All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe they are going to release another trailer in late March or April but I'm still not convinced about the Superbowl spot rumor.

The handheld cam part worries me way more. I don't know anyone who likes shaky cam why do directors keep using it. Hopefully it's not annoying like it was in hunger games and les mis.

The handheld cam part worries me way more. I don't know anyone who likes shaky cam why do directors keep using it. Hopefully it's not annoying like it was in hunger games and les mis.

Excites the hell out of me. Anything that enhances the feeling of seeing it from the public/victims POV and actually feeling like a part of that is a plus for me :D

I believe they are going to release another trailer in late March or April but I'm still not convinced about the Superbowl spot rumor.

The next trailer will be released online just before Iron Man 3 on May 3rd. Happened with TDKR, will surely happen with MOS.

TBH, i'm still a little in shock that MOS got the front page over IM3 :)

To clarify since I know next to nothing about camera's used in film, is this hand-cam a smaller camera which can literally be wielded using one hand, or is 'hand cam' nothing to do with the size of the camera, but rather a term used to describe how the footage will look, i.e as if we were there watching/filming the scene.

It's weird I don't notice the shaky cam-ness of the shots in the trailers we've had. Perhaps because when I have seen it, it's been a far heavier use of it (Chronicle etc). Really interesting to see just how much of the film has used it. I'd imagine a decision to use a hand cam so predominantly must've had to go through some exec's or something?

It's weird I don't notice the shaky cam-ness of the shots in the trailers we've had. Perhaps because when I have seen it, it's been a far heavier use of it (Chronicle etc). Really interesting to see just how much of the film has used it. I'd imagine a decision to use a hand cam so predominantly must've had to go through some exec's or something?

Only time i've noticed it is at about the 1.42 mark of the comic con footage, where we see a shot of explosions from a building.

And the way the angle is pointed like a person slightly looking up, it definitely seems like the 'shaky cam' parts are going to be for public POV reaction shots.

Which is awesome :D

Excites the hell out of me. Anything that enhances the feeling of seeing it from the public/victims POV and actually feeling like a part of that is a plus for me :D

I don't think it will be bad. From what I can remember the shot in the trailer in the arctic coming up from behind supes cape and boots it seems to be a "shaky" camera. That shot looks amazing btw. So I wouldn't be too worried.

Only time i've noticed it is at about the 1.42 mark of the comic con footage, where we see a shot of explosions from a building.

And the way the angle is pointed like a person slightly looking up, it definitely seems like the 'shaky cam' parts are going to be for public POV reaction shots.

Which is awesome :D

Hell yea. There's one in the arctic too. I actually really liked the shots. not worried about that. Or the cgi part either because Snyder always has legit cgi

I don't get the general hate for either handheld per se or the shaky-cam style. It's all about context and execution (story, feel, tone etc.). Handheld can be used for great results and in many great ways. Personally I loved it in Le Mis for example.

Handheld definitely has it's place in cinema. Not saying it can't be bad too (the overly shaky-cam in action trend from some years back wasn't always that hot for example), but to say it's bad per se, seems a bit narrow.

Handheld can create great dynamics, urgency and immersion if used in the right way and in a fitting context. Some of my favorite images from the MoS trailers are handheld stuff.

Last edited:
That picture is fine but I've already seen the suit, it's a good suit and I like it but I've already seen it.
And what else you want to see?We have the first full costume photo at last and looks great.We have Zod photo,Jor El,we have the trailer,what else you want to see?Personally i want to see nothing else,no spoliers at all,just to wait for the movie now.
And the lucky ones they will see from 14 june,i will have to wait until 20,which is the release date in Greece.By the way the new costume rocks.This the costume Superman ment to wear.Beats anything else of the past.

To clarify since I know next to nothing about camera's used in film, is this hand-cam a smaller camera which can literally be wielded using one hand, or is 'hand cam' nothing to do with the size of the camera, but rather a term used to describe how the footage will look, i.e as if we were there watching/filming the scene.

Hand held:

2diglg7.jpg

2chb9u0.jpg

Are we sure that there's really anything present inside the Empire magazine regarding MOS besides the photos since almost every other film that was mentioned in that same issue have had their info revealed already, I mean what's taking so long for MOS's info to be shown?

Handheld can create great dynamics, urgency and immersion if used in the right way and in a fitting context. Some of my favorite images from the MoS trailers are handheld stuff.
Very well put. It really aids in the whole "grounded" approach if the way the film is shot gives it a you-are-really-there, documentarian, even intimate feel, as opposed to everything being smooth, dolly-mounted and motion-controlled. The hand-held look has been evident from the first teaser, where the camera zooms in to catch Superman flying past. The latest trailer is chock-full of examples. As long as it doesn't go to the extreme of making people feel sick, I think it's going to benefit the film greatly.

I remember Cavill's stunt double would periodically tweat about hanging from a wire. I also thought Amy Adams mentioned hanging from a wire.

Where are our interviews and spoilers????lol

Every time a new photo comes out I get excited and have to watch all the trailers again. hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"