All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be this. It seems like every recent article talking about JL, WB or something superhero/summer blockbuster related has had the author chime in over what they're hearing from the MOS screenings with it being called "THE" Summer blockbuster of 2013. Beaks over at AICN is the latest one to throw this out and supports this JL rumour:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61264

I'd imagine if this all true about the MOS screenings and WB being ecstatic that it would explain why they're moving to get Nolan, Goyer and Snyder. It's like they've become WB's own Trinity in between the three of them they resurrected the Batman franchise and now Superman.

Bale being onboard is the big thing I'm more hesitant to believe but if it happened....:wow:

El May has done his "due diligence" on this one.

Trust me....he is on point on this Exclusive.

Nolan wasn't being "coy" he said he can't talk about it. More than likely because there's NOTHING to talk ABOUT. I'm so glad you people aren't profilers.

Again, unless the trades pick it up it's worth less than the webpage it's typed on.

The Scott Snyder/Jim Lee Superman comic will be called Superman Unchained

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2013/03/04/dc-comics-superman-comic-book-series/1931359/

smund_cv1-3_4_r536_c534.jpg

I think they definitely want a team up, and will get one eventually, but my humble somewhat informed opinion is saying MOS 2 first. Shrugs.
WB wants some of that Avengers cash so I expect them to back that brinks truck into Bale's backyard soon enough. He played in Terminator Salvation so he isn't above going after a paycheck.

I'd rather they go the Batman Beyond route. That way Nolan's decision for Wayne to retire holds some weight, rather than going back to the status quo. TDKR"s ending loses the impact otherwise.

I'm not saying they should go the Beyond route I just mean that's an example of Bruce Wayne not been able to stay away from been Batman. The amount of films that have had sequels or prequels that people did t want is endless but it doesn't take away from what happened prior.

Man of Steel 2 is the best way to go. WB needs to put a plan in place before moving ahead with Justice League. Right now it sounds like they are a chicken with the head cut off.

What exactly don't some of you agree with what El May Exclusive report stated?

His points are ALL valid and on the money actually.

Like Mayimbe said. It's all about how WB's can compete with what Disney is doing and WB's shareholders and execs knows that the team of the Nolans, (Syncopy) Snyder, Goyer and Bale as Batman is a strong creative filmmaking team that knows how to make quality superhero films that make $$$$$$.

Add Cavills Superman and you have the solid foundation to build the DC film Universe on with a possible Worlds Finest film, JL and a few solo films eventually.

Yes, I would think in about 10 years we may see a new actor playing Batman, after a possible Worlds Finest and maybe 2 JL films.

It's a no brainer people....and if you don't see how it is a no brainer, than sorry, can't help ya.

The problem I have with his report is that he presented it as if it were a "scoop," when really it seems to be only his speculation. Scoops are structured as follows: "We've spoken to an insider (e.g. WB executive, VFX artist, etc.) who has just provided us new information that [insert news]." However, this is not what Mayimbe presented to us. Rather, he gave us his own reasoning as to why a Bale/Cavill/Nolan/Snyder/DCU team-up would make sense. Sure, his reasoning was valid and logical, but it was not new information. In fact, if his 'scoop' was really as much of a no-brainer as you claim, then it should be even more insulting to his audience that Mayimbe tried to present his information as if it were new or confidential. He packaged his own speculation as a news report.

I can only speak for myself, but I think this is what has fueled the backlash against the Mayimbe 'report.' Hell, he even video-taped his 'report' on a roof-top to maintain secrecy! He used unnecessary melodrama to reveal nothing more than his own speculations, which turned out to be rather obvious anyway, as you pointed out yourself.

So is everyone thinking this is happening then?

Now that Jetts revealed he knew about this rumour, add to that whennNolan and .goyer were asked about several things involving JL or Batman they wouldn't comment, I think it may just indeed be true. Whether or not they get the deals in place etc remains to be seen.

Connect the dots my friend.

It's happening and it's FANTASTIC news IMO! :word:

WB wants some of that Avengers cash so I expect them to back that brinks truck into Bale's backyard soon enough. He played in Terminator Salvation so he isn't above going after a paycheck.
Avengers didn't make ALL that much more than TDK adjusted for 3D and all that jazz. We'll have to see if Avengers 2 (or Avatar 2, for that matter) capture that lightning in a bottle again. TDKR proved that it's actually quite difficult. Banking on the formula that worked once won't always prove to be the best thing to do.

I believe that if MOS is great, they should ride that train as long as they can, instead of shoehorning it into a franchise that's not a guarantee.

I wish people would make up some more original rumors. I mean, if you're gonna do it at least put some thought into it. Something like The Raid director is making an Arkham Asylum movie with Joe Manganiello as Batman. Obvious bulls**t but it's good bulls**t.

I wish people would make up some more original rumors. I mean, if you're gonna do it at least put some thought into it. Something like The Raid director is making an Arkham Asylum movie with Joe Manganiello as Batman. Obvious bulls**t but it's good bulls**t.

I just don't understand what is happening. I feel like I am taking crazy pills.

Avengers didn't make ALL that much more than TDK adjusted for 3D and all that jazz. We'll have to see if Avengers 2 (or Avatar 2, for that matter) capture that lightning in a bottle again. TDKR proved that it's actually quite difficult. Banking on the formula that worked once won't always prove to be the best thing to do.

I believe that if MOS is great, they should ride that train as long as they can, instead of shoehorning it into a franchise that's not a guarantee.
To be fair the shooting did hurt TDKR's box office and I guess that proves your point about them not needing a team up film to make a ton of moolah.

Shared universe hurts Marvel's films in my opinion so I'm not a huge fan of the idea of WB/DC following suit. I agree that WB should just focus on Supes if MOS is successful.

Poni_Boy said:
I wish people would make up some more original rumors. I mean, if you're gonna do it at least put some thought into it.

:hmm

I just don't understand what is happening. I feel like I am taking crazy pills.
I think i read about a suprise at the end of man of steel ....maybe bale allready filmed his cameo ?

I tend to believe that if this so-called cameo was true, nerd sites across the globe would have melted down by now, and the leak, likely, would be detained or assassinated by WB Ninjas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"