All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep; I believe he originally underwent months of training to prepare himself for the flying scenes, whether it was practicing on harnesses or swimming in order to get the postures right.

They even filmed a lot of scenes of him flying in front of the green screen but from what I heard, Singer decided to not use them later on and replaced it with the CGI doubles.

On another note:

Stakes are high for "Man of Steel." Other than Nolan's Batpics, Warners has not been able to effectively exploit the DC library. Its 2011 "Green Lantern" underperformed, and a "Justice League" film wouldn't likely be in theaters before 2015, as Warner's top brass has indicated that they are awaiting the results of "Man of Steel," which opens June 14, before moving further ahead.

Source: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118065276/

The irony in all of this is that whether MOS succeeds or not, it seems like we won't get a MOS sequel right away or at least one before a JLA film happens since if MOS succeeds..then off to JLA..and if it doesn't succeed..then no JLA or MOS sequel.

yeah I'd be pissed if I had done all that training for flying scenes and then poof...all the scenes that i filmed weren't even used. I'd be upset...

So should I be hoping MOS does lukewarm so we won't get a possibly horrible JL or should I just hope it does well and hope for the best? :(

Love the aspect of the article talking about the idea that this character is "first contact" for the human race. That's going to be interesting to explore. I like that.

Well, if Justice League were a 2015 movie, we could still get Man of Steel 2: Man of Steeler in 2016. Which is 3 years after the original. That's how it worked between Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3. 3 year difference with a team-up in the gap. That is, if Man of Steel takes off in a big way.

So should I be hoping MOS does lukewarm so we won't get a possibly horrible JL or should I just hope it does well and hope for the best? :(

pG4O5.gif

Well, if Justice League were a 2015 movie, we could still get Man of Steel 2: Man of Steeler in 2016. Which is 3 years after the original. That's how it worked between Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3. 3 year difference with a team-up in the gap. That is, if Man of Steel takes off in a big way.

And that's assuming of course that JLA doesn't screw things up for Superman in MOS 2 in case JLA bombs and is critically destroyed.

^ Using Taco Girl can't save you now HeroMontanaLee. :o

Also I too fear JL, if a failure, will screw up any momentum built by MOS.

It's awesome how cherry and optimistic everyone here is. :o

It's been a long and somewhat disappointing day; and I say that in reference to the announcement that Young Justice and Green Lantern was cancelled on CN.

It's been a long and somewhat disappointing day; and I say that in reference to the announcement that Young Justice and Green Lantern was cancelled on CN.

I'll be sad once they run out of episodes, damn it!

That EMPIRE article was fantastic. Interesting insight on the vibe they're going for....

So overall; how do you guys feel about the stuff that was mentioned in the Empire Magazine regarding Snyder and Goyer's approach to bringing Superman to the big screen?

Personally, I know that there are those who really want a Superman film where the world that he's presented in is just as fantastical as he is in terms of the aesthetics and design, but I'm glad that we're getting a chance to see a film that will have a real world approach in how humanity, presented in a way as though it were in real life, would react to someone like Superman appearing on the scene and revealing his existence.

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

justice-league-doom-09.jpg

Wait, WHAAAAAT!!!!!

Not really... Snyder said that the fight/flight scenes would be CGI.

"Boy, are there visual effects. But in service of reality. If Cavill was ever on wires, it was only for body position. Snyder's philosophy was that Superman cannot do anything that is not a visual effect. For his superpowers to appear natural, they had to be digitally created. No strings attached."

Reading it again, that could be taken a bunch of different ways. Guess we'll see.

Young Justice seemed alright from what I saw but I could never get into GL's CG animation.

I hope the filmmakers go through with the themes they are promoting because the last Superman movie set up a theme and completely ditched it after Superman saved a space shuttle.

Last edited:
Another thing regarding the group cast photo; does anyone else find the positioning of the actors in that photo kind of odd?lol I mean you’d think that they’d have Cavil stand next to the actors playing his parents and have the actress playing Faora stand next to Zod.

Cage just doesn't look like Superman. Thank Lord JESUS that film never happened.

I love Cage and the suit doesn't look bad but he isn't Superman in any way shape or form. That movie would have been a disaster.

I'm actually kind of fond of the way he looked as Supes. I would have loved to have seen how that movie would have actually turned out. It's one thing seeing scenes written on a page, but it's another to see the same scenes played out right in front of you. It would have definitely been different, but interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"