? I think it was last week.

They're in a different time slot from GoT.

May be they didn't want it to come back against Game of Thrones season premiere? I think it was last week.

I would have preferred for Supergirl to come back after Easter.

It is the nature of simply having a Sunday tv slot.....we wouldn't be having this conversation if the series was still on Mondays and um.........it almost beat out LoT's return last Monday, and beat it this Monday, and beat Arrow both last Monday's return ratings and this Monday. Ratings wise, just not that big of a slump, viewership down, but will come back with +3 and +7....just not a big deal. Still sitting right where it was before as far as the other shows on the CW. 2nd Superhero show and 4th place probably overall....which is where it has been all season.

Viewership also adjusted up a bit in the finals to .99mil. Still the first sub-million this show has ever gotten, but it should still be ranked same as usual against the other shows.

I had a sound issue during the last episode and from FB it seems I wasn’t the only one and it wasn’t just in my area. I watched with subtitles but someone less dedicated may have just tuned out.

Viewership also adjusted up a bit in the finals to .99mil. Still the first sub-million this show has ever gotten, but it should still be ranked same as usual against the other shows.
I thought it would actually end up being #3 this week on the CW, but it looks like "Roswell" took that slot (barely) this week.

Good increase from last week,
but no more episodes without Supergirl.

I think we will see a glimpse of Supergirl in Ep. 20, but I do not think we will see that much....this one looks pretty much a Kara episode as well.

Rating for last night's episode was 0.3 and 1.05 million.

Numbers for Red Dawn were 0.3 and 1.09 million

Final number . 0.3/1.11

Here are the CW Live+7 ratings for the weeks of April 15th and April 22nd.

Supergirl's return episode "Crime and Punishment" on Easter Sunday saw a 77% increase in the demo and a 71% increase in viewership. CW's rankings for the week of April 15th-21st:

1.) The Flash: .99 demo; 2.73mil total viewers
2.) Supernatural: .68 demo; 2.11mil total viewers
3.) Jane the Virgin: .58 demo; 1.38mil total viewers
4.) Supergirl: .52 demo; 1.70mil total viewers
5.) Legends of Tomorrow: .51 demo; 1.57mil total viewers
6.) Riverdale: .50 demo; 1.44mil total viewers
7.) Arrow: .47 demo; 1.36mil total viewers
8.) Roswell, New Mexico: .43 demo; 1.61mil total viewers
9.) Charmed: .41 demo; 1.28mil total viewers
10.) In the Dark: (no demo data as it wasn't in the top percentage gains); 0.97mil total viewers

For the next week, "American Dreamer" saw an 88% gain in the demo and a 64% gain in total viewers. CW rankings for April 22-28:

1.) The Flash: 1.01 demo; 2.84mil total viewers
2.) Supernatural: .64 demo; 2.16mil total viewers
3.) Jane the Virgin: .58 demo; 1.34mil total viewers
4.) Supergirl: .54 demo; 1.87mil total viewers
5.) Riverdale: .52 demo; 1.42mil total viewers
6.) Legends of Tomorrow: .48 demo; 1.48mil total viewers
7.) Arrow: .45 demo; 1.34mil total viewers
8.) Roswell, New Mexico: .42 demo; 1.65mil total viewers
9.) Charmed: .38 demo; 1.30mil total viewers
10.) In the Dark: (no demo data); 1.05mil total viewers

Hot damn, Jane the Virgin is kicking ass in delayed viewing for its final season. That's a 177% gain! And it looks like LoT is now pretty consistently beating Arrow in both live AND delayed viewing (at least in the demo) now, too.

Arrow bombed out this last half of the season, those ratings and viewership tanked.

Arrow bombed out this last half of the season, those ratings and viewership tanked.
For real. Its unrounded live number for this past week in the demo was a .18. SUCH a fall from where it was in the first half of the season.

Anyway, DVR ratings are in for the week of April 29th-May 5th. "Will the Real Miss Tessmacher Please Stand Up?" saw an 84% gain in the demo and a 67% gain in viewership. Here are the CW Live+7 rankings that week:

1.) The Flash: .97 demo; 2.62mil total viewers
2.) The 100 (premiere): .61 demo; 1.69mil total viewers
3.) Jane the Virgin: .58 demo; 1.32mil total viewers
4.) Supergirl: .51 demo; 1.76mil total viewers
5.) Riverdale: .51 demo; 1.36mil total viewers
6.) Legends of Tomorrow: .50 demo; 1.48mil total viewers
7.) Arrow: .40 demo; 1.26mil total viewers
8.) iZombie (premiere): .40 demo; 1.16mil total viewers
9.) Charmed: .36 demo; 1.15mil total viewers
10.) In the Dark: (no demo data); 0.77mil total viewers
11.) Dynasty: (no demo data); 0.60mil total viewers

Last edited:
Preliminary ratings for last night's finale were 0.3/1.05 million (via TV By the Numbers).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"