BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - Part 302

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it make more sense if Josh Trank was on the Marvel payroll?

And North Korea, if you want to go there. Hacking Sony and dumping all their dirty laundry on the web was arguably the biggest factor in bringing Spider-man home.

Disney could topple governments.

Somehow Disney has somehow discovered what people like in movies and is using that knowledge to make us give them money to watch these movies. It's actually quite devious.

You don't really believe this stuff right? Even the thought that there is this conspiracy where a studio pays off a large (it would have to be a massive number) of critics is perposterous. It's an insult to the profession of critics and the film makers who put their heart and soul into their work to make a great film. Maybe it just means some people need to try harder.

Joking people....

Memorial weekend is gonna be the battle of mediocre blockbusters.

:up:

Hmm. I don't think so. He did say he's a Marvel guy. His brain seems to be functioning properly.

That makes me respect Stan even more. Even though he knows where his bread is buttered, he's a fan of the larger comic book world.

We've had this discussion before. Just because Character A kills doesn't automatically mean Character B has to. Different characters, different morals and sets of values. It's the same reason so many of us take issue with Snyder's desire to turn Superman into some analog of Dr. Manhattan.

Superman is a being with godlike powers. A strict no-kill rule keeps him grounded and demonstrates a commitment to not abuse his power by taking the life of someone who could never hope to defend themselves. And that says nothing about Superman's overall moral fiber as someone who respects the sanctity of all life and believes in even the worst of people.

Marvel gets a free pass let's be honest. It's even worse considering the MCU is mostly directed to a younger audience.

I agree that Batman and Superman in the movies should atleast strive not to kill. That is essential for those characters. But it's really unfair to say that Captain America / Iron-Man should not. Captain America is shown outright shooting men. Sony's Spider-Man got the no kill policy right and Marvel tried to adressed it somewhat in the Netflix Daredevil show.

That said it doesn't bother me if Batman, Superman or the goody Marvel heroes kill. (I don't think Superman killed in BvS, and they atleast tried to explain why Batman didn't care anymore) But Marvel should not get a free pass here. Afterall they did ban smoking in their movies..why not go the extra mile and try to be actual role models? And would it be okay for the new Spider-Man to kill directly or indirectly?

Last edited:
Yeah, Disney is taking money away from them but by creating quality. Simple as that.

And would it be okay for the new Spider-Man to kill directly or indirectly?

let's talk about that when he actually does.
if he does there will be an uproar like you wouldn't believe.

giphy.gif

And would it be okay for the new Spider-Man to kill directly or indirectly?

He was trying to save her!!!:cmad:

No, Spider-Man won't be killing.

The agreement spells out that mandatory Spider-Man traits must always strictly conform to the following list: male; does not torture; does not kill in defense of self or others; does not use foul language beyond PG-13; does not smoke tobacco; does not sell/distribute illegal drugs; does not abuse alcohol; does not have sex before the age of 16; does not have sex with anyone below the age of 16; and is not a homosexual (unless Marvel has portrayed that alter ego as a homosexual).

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/sony-hack-peter-parker-spider-man-white-straight-1201524150/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"