All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
i love the picture of zod he imo emphasizes he isn't your typical evil villain or else we would of got some typical ominous in the shadows shot like we got of bane

Sat at work, casually checked shh while on lunch...

SAW THESE PICS!

Burst into hysterical laughter :funny:

Luckily, no one pays any attention to me, sitting in my little corner :p

So awesome :)

Cavill looks incredible, and I love the first little glimpse of the world of Krypton :D

Suit colors and feel reminds me of both Fleischer and Kingdom Come. I like it.

Darker colors wasn't the problem with SR suit for me, it was the colors themselves (baby blue and brown red) that looked jarring. together.

Last edited:

Darker colors wasn't the problem with SR suit for me, it was the colors themselves (baby blue and brown red) that looked jarring. together.

Agreed and you also mentioned at the top two of my favourite Superman designs. Tbh I kind of wish Singer had gone for the Fleischer design in SR.

I love the pic of Crowe's Jor-El, both he and Krypton looks great!

Agreed. I was kinda afraid he'd be too... rugged for Jor-El, but he looks great. And stoic, in that still, at least.

Everything's amazing! Henry is the first Superman that looks powerful and manly.

Krypton looks like futuristic renaissance of awesome. I'm so ready for this

Is that some weird looking guy in the background on that Jor El pic? Looks like he's got a really white face like that villain from Earth One

Is that some weird looking guy in the background on that Jor El pic? Looks like he's got a really white face like that villain from Earth One

Looks like an older woman to me.

Love the new Empire pics, Cavill looks so good in that suit once again very confident and imposing. Im digging the other glimpses we were given as well, I guess peope expecting a bright and cheery tone or color scheme will have to get used to the fact that we won't be getting one.

brighter colors does not always convey "a bright and cheery tone"... the tones in the new Spider-Man film were dark, and yet the colors still remained vibrant in hue.

^guess we saw different movie

that entire movie took place at night lol

anytime spiderman was in costume it was night time

Omg, we actually got something new to discuss ? lol Pictures are great, Henry looks like a bad ass mofo

I like how Cavill looks in the photo. The publicity photo looks like it was taken around the same time as the photo from the French magazine. If he and the suit look like this for most of the movie than I'll be happy.

Agreed. I was kinda afraid he'd be too... rugged for Jor-El, but he looks great. And stoic, in that still, at least.
Way to go for Crowe. He looks solid. And even if we see Krypton warring with one another, I'm sure the look of it will be breath taking, and be poignant when it is destroyed.

I guess Shannon is wearing the Zod armor in that photo. He's not wearing the simple black suit we saw during the train fight scenes or from the toy doll.

Agreed. The colors of the SR suit mixed with all those filters Singer used really made it look strange.

I guess Shannon is wearing the Zod armor in that photo. He's not wearing the simple black suit we saw during the train fight scenes or from the toy doll.

I assume that he'll get his armor taken away when he gets sent to black zero.

Once he escapes, he rebuilds it or reclaims the old one.

I think both Cavill and the suit look good in the official stills except that very first one posing with the bank vault. It's how both he and the costume look in the actually movie that I have minor criticisms of.

I think both Cavill and the suit look good in the official stills except that very first one posing with the bank vault. It's how both he and the costume look in the actually movie that I have minor criticisms of.

The small details of the suit really pop on screen. They are really subdued in the stills.

Pretty sure it's just to emphasize the "grittyness" of the reboot. Or it's actually a used battlesuit worn by Jor-El.

I've been thinking the same thing since I saw that Jor-El had a similar suit underneath his. I think Superman's suit is one of his father's.

I agree with this bc I have no issue whats so ever with how dark the colors are for the MOS suit. They go very well together.

brighter colors does not always convey "a bright and cheery tone"... the tones in the new Spider-Man film were dark, and yet the colors still remained vibrant in hue.
I agree with you but thats not what I was specifically referring to. Most peoples complaints is about the look of the film being too dark (not the tone), and thats what I was adressing.

I in no way think this film will have a dark depressing tone, but an uplifting and inspiring feel to say the least.

I've been thinking the same thing since I saw that Jor-El had a similar suit underneath his. I think Superman's suit is one of his father's.

I'm pretty sure he inherits the suit as some sort of heirloom. Whether or not Jor-El actually used it is the question.

Without starting a huge hairstyle debate, I don't know if the hairstyle in the official stills is the same as the movie. I think his hairstyle from the Empire magazine looks fine and would eliminate any of the hairstyle criticisms from the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"