• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I think that assumes that MOS would have less luster and momentum. Seems pessimistic.

Exactly. Show some confidence. If you need to overdo the money shots in the trailer, then do it.

That's fine, but Poni already confirmed that we're getting official posters this month and it is heavily-rumored that the final trailer will debut in April. From there, you can count on TV spots and advertisements in May. What is there to question? WB has been doing this since TDK.

I'll believe it when I see it. Not saying that Poni is wrong, just saying I'm getting tired of these nonstop "WB is going to release this or that" rumors from various sources concerning MOS and JL, when few of these rumors ever come true. Poni's word isn't a "confirmation." Only an official word is confirmation.

I never claimed to be an insider. Ever. You made that up because you couldn't respond in a civil manner. But do keep it up, see how long you last. :cwink:

No, actually you did. Your words were (paraphrasing): "Trust me, I know how this works. I work in marketing."

I still have a feeling they'll drop a new poster this week

That's fine, but Poni already confirmed that we're getting official posters this month and it is heavily-rumored that the final trailer will debut in April. From there, you can count on TV spots and advertisements in May. What is there to question? WB has been doing this since TDK.
You act like these things have worked out well.

I'll believe it when I see it. Not saying that Poni is wrong, just saying I'm getting tired of these nonstop "WB is going to release this or that" rumors from various sources concerning MOS and JL, when few of these rumors ever come true. Poni's word isn't a "confirmation." Only an official word is confirmation.

Poni is as golden Gill. If he says we're getting posters this month, then there's a 90% chance we're getting them.

Well, Superman fans are impatient since this film got pushed back. So I don't blame them. We've had to wait longer for MoS and fans are tired and worried, but I don't see WB dropping the ball on its only cash cow at this point. WB is off to a crappy year.

I'm just curious what the reaction would be to that exact Ironman trailer had it simply followed IM2.

Inversely, I wonder what the response this superman media would be had Superman Returns not existed.

It's amazing how public perception works.
One film can do wonders.

No, actually you did. Your words were (paraphrasing): "Trust me, I know how this works. I work in marketing."

I did say that and I do work in the marketing field but that doesn't make me an insider!! :huh: (especially since WB isn't my employee). Maybe that wasn't clear the first time around, well now it is and either way the matter is closed for me. :cwink:

Anyway, any of you think there's any chance of MOS appearing at WonderCon?

I'm still not confident IM3 is going to be a good film. IM2 had good trailers as well and I hated it.

I'm just saying that unlike MOS atleast IM3 is being marketed.

If The marketing of this film does not pick up I am worried MOS won't make a profit at the BO. I just want a damn Superman trilogy to be proud of. You would think that since MOS is the make it or break it for further superhero films at Warner would be more pro-active.

I did say that and I do work in the marketing field but that doesn't make me an insider!! :huh: (especially since WB isn't my employee). Maybe that wasn't clear the first time around, well now it is and either way the matter is closed for me. :cwink:

Anyway, any of you think there's any chance of MOS appearing at WonderCon?

"Superman Unbound" is premiering at WonderCon. Maybe they will attach a MoS trailer before it to surprise the attendees. One can always hope :)

WB is on a huge losing streak right now. MOS's performance is important.

Superman Returns was marketed like this and it only did okay, well under what WB had hoped for.

And Nolan isn't directing this movie.

..or is he?

Kkv3GGq.gif

I'm still not confident IM3 is going to be a good film. IM2 had good trailers as well and I hated it.

I'm just saying that unlike MOS atleast IM3 is being marketed.

It comes out in less than two months...that's why we're seeing more Iron Man 3 than Man of Steel. Man of Steel will get the blitzkrieg marketing we all want probably here in the next two to three weeks. Then, you won't be able to escape it.

Superman Returns was marketed like this and it only did okay, well under what WB had hoped for.

How are they on a losing streak again?

Unless you count Argo. :funny: It's hilarious, of all the movies to beat Weinstein's for BP, it had to be Affleck's pity party. :funny:

Yet he's being promoted as if he did. His brand is being employed at will by WB. The atmosphere and tone of the film only adds to the public perception.

Only the trailers have mentioned his name, fleetingly. And they've also mentioned that Zach Snyder is directing, and that he was the director of 300.

Sorry, but the marketing isn't revolving around Nolan. And if someone is in the GA and knows enough about movies to know who Christopher Nolan is, then they are also smart enough to know the difference between a director and a producer.

Again, I think that assumes that MOS would have less luster and momentum. Seems pessimistic.
Prudently cautious. :cwink:

“He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.” - The Art of War :word:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"