All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sick of countdowns to countdowns and crap like that...at least this thing didn't go on for 2 weeks

Do people still go to movies for the trailers attached to them? They're attaching the MoS trailer so that the Hobbit audience gets to see the trailer and not the other way around.

Yeah. That's the purpose of putting it in front of the movie in the first place. But the purpose of not putting it online until after weekend of release is to get that handful of people that aren't interested in the movie to buy a ticket to see the trailer. A few here have said they might.

Guys about the symbols.

Would the first symbol be number One? Or Zero and then One, Two, Three etc?

We should probably sort this out now so we can work out the correct time when they put it up in Kryptonian.

I'm sick of countdowns to countdowns and crap like that...at least this thing didn't go on for 2 weeks

That's why I don't mind this one. It's already ending soon. Although it might lead to another countdown. If it does end with the release of the trailer though (which I'm thinking it will), we're definitely getting it by Friday. I'm thinking...what's the point of making a viral for the release of the trailer if they're going to wait until Monday when the trailer will have leaked by then.

Hopefully the new page is interesting and offers something other than a simple countdown clock. Like the Pacific Rim site that has pics/blueprints of the Jaegers from the movie.

Yeah. That's the purpose of putting it in front of the movie in the first place. But the purpose of not putting it online until after weekend of release is to get that handful of people that aren't interested in the movie to buy a ticket to see the trailer. A few here have said they might.

Eh...I think that's a very, very small ammount of people. Besides...the trailer will leak. There's no way it won't. IMO it would be better to release it before it does and I'm definitely not saying this because I'm impatient...well...:oldrazz:

I hope it's a numbering system like roman numerals, if they're letters then kryptonians are very unoriginal lol it's just the same symbol in different positions pretty much.

Last edited:
Didnt that link say it would be a clock with roman numbers? So 10 symbols is 10 hours or..? My logic sux..

I hope it's a numbering system like roman numberals, if they're letters then kryptonians are very unoriginal lol it's just the same symbol in different positions pretty much.

CRAP! Anyone good at roman numbers?

The viral marketing idea for this though is actually very interesting, listening for the signals in space, this may be how the government knows there is an alien being on earth. It would be really cool to see a big NASA like team tracking Kal-El's spaceship as it heads into earth but not being able to completely track it due to some sort of stealthing system.

About 7 mins left and we'll know what this is and what it leads to...

Huh.. That's easy, isnt it?

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 or 0

I - II - III - IV - V - VI - VII - VIII - IX - X or ? (dont know what zero is)

But how do you do that in clock format now this is what we need to work out

roman-numerals.JPG

y'all need to knock off the math or I'm gonna have a mental breakdown! I hate math

We'll see if this gives us a direct link, or something other we'll need to decode in order to get the link.

Got the last symbol, haven't been paying attention to this viral but it seems cool... not sure if this'll help, but here ya go.

kp3R3.png

Final signal unlocked! Time to decode it and see where this leads us.

How do you do that?

Pacific Rim's trailer countdown was released through viral marketing for those wondering how we know the trailer is coming out on wednesday as well. It's on the site www. pan pacific defense .com (no spaces clearly)

If this unlocks a legitimate clock, it's a really good example of viral marketing done right, I'm digging it. Solving puzzles as part of a large community with references to the movie as a backstory, I really like it. Not "share this X number of times aka we will just release something TBD at a later time once we feel we've milked you for advertising enough" crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"