BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can easily bring Clark back.

The only people at his funeral were Lois, Bruce, Diana, and His mom. And it was closed casket. They can say they were mistaken, and he actually survived. It's really not as difficult as people are making it out to be.

It's no different than how they did it in the comics when Superman died, and Clark was suddenly missing too.

People are over thinking this aspect, and it feels like theyre just looking for another reason to complain.

I hope that's not the case.

The Daily Planet had a page that said "Clark Kent Dead".

This is an odd point of view to me. People don't just "have an idea in their head." They know a character that has been presented to them over decades in a very specific way, that suddenly changes drastically.

If you pulled up to a McDonald's drive-thru, ordered a Big Mac, and got a slab of tofu on rye with pesto sauce, would you just shrug, chalk it up to you having some idea in your head about what a Big Mac is, and eat it anyway?

Except this is more akin to people freaking out and refusing to order/eat Big Macs because McDonald's decided to ditch the sesame seeds and serve it in a paper wrap rather than the usual box.

It's still the same burger. It just looks a little different, and is presented differently than usual.

Except this is more akin to people freaking out and refusing to order/eat Big Macs because McDonald's decided to ditch the sesame seeds and serve it in a paper wrap rather than the usual box.

It's still the same burger. It just looks a little different, and is presented differently than usual.

More like changing the brown bun to a black bun.

black-bigmac.jpeg

Bon Appétit

The Daily Planet had a page that said "Clark Kent Dead".

And they can't print a retraction later? Say he went missing during the attack, and assumed him dead?

Again, you're overthinking this.

And they can't print a retraction later? Say he went missing during the attack, and assumed him dead?

Again, you're overthinking this.

He had an open casket funeral with several witnesses besides Ma, Lois, Bruce, and Diana.

Clark is dead man.

There's only one way to fix it that makes sense.

tumblr_n41ayjvCCP1tsgh98o1_250.gif

Well...imo of course...no. It's precisely the opposite. Superman looks the same, same costume, same job at The Planet, same supporting cast (minus poor Jimmy, of course) etc., but the "burger" is quite different. All the truth, justice, American way stuff, the confidence and optimism, all the "meat" that makes up the character is gone. That was never real, the film tells us, just the dream of a Kansas farmer.

And you know what? Fair enough. If that's the direction Snyder and WB want to go, hey, it's their time and money. But it isn't the audience's fault if they don't like it.

I don't get the whole "Superman was never real. He was just the dream of a farmer from Kansas."

WHERE THE **** DID THAT COME FROM????

Supers your dad wanted you to never show people your powers or abilities.

He had an open casket funeral with several witnesses besides Ma, Lois, Bruce, and Diana.

Clark is dead man.

There's only one way to fix it that makes sense.

tumblr_n41ayjvCCP1tsgh98o1_250.gif

I don't remember them ever showing his casket open. But if they did, then yeah. Sure thing.

He had an open casket funeral...... in Smallville.

Smallville, where its basically an open secret that Clark Kent, Ma Kent's baby boy, is Superman.

It doesn't really matter if they thought he was dead, and actually saw the body. They're used to weird **** happening with Clark. They already know he's Superman, and it would be entirely irrelevant that Clark came back when Superman did, even though they saw his dead corpse (whom they would know is Superman by looking at it, even if they didnt know before. But they did, so it doesn't matter.).

Last edited:
Clark had an open casket. So does this mean Batman v Superman will be the only time we will ever see Cavill's version play Clark Kent from Daily Planet, with those glasses? Da hell?

I never cared for the glasses disguise, but it was such a missed opportunity to not jump on some fun with this character. They could have made the entire Daily Planet in on the joke. They all know he's Superman but he thinks he's fooling them. They be like "Where YUH GOIN CLARK ???! EHHHHHHHHH? GOING ON....A LUNCH BREAK!?" *employees in the back of the office laughing their asses off like the guys in Wolf of Wall Street when Jonah Hill's high*

They wanna promote a more realistic approach to Superman. There it is. And it adds HUMOR. You know, you can have humor in a dark movie..

Last edited:
Clark had an open casket. So does this mean Batman v Superman will be the only time we will ever see Cavill's version play Clark Kent from Daily Planet, with those glasses? Da hell?

I never cared for the glasses disguise, but it was such a missed opportunity to not jump on some fun with this character. They could have made the entire Daily Planet in on the joke. They all know he's Superman but he thinks he's fooling them. They be like "Where YUH GOIN CLARK ???! EHHHHHHHHH? GOING ON....A LUNCH BREAK!?" *employees in the back of the office laughing their asses off like the guys in Wolf of Wall Street when Jonah Hill's high*

They wanna promote a more realistic approach to Superman. There it is. And it adds HUMOR. You know, you can have humor in a dark movie..

A scene like this on film would be genius.

No, because:

A) Everyone at the funeral likely knew Clark was Superman, given the funeral was in Smallville.

B) We already know people in Metropolis and at the Planet (save for Perry) work on comic book logic, and couldn't tell Clark was Superman due to him wearing glasses. And his return could likely be explained away as easily as it was in Superman Returns, where Superman and Clark both left for 5 years, then returned literally the same day.

You can only take "realism" so far with Superman, which is to say not very far.

No, because:

A) Everyone at the funeral likely knew Clark was Superman, given the funeral was in Smallville.

B) We already know people in Metropolis and at the Planet (save for Perry) work on comic book logic, and couldn't tell Clark was Superman due to him wearing glasses. And his return could likely be explained away as easily as it was in Superman Returns, where Superman and Clark both left for 5 years, then returned literally the same day.

Clark is dead. It was front page news. There is no logical way to bring him back. Dead and done. Why would they do that if they cared about the character of Superman? They shouldn't have to figure out a way because they should not have killed him in the first place. ZACK SNYDER does not care about Superman. Screw you Superman fans, I just made Clark's death front page news.

They can easily bring Clark back.

The only people at his funeral were Lois, Bruce, Diana, and His mom. And it was closed casket. They can say they were mistaken, and he actually survived. It's really not as difficult as people are making it out to be.

It's no different than how they did it in the comics when Superman died, and Clark was suddenly missing too.

People are over thinking this aspect, and it feels like theyre just looking for another reason to complain.

I hope that's not the case.

Haha, what?

B) We already know people in Metropolis and at the Planet (save for Perry) work on comic book logic, and couldn't tell Clark was Superman due to him wearing glasses.

I keep seeing people say the reactions to these characters are realistic in this universe, though. Is it comic book-y or realistic?

I don't get the whole "Superman was never real. He was just the dream of a farmer from Kansas."

Sshhhhh.... It's Snyder, so it's high art you're just not smart enough to understand yet.

I don't remember them ever showing his casket open. But if they did, then yeah. Sure thing.

He had an open casket funeral...... in Smallville.

Smallville, where its basically an open secret that Clark Kent, Ma Kent's baby boy, is Superman.

It doesn't really matter if they thought he was dead, and actually saw the body. They're used to weird **** happening with Clark. They already know he's Superman, and it would be entirely irrelevant that Clark came back when Superman did, even though they saw his dead corpse (whom they would know is Superman by looking at it, even if they didnt know before. But they did, so it doesn't matter.).

I don't buy that everyone in Smallville just "knows" Clark is Superman. Where eas this ever shown? Sounds like another thing defenders of Snyder are coming up with to fill in the plot holes.

You're telling me in this uber realistic portrayal of Superman and his world that eveyone in Smallville knows Clark Kent is Superman and not one of them has the idea to make a quick buck out of exposing him or get views and likes by doing a youtube video about it?

Cynical Snyder, I'm disappointed.

This is a good point.

Oh, I get it. It's pretty much Snyder's whole point, that the Superman who has been sold to us through books, movies and tv shows for the past 75 years is null and void, and here's your New Superman. Reminds me of the time Coca-Cola decided that their product was passé and put out New Coke in the same old package. That didn't turn out so well and it's no surprise to me that New Superman hasn't either. That this (apparently) didn't occur to anyone at WB is what boggles my mind.

...sorry but I find this kinda gnarly.
All this time folks arguing that jon and the movie said one thing, others saying the opposite, then this movie confirms the former and the latter talking about 'where did that come from'. Nothing jon said conflicted with the idea of superman, it simply conflicted with early exposure and without knowing the truth first.

hint, i side barn scene(sent here for a reason) and ending flash back about 'your father always saw it(this)'. Along with the idea that if films are suppose to work in and of themselves than this statement could be referencing any infinite number of conversations had in the 18 years they had together in the context of this movie's self contained history.
and still..

Pa Kent wanting Clark to be ready for a ****storm when he exposes himself is different from Pa Kent dreaming of a Superman.

If anything Pa Kents dream was Clark taking over the farm one day. Nothing Snyder showed in MoS and BvS gave me the idea Pa Kent would've ever pushed Clark to try and become something more.

No, that's not what Pa Kent wanted. Pa Kent wanted Clark to accept humanity as his own, and when he did, then when he revealed himself the world would be able to accept him. And that's exactly as it played out.
So that line about "Superman was never real, he was just the dream of a farmer from Kansas" was exactly what Pa Kent wanted. So at the final point of "this is my world", it is the point Clark unequivocally decides that no matter what people throw at him (scorn, abuse, misunderstanding, a monster) he will be Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"