• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
That either character could be utilised for the purposes of the story, as it deviates from them anyway. Bizzaro could be an attempt at an organic host for Brainiac, or Metallo could be used as an attempt at a mechanical host for Brainiac.

I could see Goyer and Nolan looking at doing something like that when it comes to adapting Braniac/Metallo/Bizarro in this series of films.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jonah Nolan winds up (officially) writing the screenplay for the sequel to MOS as well with Goyer.

Merry Christmas Supes fans :)

I finally, finally got a new copy of Superman:Birthright for Christmas. Also got a Superman wallet :D

I find the ending of TDKR great, but i feel killing Bruce off would have been a more..i don't know.. definitive ending. I would have been okay with it, hell going in to the film, i thought he was going to die at the end.

Was in a conversation last night with some family members who saw just the TDKR in Blue Ray and the group of 8 uncles and a few aunts said they loved the film and said they never thought Batman movies could have so much depth and meaning. A couple within the group who are literary and history buffs, loved the Tale of Two Cities and French Revolution parallels.

They ALL loved the ending of the film, which the majority of fans and the general movie going public seem to love as well.

Merry Christmas everyone!! Have a super, great day!

Those 'S' cubes are the coolest thing I've seen this season.

tumblr_ldwprvsoRa1qbn0qxo1_400.jpg

Merry Superman christmas! :D

Merry Christmas Supes fans :)

I finally, finally got a new copy of Superman:Birthright for Christmas. Also got a Superman wallet :D

Awesome, I still think Birthright is the best of the Superman Origin Stories.

Forgot to mention my fiancé ordered me the S cube mold but it hasn't arrived yet.

Compared to TDKR, this marketing seems much slower. Comparing Bane and Zod, didn't Bane have multiple stills and pictures by this point.? I seem to remember that with 5 months left till the premiere of Rises they had plenty of Bane pictures, unlike MOS and Zod.
Yeah that's true..Even Star Trek Into Darkness and Iron Man 3 villans have been presented to the general audience..Zod has..what? A glimpse in the trailer? He could easily be Superman's Brother, Jor-el lawyer or Jimmy Olsen's boyfriend :hrt:
Then, the rest of the cast needs to be introduced..They're obviously not late, but, they have to start showing something..

Maybe they're waiting because Zod in MOS isn't...just the only villain, or he's connected to something, or that huge suit is related something, that they don't want to reveal just yet before June rolls around. Keeping the suspense.

Maybe they're waiting because Zod in MOS isn't...just the only villain, or he's connected to something, or that huge suit is related something, that they don't want to reveal just yet before June rolls around. Keeping the suspense.
They can't wait june to make the public know who Zod is :yay: even if the main villain is another one..like Talia in tdkr..Zod could be our Bane, but, at least they have to make the General audience know that there's a villain..

Yeah that's true..Even Star Trek Into Darkness and Iron Man 3 villans have been presented to the general audience..Zod has..what? A glimpse in the trailer? He could easily be Superman's Brother, Jor-el lawyer or Jimmy Olsen's boyfriend :hrt:
Then, the rest of the cast needs to be introduced..They're obviously not late, but, they have to start showing something..

It frustrates me that we've gotten little to nothing about Zod. It also peaks my interest. I think it may end up being the right idea to have withheld all the Zod info to make him all mysterious and such, but I for one think January is a great time to release a photo or poster of Zod. Doubt we'll see anything new until at least February though...

My gf got herself a really nice supergirl outfit. I cant show you her in it tho. Bannage.:word:

Going back to villains in the MOS sequels, I was rereading Luthor (aka Lex Luthor: Man of Steel) and I gotta say: THAT should be Lex Luthor in the sequel. That, and from me, adding the Luthor from the "It's Superman!" novel (must read BTW).

Going back to villains in the MOS sequels, I was rereading Luthor (aka Lex Luthor: Man of Steel) and I gotta say: THAT should be Lex Luthor in the sequel. That, and from me, adding the Luthor from the "It's Superman!" novel (must read BTW).

Lex Luthor in that novel would be a sight for sore eyes onscreen. He was at his most badass in that comic, even his own personal wet-works guy was appalled at Luthors completely amoral behavior. I mean, the guy
had his wet-works operative unknowingly pass directions to toyman and had them blow up a daycare center killing over 70 children and adults.
Now that's some evil snit! His xenophobia and hate for Supes was also well depicted.

I would also like to see to a smaller extent some of Lex's personality from All Star Superman incorporated into his next onscreen persona. I loved how uber smart he was in that. Truly the world's smartest man. I get chills every time I read the beginning of that novel, seeing Lex explain his plans to general Lane, using technobable and sabotaging the space mission. His intelligence was depicted perfectly. Mix that in with a bit more Luthor:MOS and you have a nearly perfect Lex imo.

Oh jeez, now I have yet another thing to say in this topic. lol

Anyway, Paul Levitz said on the Batman Psychology documentary that when Nolan was working on Batman Begins, one of the discussions they had was when Nolan revealed that he saw Bruce Wayne as Teddy Roosevelt, and if you looked at Teddy's life, he has alot of similartaries to Batman, and is a real life historical figure comparsion to that character. For Superman; he has been compared to those of religious and mythology, from Jesus and Moses, to Hercules and I believe Odysseus too. For Man of Steel, and because Nolan is invovled, do you think they have a real life historical figure to compare to Superman, and if so, whom do you think?

Anyway, Paul Levitz said on the Batman Psychology documentary that when Nolan was working on Batman Begins, one of the discussions they had was when Nolan revealed that he saw Bruce Wayne as Teddy Roosevelt, and if you looked at Teddy's life, he has alot of similartaries to Batman, and is a real life historical figure comparsion to that character. For Superman; he has been compared to those of religious and mythology, from Jesus and Moses, to Hercules and I believe Odysseus too. For Man of Steel, and because Nolan is invovled, do you think they have a real life historical figure to compare to Superman, and if so, whom do you think?

Looks like JESUS w/the current trailer so far.

They no doubt probably do. I like to think of Superman as the ultimate everyman though. He labors hard with two jobs each day, works under a boss at the DP, pines for the pretty hard-working girl at his workplace, has a dog, his own retreat, has people that hate him, etc. It's just on a much larger-scale.

I think there's a common idea on these boards that the only way for a great Superman film is to have him in a physical fight with someone equally matched. And everyone always cites Superman Returns as their reasoning. But I completely disagree. SR didn't suck because of Superman not brawling with anyone. It was just all the casts' characterizations was completely wrong.

I got to see the MOS trailer with the Hobbit in 3D! My friend was wanting to move seats then I heard the familiar trailer starting and said 'WAIT I can't miss this!'. Then I spent the next 2:20 mins welling up and trying not to start weeping. Never been excited for a film this much.

Anyways Merry Xmas everyone! Our real gift will be delivered by Santa Snyder in 6 months time!

I think the main problem with Lex is the visual escalation.

How do you go from Alien Invaders to a businessman without some cartoonishly large scale macguffin for him to hit?

A big difference in the Nolan Bats and previous 4 was that the actual motive for the Nolan villains were exactly the same. Gotham's moral destruction.

I'm not sure how you bring Lex in and make him anything more than a X2 level threat. I.E he stabs Superman in the back.

^That's why Lex has to be paired up with some alien threat.

^That's why Lex has to be paired up with some alien threat.

Exactly. Have Lex pair up with Brainiac and they either build Metallo as a host body, or create Parasite, Bizzaro, or Doomsday from a Kryptonian abandoned military biological weapon project.

I want to see Lex go after the "alien" that has stolen his thunder by using the media, politics, govt. etc on the surface; however, beneath Lex uses his knowledge of Krypton gained from Brainiac to secretly kill Superman and become --in his mind--the Earth's savior/hero.

I also want to see Clark (if he does become a reporter) battle Lex on his business affairs and maybe uncover some unethical business practices, urban real estate deals, etc.

I think the main problem with Lex is the visual escalation.

How do you go from Alien Invaders to a businessman without some cartoonishly large scale macguffin for him to hit?

A big difference in the Nolan Bats and previous 4 was that the actual motive for the Nolan villains were exactly the same. Gotham's moral destruction.

I'm not sure how you bring Lex in and make him anything more than a X2 level threat. I.E he stabs Superman in the back.

What about Lex's power suit? Heck, if Zod has one in this film, maybe Lex bases it on that technology.

A Superman movie without any sort of alien influence would be nice. Lex should be crafty enough to not need to rely on alien tech to take on Superman. I don't think they have to get "bigger" to be more intense or threatening. Of course, that's the easy way out, though.

What about Lex's power suit? Heck, if Zod has one in this film, maybe Lex bases it on that technology.

I've thought about that myself, what if Lex gets hold of Zods armour and uses it to create his own. I definitely think Lex with the power suit or not needs to be paired with a secondary villain aswell.

I'm kinda hoping Lex or Lexcorp is in MOS, kinda like how Oscorp is in The Amazing Spider-Man and Norman Osborn is mentioned but never seen.

I've thought about that myself, what if Lex gets hold of Zods armour and uses it to create his own. I definitely think Lex with the power suit or not needs to be paired with a secondary villain aswell.

That's boring. He's just Zod Part 2.

I agree he needs a second villain with him. But a decent version of Lex need not be Zod part 2. Lex could be a compelling villain if he is essentially treated as an evil version of Batman - a powerfully intelligent, cunning strategist who is rarely caught off guard. Something like he was in parts of JLU - a really formidable foe despite the fact that he is only human.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"