All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henry Cavill is 6'0.5" tall.

The suit will make him look taller because it is mostly one solid colour that turns his body into a vertical line and also accentuates his narrow waist and wide shoulders which makes you look taller.

Also there will be camera tricks involved and likely there will be lifts in his boots.

Michael Shannon is 6'3" so we will see how they handle it.

JAK®;23974437 said:
Henry Cavill is 6'0.5" tall.

The suit will make him look taller because it is mostly one solid colour that turns his body into a vertical line and also accentuates his narrow waist and wide shoulders which makes you look taller.

Also there will be camera tricks involved and likely there will be lifts in his boots.

Michael Shannon is 6'3" so we will see how they handle it.

Doesn't bother me if the villain is taller at all means he's a bigger threat :p

I think it's a good choice for Cavill, not being TOO tall. Hide in plane sight as it were...

Harder to disguise a 6'4" guy from the masses.

He looks great, can't wait to see more.

I think WB and Snyder should release the HD Comic con footage and some other images soon...

Where is the petition to sign????

I know a lot of people are saying the Krypton stuff will be flashbacks, and I don't doubt there will be some of that, but I'm betting that the bulk of the Krypton-set scenes will happen linearly, opening the movie.

Beyond that, I think it's possible we go from there to adult Clark in Alaska. From there, his back story would unfold in flashback, bit by bit bringing us up to where he is now, purposefully on his own, trying to live the life of a a very ordinary man (this possibly fueled by guilt over being unable to have saved someone very dear to him), all the while burdened with unanswered questions about who he is and where he came from. His only clues would be the ship, revealed to him in one of the Smallville flashbacks, and his powers.

Some catalyst takes him further north, into the Arctic, where his questions are answered, and perhaps there we get a bit more Krypton material.
yea they have to much story to tell.we know the suit come from krypton,so that got to be explained on krypton and how it got to earth.the conflick beteen zod and jor-el.it supose to be a war on krypton,Russell Crowe and michael shannon said jor-el and zod fight each other in this movie.what's gonna be the cause of krypton down fall?they got show how zod ,faora and co survived and where they went, how they got to earth.no way all that gonna be flash backs.

You'd kind of assume he was there because he wants to be as far away from people as possible, right? So I wonder if something happened that made him think he was a danger to other people? Or maybe every time he's used his powers before, people have been terrified of him, so he's gone somewhere where he's unlikely to need to use them or be seen using them (and then the oil rig thing happens and he realises he can go to the end of the earth but he can't out run his own nature or something like that).
That would be amazing! :supes:

in Birthright, I believe, when Clark was travelling, he would often use his powers to help people, but then they would regard him as a freak.

perhaps something similar happens here, and that's why Clark seems to always be travelling from one place to another ( if that's what happens ).

In light of how all those involved with the project have been saying on how they're trying to bring a Superman where both audiences of past and present can enjoy watching the character, let alone him having a compelling journey for us all to be invested in, I wonder if they'll try to address the issue/the fact that given Superman's powers (he's practically one of the most strongest DC Characters) that he needs to be face with HUGE physical obstacles since one of the criticisms that I keep seeing raised against the character from a lot of people is how he can pretty much do anything.

I mean take any interview where a director is talking about the physical struggles that their character is going to face in their given movie, and a lot would say that "he's not Superman" in a way where it's not meant to be a flattering comment to the character in a sense.

Superman's going to need to be presented with some compelling villains and obstacles in this franchise as well. Like they say, a hero is only as a great as the villain as he faces, and so far, he hasn't been allowed to face villains on the Big Screen that have been characterized as intimidating and threatening.

That's why I think Doomsday is going to be in this movie.

"I wonder if they'll try to address the issue/the fact that given Superman's powers (he's practically one of the most strongest DC Characters) that he needs to be face with HUGE physical obstacles since one of the criticisms that I keep seeing raised against the character from a lot of people is how he can pretty much do anything."

I dont think we have to worry about the stakes not being there considering we have super-villains this time and several kryptonians at that.
Add to that the fact that Supes might learn that Zod might've killed his parents, which makes it very personal all of a sudden.

Supes is definitely going to have his hands full. And so are they others. Supes not having fought before, much less with someone almost, or just as, powerful as him. And Zod is a warrior at heart and mind, but have never had superpowers. Both are somewhat rookies. Interesting combinations and odds. I hope they hint at that also thereby creating some hectic and chaotic fighting sequences with powers blazing out of control.

Supes is definitely going to have his hands full. And so are they others. Supes not having fought before, much less with someone almost, or just as, powerful as him. And Zod is a warrior at heart and mind, but have never had superpowers. Both are somewhat rookies. Interesting combinations and odds. I hope they hint at that also thereby creating some hectic and chaotic fighting sequences with powers blazing out of control.

:up:

They whole living in a cardbox box thing will really come into play. But you can take it big guy, can't you......

Just passing by...

I speculate the mocap man is Quex-Ul.

Harry Lennix, who plays General Swanwick of the U.S. Army, was also spotted with a mo-cap suit...

superman-man-of-steel-mo-cap-suit-set-photo-01-600x395.jpg

Im not so sure that's him. I did a close up on the pic and it kind of doesn't look like Lennix, imo.

Harry Lennix, who plays General Swanwick of the U.S. Army, was also spotted with a mo-cap suit...

superman-man-of-steel-mo-cap-suit-set-photo-01-600x395.jpg

That's not Lennix/Swanwick. That was the stuntman that was seen during that time of filming in Plano, with Henry and Antje/Faora.

yeah.....I was wondering about the stroller and the guy with the gun/rifle.......

"I wonder if they'll try to address the issue/the fact that given Superman's powers (he's practically one of the most strongest DC Characters) that he needs to be face with HUGE physical obstacles since one of the criticisms that I keep seeing raised against the character from a lot of people is how he can pretty much do anything."

I dont think we have to worry about the stakes not being there considering we have super-villains this time and several kryptonians at that.
Add to that the fact that Supes might learn that Zod might've killed his parents, which makes it very personal all of a sudden.

I hope that’s the case; the more impossible the odds look against him, than the more appreciated will his victory be over it.

What if the "What if the glasses are gone" thread is gone?

What then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"