• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next month tho......

NEXT MONTH THO!

Wish Henry didn't bother to gain an addition 10 pounds. He's kinda lost his beautiful cheekbones/jawline

latest

Yes, I'm a straight guy, but come on.

Well, he looks better as a lean guy but I kinda like it this way because he looks more mature and classic superman. (hairstyle and even lack of hair as well)

main-qimg-63e04fbd75713de2a93ae9464724ec10

Screen-Shot-2015-07-13-at-12.01.38-PM.png

Wish Henry didn't bother to gain an addition 10 pounds. He's kinda lost his beautiful cheekbones/jawline

latest

Yes, I'm a straight guy, but come on.

I think Snyder thought that against a "mature" Batman, Superman should not look as young as he did in MoS, a more mature look was needed, which explains why his Clark Kent looks closer to George Reeves Clark Kent.

I think Snyder thought that against a "mature" Batman, Superman should not look as young as he did in MoS, a more mature look was needed, which explains why his Clark Kent looks closer to George Reeves Clark Kent.

I dunno about that because didn't he want to juxtapose a mature Batman with an "immature" Superman?

Looking at that gif and the way his mouth his moving
Keeping in mind that he could be on the phone with somebody inside the building...

...Lucius?

LU-
tumblr_nreg0fNCJO1sh7xd3o1_500.gif

I think he's talking to Jena Malone's character.

Supes has grasped reality quite a bit as compared to MoS, but he's still the "new guy" in town

If I could cast my dream New 52 lineup for this DCCU, it would be as follows:

Superman - Danny DeVito
Batman - Adam Sandler
Aquaman - Nicholas Cage
Wonder Woman -Kirsten Dunst
Green Lantern - Vince Vaughn
Cyborg - Eddie Murphy
The Flash - Charlie Sheen

Okay I'm joking......or am I ;)

I dunno about that because didn't he want to juxtapose a mature Batman with an "immature" Superman?

Batman is mature ... but Superman in BvS is not a newbie either.

Been out of the loop yesterday, did I mess something with this new trailer? It was essentially the same trailer with an Air Turkey plug??

I think TDKR had more hype around it. At least, more positive hype.

Alot of people are talking about BvS, but its not all as positive as it was for TDKR (which had pretty much no negativity going in).
That's a good thing. Good or bad, the film has remained in the conversation. If it gets rave reviews, watch all that negativity just wash away and be replaced with adulation. I've always said this film will succeed or fail on it's own terms.

Man of Steel is a better movie than The Dark Knight Rises.
I don't see it that way. I don't know how it is. I can say that I think from a directorial standpoint it's better executed (I think Christopher Nolan was a little disconnected from the process in the last movie), and I'd even say that the script is a little messier, but as a whole TDKR is a better movie as I see it.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

I know we try to avoid giving the spotlight to the trolls and haters, but this dude posted a 29 minute video talking about how disappointed he is in this DC universe, how much has been spoiled, and how Batman's reasoning for fighting Superman is idiotic and because of all this, he is not seeing the movie.

So I subscribed and said I'll be keeping an eye on his account after March :sly:

If I could cast my dream New 52 lineup for this DCCU, it would be as follows:

Superman - Danny DeVito
Batman - Adam Sandler
Aquaman - Nicholas Cage
Wonder Woman -Kirsten Dunst
Green Lantern - Vince Vaughn
Cyborg - Eddie Murphy
The Flash - Charlie Sheen

Okay I'm joking......or am I ;)
That would be a great cast for a JL parody in the future

How disappointed he is in the DC universe? You mean the ONE movie out there? :hehe:

I think TDKR is an underrated gem that suffers from being the direct sequel to possibly the greatest movie ever in the genre. It's the most "comic book-y" of the Nolan films, and that works against it, I guess. I still think it's better than 90% of the CBMs of the past decade.

For me, it's better than MoS because of the emotional stakes established in the prior two films of the trilogy.

How disappointed he is in the DC universe? You mean the ONE movie out there? :hehe:

BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL THOSE OTHER MOVIES (not the tdkt) THAT WARNERS MADE!

LIKE GREEN LANTERN, AND CATWOMAN, AND SUPERGIRL, AND BATMAN & ROBIN!?

THOSE CLEARLY SHOW US THAT THE DCEU IS GONNA SUCK, BRO!

/s

Last edited:
Batman's reasoning for fighting Superman is idiotic and because of all this
I can't say I disagree with that part. I don't see either of their reasons for fighting to be reasonable though. The Dark Knight Returns hits all the right checkpoints for me, though it has to throw Superman under the bus to do it. I know who to root for, they're old friends so they have drama to them in their fight, I didn't know what was going to happen and the fight creates a situation where no one has to actually win in order for it to be a satisfying conclusion. I don't see this movie doing that.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

I hope they collect this prequel comics in a trade.

12669471_811844122271145_1451313441238912859_n.jpg

New cover?

Where's that from? Now that's how you do Superman on a cover.

I've never even heard of Mega though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"